IGNORED

Current Situation/matthew Hill

CTRed

I think we need to step back and look at the situation here.

1 - Matthew Hill wants to leave Bristol City FC.

2 - Matthew Hill would have left last summer for free had the board not included the minimum-fee release clause.

3 - The fee of £100,000 was not set by the board. Again it was what was stipulated by Matthew Hill as a condition of signing.

4 - Stephen Lansdown offered Matthew Hill an improved contract (both financially and duration) 4 weeks ago - Matthew Hill refused this contract offer.

5 - Craig Woodman is available for recall as and when needed.

We have a situation where a club has come in with an offer that meets the release clause and the player wishes to leave - End of story. The fee was not set by the board, they can bear no responsibility for the player leaving. They actually have played the part in getting us £100,000 we would not have got had they not agreed to the players terms.

We have a very good left back in Mickey Bell and an encouraging prospect in Craig Woodman (providing his head is right) plus we will have money to buy an additional player is the need arises.

Also Brian Tinnion is not to blame in the situation, he has no control over the players mind, he can only concentrate on people who want to play for our club.

So I think people should stop trying to blame people and just accept the fact he is going and if he doesnt want to play for the club anymore, would anyone want to keep him? I know I wouldnt.

I think we need to step back and look at the situation here.

1 - Matthew Hill wants to leave Bristol City FC.

2 - Matthew Hill would have left last summer for free had the board not included the minimum-fee release clause.

As city had offered him a contract they would have been allowed to demand a fee with it being settled at a tribunal.

Also Brian Tinnion is not to blame in the situation, he has no control over the players mind, he can only concentrate on people who want to play for our club.

While not trying to blame anyone surely it is the managers responsibility to ensure his staff are happy.

As city had offered him a contract they would have been allowed to demand a fee with it being settled at a tribunal.

While not trying to blame anyone surely it is the managers responsibility to ensure his staff are happy.

Matthew Hill has stated he is perfectly happy, he has a chance to move to a club in a higher division.

Archived