IGNORED

Reserve Keeper

GrahamC

As many have commented, the one area where we appear to clearly lack an immediate experienced replacement player is in goal.

Steve Phillips has now been on a run of around 120 consecutive league games but all runs come to an end eventually.

To that end I hope Tinnion is now thinking of getting our current reserve keeper Clint Davies some first team football out on loan somewhere.

Clint has only ever started one league game and a spell even in the Conference would mean that should he then be required (and keepers can be recalled at 24 hours notice even in the first month of a loan) then he would come into the side having just played some competitive football rather than games against the likes of Oxford or Rovers reserves which is a poor standard.

As many have commented, the one area where we appear to clearly lack an immediate experienced replacement player is in goal.

Steve Phillips has now been on a run of around 120 consecutive league games but all runs come to an end eventually.

To that end I hope Tinnion is now thinking of getting our current reserve keeper Clint Davies some first team football out on loan somewhere.

Never seen him play. In fact, I've never seen anything about him. I thought he'd been given a contract but he isn't listed on the official site

He played for the second half of the game against west bromwich albion and seemed to be pretty good. I would put him on the bench against a lower team in this divison to see what hes like. That way if things didn't work then Phillips could replace him.

So good he hasn't even been given a squad number and we know nothing about him?! It's a very odd situation.

Never seen him play. In fact, I've never seen anything about him. I thought he'd been given a contract but he isn't listed on the official site

He was given a one year deal in the summer and Tinnion confirmed this the other day in an interview.

He's 21, I believe, an Australian who played twice for Bradford last season (one game as a sub) and before that was with Brum.

I've seen a couple of his reserve games and he looks ok, reminds me very much of a younger version of Phillips and he made one very good save against Rovers reserves.

Officially he doesn't have a squad number (I've no idea why) but he was wearing shorts with no. 30 on when warming up so presumably he has that number.

Archived