IGNORED

"deserved", Yes ... "convincing", No

headhunter

If you were at the game today with 15 mins remaining you were probably thinking a walk around the sales with the missus and gaining some "brownie" points was preferable to what until then had been a total waste of a Boxing Day morning / afternoon.

Quite honestly I thought City struggled against a VERY poor Brentford and some of the performances from some individuals was inept.

Coles distribution in the first 45 was atrocious, Carey strolled, Phillips kicking and command of area was weak, Brown and Miller were anonymous, Wilkshire had his worse game since moving in from the flank and although Butler made one or two interceptions here we were yet again conceding from a high ball set piece.

Yes we could have had three in the first half but the keeper denied us and with 15 mins I thought yep, City never fail to disappoint. Then Lita warmed up and I imagined a headline "City snatch 2 late goals to clinch 3 points" and I also said it is about time Lita showed his promise was more than a late winner at Port Vale last season and **it for the first time since I don't know when it all went right for us !!!

Lita did the business - vital touches, there where and when it mattered.

In the car coming home someone said wouldn't it be great if we had 11 like Lita and he meant from a commitment and enthusiasm perspective. Hill, Roberts and Tinnion have it but for so many of the others you just wish they were self motivated enough to go the "extra mile" on a consistent basis.

We ought to beat Bournemouth - let's hope the boys turn it on for a crowd I reckon might exceed 14000

Cant say I saw the same game as you. First 15 minutes were even, but from then until half time I thought City totally dominated. Their goalkeeper brought off 2 or 3 excellent saves whilst Peacock had header cleared off line.

First 15 minutes of second half, I must agree, were poor as we didn't seem to respond to Brentfords increased effort/commitment. I would suggest the turning point was when City went 1-0 down. From that moment we upped the tempo and deservedly secured the rewards.

All in all, a solid performance away from home, perhaps you should've gone to the Broadmead sales!! ^_^

Guest two acres red

i thought carey had a very poor game his heart just wasnt in it today,butler had an outstanding game. The 1st half we were excellent secound half we started with a wobble. But anyway who cares there is a god we won at brentford

It isn't that I'm not pleased with the result, because I'm damn happy.

But you have to be honest we can, and believe will play better than that. The defence seemed to be suffering on a number of occassions, which all in all is worrying. It's getting to the stage where I worry every time there is a corner or cross whipped in, and that wasn't how it was last season (even though we were conceding more!)

A good win against our bogey team, 1st win away on boxing day for 15 years, and I hope a springboard for 2004 being a successful one for Bristol City Football Club.

I made a decision years ago after bitter play-off defeat against Walsall that although I like to see City play withj a certain style and flair, I would tolerate whatever it took to get out of this division, and I don't see how anyone can complain at today.

Brentford may have been poor, but this is a poor Division Two, which is the reason we've all been moaning that we should be walking it this year. The team beat a bogey side away from home, s####ped out a result and showed character to come back after falling behind.

There may be warning signs, and it's fair to point them out (I did the same about our number of misses after our 1-0 win the other day). But for me, the bottom line is this. I gave Danny Christmas and New Year to prove he was the man for the job. You can't argue with what he's got the team doing so far this yuletide. If we get three points at Bournemouth he'll have convinced me he can turn this team around and get us back where a squad of this quality should be in a division this poor - in the top two.

Other teams are going to have problems in 2004. QPR are going to struggle to keep the team together and I can't see some of the other teams keeping up with a decent pace - Colchester and even Plymouth among them. It is in our hands and if Danny can keep them s####ping out results then we can do it.

Archived