IGNORED

New Stand

Xiled

I eageerly await the decision on whether to go ahead with building the new stand.

I only hope that this time, our Board makes the right decision and the ground is cleared in April.

At present we are all arguing about the squad, the academy, the manager, even the board.

If we finally say goodbye to the covered end in April every regular at Ashton Gate can temporarily shift their focus onto something tangible, something we can feel good about.

I want to sit in the Dolman Stand and watch the steel work being bolted into place. I want to be inspired by the scale of the new facilities and I want to be even more proud of Ashton Gate.

The past seasons have shown that footballing effort alone doesn't guarantee success. We have spent a lot of money and come very close but we are still in the same division.

The redevelopment of the covered end will remind us that we have a dynamic, well managed football club with a chairman busting a gut to bring us promotion.

Please don't bother replying to this post by saying that the money should be spent on players. Buying players is not an investment these days, you can't sell debenture seats or executive boxes when you buy a player. The money that buys a new stand cannot be redirected to transfer fees. Companies can be tempted to invest in better facilities, they will not invest in players.

Give us the announcement, bring on the JCBs!!

I eageerly await the decision on whether to go ahead with building the new stand.

I only hope that this time, our Board makes the right decision and the ground is cleared in April.

At present we are all arguing about the squad, the academy, the manager, even the board.

If we finally say goodbye to the covered end in April every regular at Ashton Gate can temporarily shift their focus onto something tangible, something we can feel good about.

I want to sit in the Dolman Stand and watch the steel work being bolted into place.  I want to be inspired by the scale of the new facilities and I want to be even more proud of Ashton Gate.

The past seasons have shown that footballing effort alone doesn't guarantee success.  We have spent a lot of money and come very close but we are still in the same division.

The redevelopment of the covered end will remind us that we have a dynamic, well managed football club with a chairman busting a gut to bring us promotion.

Please don't bother replying to this post by saying that the money should be spent on players.  Buying players is not an investment these days, you can't sell debenture seats or executive boxes when you buy a player.  The money that buys a new stand cannot be redirected to transfer fees.  Companies can be tempted to invest in better facilities, they will not invest in players.

Give us the announcement, bring on the JCBs!!

Good post but the money wouldn't be spent on players anyway because of the investment from outside will be used for that purpose only, building a new stand.

I to agree that the building of the new stand is important, but why eagerly await. He decision has already been made. The board are just waiting for the final investment then final plans will be drawn up and made public.

After the AGM SteveL published the timetable of events and building will start in August barring any last minute problems. From what I remember tendering will start soon for the work.

All looks good off the pitch which will hopefully help on the pitch, not just money but atmosphere !

MM

I to agree that the building of the new stand is important, but why eagerly await.  The decision has already been made.  The board are just waiting for the final investment then final plans will be drawn up and made public.

The final decision regarding whether or not to go ahead with this project is going to be made at the end of January. No decision has yet been made.

I to agree that the building of the new stand is important, but why eagerly await.  He decision has already been made.  The board are just waiting for the final investment then final plans will be drawn up and made public.

This scheme sounds different - especially given the AGM announcement.

However we've seen too many schemes proposed and then forgotten.

New stadia throughout the City and a plan to knock the Williams Stand down and replace with a replica of the two-tier giant from Filbert Street are the proposals that spring to mind.

Until the funding is in place, the contracts have been signed and the buidling work begins I won't take it for granted.

What happens if the scheme goes to tender but nobody will build it for the money available? No stand I guess.

Archived