IGNORED

Men On Posts

foghornred

:D I noticed that during the tranmere game that we put a man on each post for corners ,and even free kicks,which gained us the win when Bell headed off the line from a corner.

My main gripe so far this season is our defending at set pieces, and if you can replay all of the goals scored against us,you will see that a good percentage could have been cleared by a man on the post.

The one thing that I have against this, is if have a man on each post means that we don't have anyone forward at corners.

The men on the posts really did work a treat against tranmere. But i still feel we are going to concede whenever the opposition gain a corner :D

Another improvement is where we can actually clear a corner, which not being able to, has caused us problems many a time. :laugh:

that is 3 goal line clerances in a week away from home.

What I found confusing is this: for sometime we never had a man near the half way line to pick up the cleared ball, even challenge for it. Then Lita or Heff were the ones to do that job.

On Monday I was staggered to see Brooker do this. When he joined it was a big bonus as he was excallent as defending set pieces and tracking back with the big centre halves. tranmere had 3 tall centre halves and Brooker was stood on half way with 3 of their shorter players and Lita was defending. Bizarre.

My main gripe so far this season is our defending at set pieces, and if you can replay all of the goals scored against us,you will see that a good percentage could have been cleared by a man on the post.

The one thing that I have against this, is if have a man on each post means that we don't have anyone forward at corners.

Archived