IGNORED

Bradley Orr

Maesknoll Red

• Admin

Young Mr orr is improving every game, tonight he was a box to box midfielder, getting in front and under Tranmere attackers in our box on several occasions, and the other end he could have had two goals.

He looks like a very astute signing and whilst it has taken him a while to get used to the hurly burly of division 3, I'm convinced he will be making a strong case for a permanent place in the side.

Fortune was also worth a mention, he is no midfielder, but he looks very comfortable as part of a back three.

Young Mr orr is improving every game, tonight he was a box to box midfielder, getting in front and under Tranmere attackers in our box on several occasions, and the other end he could have had two goals.

Yep, needs to improve in the air though.

Well, well, well,

I must say how amazing it is that opinions can vary so much about one player.

I watched the game on sky last night like most people. However I watched the game in a busy pub full of Cardiff fans and neutrals.

Suprisingly enough there was not that much anti-Bristol banter, what there was however was a mutual opinion that Bradley Orr was awful, he won nothing in the air gave away what should have been a penalty and couldn't find a red shirt with a single pass.

The other thing I noticed was the admiration for BT and the praise that Lita and Fortune duely recieved, both players IMO warrant a first team place week in week out.

Well, well, well,

I watched the game on sky last night like most people. However I watched the game in a busy pub full of Cardiff fans and neutrals.

Suprisingly enough there was not that much anti-Bristol banter, what there was however was a mutual opinion that Bradley Orr was awful, he won nothing in the air gave away what should have been a penalty and couldn't find a red shirt with  a single pass.

The other thing I noticed was the admiration for BT and the praise that Lita and Fortune duely recieved, both players IMO warrant a first team place week in week out.

Always intresting to hear a neutral opinion. I thought Tinman really led by example last night, i can even remember him getting back to cover the defence on more than one occasion. :city:

Well, well, well,

Suprisingly enough there was not that much anti-Bristol banter, what there was however was a mutual opinion that Bradley Orr was awful, he won nothing in the air gave away what should have been a penalty and couldn't find a red shirt with  a single pass.

I actually thought the same, thought he was terrible, guess I now get get slaughtered for my opinion!!

I thought Orr covered alot of ground and won the ball well, but didn't use it very well and was at least twice caught flat footed and looking guilty for not jumping at all with his marker.

He has a great engine but passing and heading definitely need work... it may be that he needs a bit more time to get used to the movement of players he's playing with, I remember thinking the same of Wilkshire.

One thing about him though, he's 110% committed and you can't doubt the effort he puts in which is refreshing to see.

Nibor

He had a fair game but with reference to his ability in the air he really needs to work on his marking at set pieces. There were at least three occasions where Tranmere players got in headers on goal due to Orr's lack of a decent challenge. On the credit side he was unlucky on a couple of occasions when he supported the attack and broke into the box.

He is improving and thought he was better at Huddersfield. BUT I he hasnt much ability and at this stage can only really describe him as a better version of Joe Burnell. That is, extremely energetic and when we have to dig in he is a useful player. However in home games when teams sit back I wouldnt use him. Play the players who can pass and create.

I find Bradley very frustrating. When I first saw him I thought he looked an ideal candidate, he has an excellent physique tall(ish) for a central midfielder, beefy reasonable pace etc. I also thought he looked like he could play a bit.

But I have to say thats all he does for me still, i.e. looks like he should be a good player. Maybe he is starting to fulfil the promise but I have seen few signs of it so far.

I find Bradley very frustrating. When I first saw him I thought he looked an ideal candidate, he has an excellent physique tall(ish) for a central midfielder, beefy reasonable pace etc. I also thought he looked like he could play a bit.

But I have to say thats all he does for me still, i.e. looks like he should be a good player. Maybe he is starting to fulfil the promise but I have seen few signs of it so far.

I thought he was good last night. You have to remember that he is still young. I think he will improve greatly, because he is always giving 100% and his attitude is spot on.

He describes himself as a defensive midfielder anyway so his passing doesn't need to the greatest. If he can emulate people like Roy Keane who's passes rarely go over 10-15ft then he should be able to manage! I think he's a good stand in for Tommy Docs...

Orr is a decent player who provides us with the height and strength in midfield that no one else does....Some may not like this but with the best will in the world we need to be a bit ugly and scrap out a few wins to get out of this league....The player under real pressure now is Tommy lets see if he reacts in the right way to get his place back

Orr is a decent player who provides us with the height and strength in midfield that no one else does....Some may not like this but with the best will in the world we need to be a bit ugly and scrap out a few wins to get out of this league....The player under real pressure now is Tommy lets see if he reacts in the right way to get his place back

He is worth a place in the team just to help balance the weaknesses of others.

Lets face it, none of our central midfielders are exactly mobile. The only one other than Orr that you could argue actually is would be Wilkshire but then I think he is a bit on the lightweight side.

Best way to play for me would be the 3-5-2 of last night. Wilkshire must play in the middle rather than out wide and would support the strikers rather than the 40 yard gap we seem to get when Tommy and Dinning play together.

You would then pick one out of Tommy, Dinning or Tinman and then play Orr alongside to do their running. He can sit back, tackle and close down when we are on the defensive and press forward when we are on the attack (like he did a couple of times last night). He has the 'engine' to do both - a bit like Matt Hewlett - but with slightly less ability and more strength and stamina.

Some weaknesses there for sure but then at least he has the raw ingredients. This is where our coaches should be earning their money. No amount of coaching in the world could turn Tommy into Patrick Vieira!

I though he had a very impressive game with

MacAteer trying to wind him up. Looks like

fulfilling his potential he showed during pre

season friendlies especially our thrashing of Yeovil

Sorry vouldn't resist referring to that just in

case any Glovers are reading this great site !

fact his, he can do what doc and dinning cant, he gets from box to box, hence the headers, when defending and had two good chances at there end, he tackles well enough and didnt like mcateer, he should keep his place.

Right on! we have Doc mouthing, Dinning posing, and Orr doing. Thats the difference, and by selections the last few games Tins knows it.

He looks like a very astute signing and whilst it has taken him a while to get used to the hurly burly of division 3, I'm convinced he will be making a strong case for a permanent place in the side.

Fortune was also worth a mention, he is no midfielder, but he looks very comfortable as part of a back three.

Good points

100% Effort

Box to Box-on occasions, more notably from a three man central midfield.

Can Shoot.

Decent in The Air.

Decent Pace.

Reasonably Two Footed.

Bad Points

Passings Awful.

Not very creative.

Hasn't scored & doesn't shoot enough.

Gives the ball away to much.

Doesn't get past the ball enough-particularly when in two man central midfield.

The odd wreckless challenge (studs up) which gets him booked and often looks worse than it is.

I agree that he deserves his place on Saturady particularly as the TD twins don't want to know, at present.

Archived