IGNORED

Tottenham Hotspur

Milton Red

I was really shocked seeing this on MOTD yesterday - don't know why though, it being at Old Trafford!

What they were saying afterwards was right, surely in the matter of whether the ball has gone over the line there should be video replays? :dunno: It doesn't happen that often so I don't think it would stop play that much.

Manure, Chelski and Arsenal will ALWAYS get things like that given for them. In the past week they've all had mistakes forgiven by referees. It gets to the point where it's just stooopid!

I agree but come on u didnt even need a replay for that!! biggest scandel ever! and surprise surprise its at old trafford in favour of man u  :dunno:  :(

The fact that it happened at Old Trafford, in favour of Man Utd is completley irrelevant. I bet that if it had been Man utd who'd had it disallowed there would be nowhere near as much uproar.

but if you read the fa rules they state

312.4 All goals scored by the away team at Old Trafford cannot be allowed until the following process has been observed:

a - The ball must hit the net at a minimum velocity to ensure the net is completely ripped off the stansions adjoining the goalposts

b - Therefore a minimum of at least 4 yrds over the line

c - On the rare occasion that the linesman has not flagged for offside, foul on the defender, handball against the away team or dodgy haircut for the opposing forward - then the linesman must be taken away for torture until he does.

d - All decisions must then be referred to the fourth official

e - Final ratification of the decision must be granted by Sir Alex Ferguson who's decision remains final

f - All further investigations after the match will be referred to the FA for their internal investigation team to look into. All future meetings will take place at Old Trafford and members will be made up entirely of the board of Manchester United PLC and chaired by Sir Alex Ferguson.

312.5 All penalties awarded to the away team at Old Trafford cannot be allowed until the following process has been observed:

See Rule 312.4 above but substitute a & b with " a penalty can only be awarded to an away team only if the opposing forward has been chopped down in the box by a chain saw, bound and gagged, tarred and feathered. Any action replay must clearly show this beyond any doubt.

NB Rule 312 .4 & 5 can only be altered in any way by full company resolution filed at Companies House on behalf of Manchester United PLC

All i will say about this is that it gives managers a chance to show how nice they are! Benitez on the handball accepts it and gets on with it, Mourinho accepts that Liverpool should have had a penalty and gets on with it. Wenger and Fergeson are in my opinion the two biggest prats in the football managerial game. If i hear Wengers "I did not see it" or Fergusons "i am manager of Manchester United therfore always right" i think I'm gona explode!!

• Admin
All i will say about this is that it gives managers a chance to show how nice they are! Benitez on the handball accepts it and gets on with it, Mourinho accepts that Liverpool should have had a penalty and gets on with it. Wenger and Fergeson are in my opinion the two biggest prats in the football managerial game. If i hear Wengers "I did not see it" or Fergusons "i am manager of Manchester United therfore always right" i think I'm gona explode!!

You can always selectively choose to ignore Ferguson's admission upon entering the tunnel that he thought the officials HAD got it wrong before viewing the replay but including that wouldn't support the argument so well would it? :(

To add to your list though, Martin Jol has come out in defence of Roy Carroll today saying he doesn't blame him one bit and saying he'd have been "stupid" to admit it had crossed the line. What a nice man, what a very nice man, what a very very......ad infinitum :dunno:

Archived