IGNORED

Remember Trevor Morgan?

Martyn Hocking

Post regarding Nicky Morgan reminded me of a rather more talented Morgan who graced the Ashton Gate turf - Trevor. He featured prominently in one of the best 45 minutes of football I have ever seen at AG - against West Ham in 1984 in the League Cup. An outstanding first half saw four goals shared between the two sides, with Morgan getting both of ours if I remember correctly. It was an evening game, and finished 2-2.

Anyone else remember this game?

Well_Red

PS: in the same season I recall us getting beaten horribly by the Gas in the FA Cup. It was my wife's introduction to watching City - not a great day out! We scored after about 3 minutes - cue scenes of hysteria in the Dolman!!! - but the game went from bad to worse from that point on...

Post regarding Nicky Morgan reminded me of a rather more talented Morgan who graced the Ashton Gate turf - Trevor. He featured prominently in one of the best 45 minutes of football I have ever seen at AG - against West Ham in 1984 in the League Cup. An outstanding first half saw four goals shared between the two sides, with Morgan getting both of ours if I remember correctly. It was an evening game, and finished 2-2.

Anyone else remember this game?

Well_Red

PS: in the same season I recall us getting beaten horribly by the Gas in the FA Cup. It was my wife's introduction to watching City - not a great day out! We scored after about 3 minutes - cue scenes of hysteria in the Dolman!!! - but the game went from bad to worse from that point on...

Is this the trevor morgan who made jan molby look thin and jason leaonard fast?

big hulk of a bloke, reasonable in the air, slow, and struggled to kick a ball?

a little harsh maybe...a battler but rarely prolific...did he go to play for exeter at some point with stevie neville?

Yeah was a great match although we lost the 2nd leg 6-1?. I also remember a number of West Ham's finest sitting in the grandstand and it kicking off at various intervals.

Trevor Morgan.No pace but scored a few vital goals. Wonder what he's doing now?

I remember the game too Well Red. Early league cup games are rarely entertaining but I stood behind the goal in the East and was treated to a terrificly entertaining game. It was September 1984 and I remember Alan Walsh scoring with a thunderous free kick. The next month I recall another entertaining game when we beat Bolton 3-2 one Tuesday evening. Our problem that year seemed to be in away games. I went to Bournemouth just before Christmas and we scored even before I was in my seat but still lost 2-1. All the City supporters were singing Nellie the Elephant which was charting that week. There were no play offs then but I feel City should have been promoted that year. I remember the team and the entertainnment with fondness. We lost 0-1 at home to Millwall in March. Had the score been the other way round we would have been promoted I think, or at least it would have gone to the final day. I remember Trevor Morgan scoring last day goals at Chester as we were promoted and against Swindon as we attempted to make the playoffs. But I rated Nicky Morgan very highly and I think he did a great job for us. Thanks for raking up the memories.

Archived