IGNORED

Ticket Prices

TheOne

If City could lower there prices to £10, I'm sure for the rest of the season if they put the tickets down to £10 we'd get alot more down the gate which makes up the deficit of the price cut which in turn generate alot more atmosphere at the gate, ok maybe £10 is a little to much but how about at cutting off at least 3-4 pound's and a little publicity in the press.

There so many people who would love to go to the game but simply just can't afford it, we've sold 9000+ season tickets this seaon which is fantastic and is a cheaper alturnitive in the long run but for those who can't afford the bulk price for a season ticket should be given a little in return for there support.

Although the board have mad great efforts in the past for things like Pound a kid etc it's the adults that make up the numbers as well as the Kids.

Just an idea ;)

The only thing wrong with this idea is the number of annoyed season ticket holders you would have.

I bought the season ticket because it works out cheaper per game in the long run. (c 11.50) as I remember. Because I work away from home a bit I also had to guess how many games I might miss and whether it was still worth it.

If the club dropped the price to a tenner a game for the rest of the season, that is going to leave me out of pocket and a little miffed.

same thing happened a couple of years ago,it was cheaper to buy a ticket at full price for the first half of the season,then buy a half season ticket,rather than buying a season ticket.most season ticket holders were not ammused!!!!!!!!!

I for one would be totally against it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest ashtonyate

I think football is well over priced £10 would be near the mark because what ever they call the league we are in its still the old third division.The player get to much money for their service It about time club got together and

have a wage cap in each league £53k for agents the world gone mad

I would say £10 is probably a little cheap but certainly it should be closer to 10 than 20 as it currently is.

I reckon I have about 3 seasons left before I wont be able to afford to go regularly because of the prices, once it gets above £20 a game I'm out of here.

It is difficult to make an intelligent reply to this post for fear of the response ... but ultimately, BCFC can steam-roller whatever they wish because of the large number of season ticket holders. If by August 1st, 8-10,000 fans have purchased season tickets, the club have but one constituency to which to be responsive. If the club had a minimal number of STH, then it would have to respond immediately to supporters complaints in order to attract customers. The East End would immediately be opened to fans if it were not for the volume of income already generated by STH, for example. Numerous other examples could be quoted. It gets tedious to quote this but Swampy and family once held 3 season tickets - now we hold none. Why should supporters blindly pump money into a club when their wishes are blindly ignored? I would just love to turn up at Ashton Gate on a Saturday, hand over a tenner at the turnstile, stand on a terrace with a pint in my hand - alongside opposition supporters if I so wished - enjoy decent food at fair prices from a non-franchised catering concern etc. I can enjoy these benefits when I watch rugby union or non-league football - at Bristol Shoguns, Bath City, Chippenham Town etc - so what is the problem with professional football? Enough - end of rant - do any other supporters share my sentiments? And I was supporting City way back before Alan Dicks - back in the Fred Ford era. Remember - players, directors and chairmen come and go - for supporters it is in their blood!

Nice post, I agree with everything you said ther apart from the Crowd sharing., and the food is costly I think they would give British Rail a good run for there money. But if it was a choice of the food inside Ashton Gate and that Burger Van outside the Ticket office I'd dig deap and buy from The Gate everytime, what on earth do they do to them Burgers ;) they must be dated from 3 seasons ago ;)

Archived