IGNORED

Could You Settle In Preston?

Xiled

I live 8 miles from the centre of Preston, although I'm out in the wilds the City isn't too bad. The countryside around is some of the best in the country. You forget that the bright lights of Manchester are only 30 miles away and motorway all the way. Matty doesn't seem the sort to be too interested in the nightlife on offer (and Blackpool is 15 miles away) doesn't he live out Chepstow way in a small village?

I spent 3 years living in Lancaster, which is less than half an hour from Preston, and I had a great time up there (admittedly I was a student, so my lifestyle was a little more Lee Peacock than Matt Hill). If I could have found a job there I'd have stayed.

Lancashire is a wonderful part of the world, and the people are some of the friendliest around. I can't see Matty having much trouble at all fitting in.

I think he will turn down Preston as Clayton Fortune has (twice!).

That's a fair point - I forgot about Clayton deciding to stay.

Perhaps Preston have a similar problem as we do - it might be difficult for them to tempt established players to move there. The London and Midlands clubs don't have the same problem.

That's a fair point - I forgot about Clayton deciding to stay.

Perhaps Preston have a similar problem as we do - it might be difficult for them to tempt established players to move there.  The London and Midlands clubs don't have the same problem.

I think Clayton said he didnt want to move to Preston for proffesional reasons.

But maybe it was an irrational fear of Tokyo Joes.

Guest Harry May

Matty lives in Caldicot ( as already said ) and very nice it is to ! No traffic congestion , fairly scenic ( nice Castle )and no hassle . It can get like the wild west on a weekend , and there are a few Cardiff lads around . But generally speaking it's a nice area.He lives just down the road from me.

The kids do have to learn Welsh in school - it's compulsary .

Caldicot Red.

The official site says 'It means moving north and he has a family to consider'!! It makes it sound like he's moving to Iceland, the North Pole...or even Scotland! Jesus, Preston is only a 2.5 h drive away. Most places there have running water and some even have heating and inside toilets!

Matty lives in Caldicot ( as already said ) and very nice it is to ! No traffic congestion , fairly scenic ( nice Castle )and no hassle . It can get like the wild west on a weekend , and there are a few Cardiff lads around  . But generally speaking it's a nice area.He lives just down the road from me.

The kids do have to learn Welsh in school - it's compulsary .

Caldicot Red.

Yeah but I live nearer to him than you do....for the time being!

Scooter Red

The official site says 'It means moving north and he has a family to consider'!!  It makes it sound like he's moving to Iceland, the North Pole...or even Scotland!  Jesus, Preston is only a 2.5 h drive away.  Most places there have running water and some even have heating and inside toilets!

If you can do Bristol to Preston in 2.5 hours then I'd would like to see your car (plane?)

Ask all those who got stuck on the M6 car park going to Stockport how long it can take. Scotland would be easier because at least you could book a £1 fare through Easyjet......

I spent 3 years living in Lancaster, which is less than half an hour from Preston, and I had a great time up there (admittedly I was a student, so my lifestyle was a little more Lee Peacock than Matt Hill). If I could have found a job there I'd have stayed.

Lancashire is a wonderful part of the world, and the people are some of the friendliest around. I can't see Matty having much trouble at all fitting in.

I'll second that for the same reasons - he'll want to avoid Morecambe though!

For more money and to be playing the likes of West Ham, Leeds & Derby instead of Torquay, Colchester & Wrexham....put in a couple of good season's there and who knows...next stop Prem League.......uhhhh yea that's a no brainer.

Since he's family oriented as opposed to living for the weekly Bristol pub crawl it won't be a problem.

Good luck to him. Can't blame him for wanting to leave considering the shambles we are in even if I think BT can turn things around.

I live 8 miles from the centre of Preston, although I'm out in the wilds the City isn't too bad. The countryside around is some of the best in the country. You forget that the bright lights of Manchester are only 30 miles away and motorway all the way. Matty doesn't seem the sort to be too interested in the nightlife on offer (and Blackpool is 15 miles away) doesn't he live out Chepstow way in a small village?

Lets face it, its a tiny island, and everywhere is pretty close to anywhere.

Whoever he signs for i hope it goes "tits up".

Agree...?, sort of, do I care if he leaves... Not at all. I don't rate him at all, he had a good spell a few seasons back where he was quality and not looking at the floor and just hoofing the ball in random parts of the field.

couldn't say I would want it to go tits up as hes still a Bristol Lad but I think he's making a mistake going as he will be Sub Benched by Mid Jan.

QPR is th better move as like others have said he has his family to concider also, London is 1½ hours away so his good ladie and kids can still come back to there friends and family.

But I maybe wrong, Preston might rate him (OVERRATE) and think there getting him for nothing with the £100.000, which I feel is about right for him give or take a few grand and offer him a silly wage.

Time will tell I guess, anyways all the best Hill no ofence m8y but you won't be missed :dunno:

Archived