IGNORED

Wildcard Weekend

elhombrecito

I know it would have been more of a risk, but trying a throw the ball down the sides rather then run it into the opposition who have everything in front of you for the first couple of downs surely would have made some sense?

Maybe I should become a master of the TicTacs in American football!

Playing the percentages though I guess.

It could have been a catastrophe (for them) if they had been on the wrong end of a fumble or interception at that stage.

They just made sure that there was no time left for their opponents to strike back, regardless of the result of the kick.

Watched the highlights the other night Stu.

Now, that was the first time that I've sat down and watched the game (albeit only being the highlights). Sure, it was tough to lose out like your guys did but even I (a complete newbie) could see that your plays at the end were wrong - there was no amibition or positivity in them, which meant that you moved about a yard, leaving your kicker with a slim field goal opportunity.

I know it would have been more of a risk, but trying a throw the ball down the sides rather then run it into the opposition who have everything in front of you for the first couple of downs surely would have made some sense?

Maybe I should become a master of the TicTacs in American football!

There really was no other option in that situation other than to run the ball. As BWCH said, it's all about playing the percentages. When the Steelers got the ball with about 2:00 on the clock they decided to go for it and threw on First Down - the ball was intercepted and that could have cost them the game. It was only Deadly Doug's skewed kick that let them off the hook. As much as I dislike the play-calling of Paul Hackett (Offensive Coordinator) in general, that was the right call.

As for the weekends games, I'll be rooting for Pittsburgh and Atlanta although my head tells me that it could be neither of them at the SB.

Atlanta have always been something of a second team for me and Michael Vick is just a legend so I'd love to see them win and like most people I really don't like the Eagles. I think Phily will take a narrow win though.

If theres one team that I hate almost as much as the Dolpins (yes, a totally irrelevant fact....) it's New England and I just can't bring myself to support the Pats in any game they play. I'd also love to see Big Ben make the Super Bowl in his Rookie year. But like the first game, I don't think I'll get my way.

Yes, I have a lot of hatred in me. :P

Ok then, we are 5hrs away from the first championship game. Now what i want to know is, Who will win the superbowl?

Foe those not in the know, these are the teams

AFC

Pittsburgh Steelers

New England Patriots

NFC

Atlanta Falcons

Philadelphia Eagles

Come on then, your team and the reasons why.

As i said at the start of the play-offs (And you can check this if you wish on this thread), New England will win beating Atlanta in the Superbowl.

NE will win because they have been there and done it. Bill Belichek is a genius and will consfuse rookie Steelers QB 'Big Ben' with various coverage packages and blitzs. This will result in the Steelers being one dimensional (reliant on the running game) and as soon as that happens to any American football team it becomes very hard for them to win.

Atlanta will reach the Superbowl because they are a very solid team with arguably the most talented player in the NFL (Michael Vick) at quarterback. Their running game, not including Vick who can put up 60-70 yards rushing by himself in any game, came to life against the Rams in the last round as Warrick Dunn ran all over St Louis.

Philly always choke in the championship game, thus they will be under huge pressure as this will be playing on their mind. Their most potent weapon (Terrell Owens) is definately out of the game, and even though they played well against the Vikings last week they were well rested where the Vikes were not, they go into this one in the same physical state as the Falcons.

Finally Pittsburgh are the greatest threat to the Patriots - todays game IMO is basically the final - whoever wins today will win the lot. As i think the patriots will run out {relatively} comfortable winners today - its the Patriots superbowl for me.

Great win for the Patriots last night, haven't seen any highlights yet though. A 3rd trip to the Superbowl in 4 years is a very impressive achievement.

Well done to the Eagles for finally over coming their chokers tag and making the big game after years and years of trying. Shame they'll lose the Bowl to the New England though.

Put your money on Tom Brady picking up the another MVP award in Jacksonville on Feb the 6th. Go Patriots !

Great win for the Patriots last night, haven't seen any highlights yet though. A 3rd trip to the Superbowl in 4 years is a very impressive achievement.

Well done to the Eagles for finally over coming their chokers tag and making the big game after years and years of trying. Shame they'll lose the Bowl to the New England though.

Put your money on Tom Brady picking up the another MVP award in Jacksonville on Feb the 6th. Go Patriots !

The only time I want to be wrong, I get my predictions spot on.

In the Super Bowl I'll be supporting the Pats for the first time ever though!

C'mon the AFC! :angry:

eaglessuck.gif

Archived