IGNORED

Transfers

frenchred

I have said this before, When will Tinnion learn, while I do not agree with his target(Ireland) his way of publicising transfer targets must stop. It is both unprofessional and irratating.

Others(Well not many) do not do this, while speculation is one thing to actually publicise your targets on the official clubs website is damn well stupid. Yes us fans like to know who we are chasing but surely this cannot be correct.

I thought after the McClean/Howard fiasco he would have learned his lesson, unfortunately the numbskull is not bright enough to learn from his own silly mistakes

Guest RACRED

Do you honestly believe that Clubs think Oh Bristol City have made a bid or are interested In him.... Lets get in there?!

Weds had been tracking Maclean for ages and its not as if Howard was an unknown quantity!

But yes Tinnion Is clueless!

Do you honestly believe that Clubs think Oh Bristol City have made a bid or are interested In him.... Lets get in there?!

Weds had been tracking Maclean for ages and its not as if Howard was an unknown quantity!

But yes Tinnion Is clueless!

No I'm not saying that, I was just trying to say we should not publicise who our transfer targets are, its unproffessional!

Glad you agree with the last bit!!

No I'm not saying that, I was just trying to say we should not publicise who our transfer targets are, its unproffessional!

Glad you agree with the last bit!!

The chances are that the deal has already been agreed. Anyway I'm pretty sure it'll be on the 'borough site before long if it's likely to happen.

The key question is who makes the decisions to release this information? I don't believe that it's Tinman's necessarily, more the job of the club's media Dept. However, I have to agree: it seems a little unwise.

But then, I have the same problem with information management at work. I get criticised if my staff don't know things and then they criticise when they get too much information. Is there ever a correct level?

In this matter however, I wonder if we're all just fed up with the contents of the message, rather than either the method in which the message was delivered or its timeliness.

Scooter Red

The key question is who makes the decisions to release this information?  I don't believe that it's Tinman's necessarily, more the job of the club's media Dept.  However, I have to agree: it seems a little unwise.

But then, I have the same problem with information management at work.  I get criticised if my staff don't know things and then they criticise when they get too much information.  Is there ever a correct level? 

In this matter however, I wonder if we're all just fed up with the contents of the message, rather than either the method in which the message was delivered or its timeliness.

Scooter Red

I hear what you are saying as I too have the same problem, however while I was disappointed with the content of the message, I really do not belive it should be up there in lights until either the deal is done or the player is hinvolved in talks

It's a tactic used by agents to try and get better deals and by clubs to unsettle players. Maybe we inquired about the player and got told no he wasn't available. So what to do...take it to the press...express your interest in the player that you are watching him...want to sign him....said player then reads about it in the newspaper and in turn tells his present club he wants to leave. Look at the Brooker transfer...Vale turned us down and tried to keep him until the media attention was so much that they had no choice but to let him go.

In addition you have agents who leak the information about potential transfers hoping to attract other interest and start a bidding war.

It is frustrating but the days of secret wheeling & dealing and surprise signings are long gone.

Archived