IGNORED

Yeading Fans

KingswoodRed

Well, well, well.

Average crowds of 150 per home game & they go and get over 9,000 for a game versus Newcastle United!!

Anyone actually willing to come here now and pretend it's only a Bristol City disease when it comes to fickle fans??

Before anyone tries, percentage wise that means City should average approx. 750 per home game given the amount taken to the Millennium versus Carlise in the so called 'Mickey Mouse Cup'.

Is this now the ending to the fickle fan arguement aimed at certain City fans now?

Somehow I think not.

I don't think it is a case of being fickle - more the case of many people turning up to support a very small team in a fantastic competition against a top Premier League club.

I think maybe the same could be said if a team such as Forest Green/Mangotsfield/Clevedon etc etc were to draw Man Utd/Arsenal/Chelsea etc etc at home then I'm sure many City supporters would want to get tickets and would attend to support the underdog whilst seeing a top European team with some of the worlds best players.

The differnce being it is probably the biggest game in Yeading's history. We would also have taken a lot more fans to the Mill Stad if there were enough tickets. Also I know of two QPR fans who went along just for the expereience/too give the little team some support/hope to see a giant killing. For this reason I expect a lot of the crowd while they would admit they were supporting Yeading that day, would proably admit they aren't actually Yeading fans.

And out of the 9,000ish Exeter 'fans' who went to to Old Trafford yesterday, how many do you think had ever been to an Exeter match before? Couldn't be more than half of them.

Face it, smaller club gets a big cup draw, or gets to a major final, there are going to be a hell of a lot more people wanting to watch them than usual!

I wonder how times Noel Edmonds (who was spotted in the crowd at OT) visits

"The Real St James' Park" to watch Exeter? :city:

Yes, I thought the exact same thing when I saw him sat in Old Trafford on Match of the Day.

I read the guy is getting divorced.... That gives him enough time to go and put money in the club.

In fact with Edmonds luck, Exeter would probably go bankrupt!

Yes, I thought the exact same thing when I saw him sat in Old Trafford on Match of the Day.

I read the guy is getting divorced.... That gives him enough time to go and put money in the club.

In fact with Edmonds luck, Exeter would probably go bankrupt!

I thought Edmonds was a successful businessman now, infact doesn't he own the rights to teh British Comedy Awards now.

I don't think it is a case of being fickle - more the case of many people turning up to support a very small team in a fantastic competition against a top Premier League club.

I think maybe the same could be said if a team such as Forest Green/Mangotsfield/Clevedon etc etc were to draw Man Utd/Arsenal/Chelsea etc etc at home then I'm sure many City supporters would want to get tickets and would attend to support the underdog whilst seeing a top European team with some of the worlds best players.

MAGGOTSFIELD IS one club I would not watch even if they drew the top club in the world

I have always found animosity towards fans who come every so often impossible to understand. More fans= Better atmosphere and more money...so who cares if Noel Edmonds hasn't been to St James Park for 7 seasons in a row, why do people get upset that he attends a match at Old Trafford :city::laugh:

I say bring on the glory fans, they help us in many ways!

Archived