IGNORED

3-5-2

Dolman_Stand

I've been saying for absolutely ages this was and is our best formation, even back in the Wilson days as it gives us the midfield stability provided by Doherty Dinning and/or Orr as well as a creative spark from Wilkshire/Tinnion I say stick with it and use Murray and Goodfellow at home and Smith and Bell away.

And after Clayton's performance last night Matt who????

Smith---Dinning---Wilkshire---Doherty---Bell/Goodfellow

Murray isn't up-to the task of attacking and defending and Smith proved he could do both well vs. Tranny. Dinning and Doherty give us the defensive stability a back three needs, as well as being playmakers. Wilkshire is given a free attacking role to move around and support the front two. The left is harder as Goodfellow is a class act and needs to be tried yet Bell is purely quality. He may not have speed but he has got much better over-all footballing ability.

Smith---Dinning---Wilkshire---Doherty---Bell/Goodfellow

Murray isn't up-to the task of attacking and defending and Smith proved he could do both well vs. Tranny. Dinning and Doherty give us the defensive stability a back three needs, as well as being playmakers. Wilkshire is given a free attacking role to move around and support the front two. The left is harder as Goodfellow is a class act and needs to be tried yet Bell is purely quality. He may not have speed but he has got much better over-all footballing ability.

agree 100%

but you cant expect tinnion to drop BELL!

I'd do this -

Murray Orr Wilkshire Dinning/Tinnion Goodfellow

we'd leak goals for fun with this midfield.

opposition would easily get behind murray and goodfellow.

Goodfellow's not really a wing-back! u need to give him less defensive responsibility. same for murray, but then, best not play him at all!

Agree with that. But from looking at it, it would seem a very good midfield

Archived