IGNORED

Time To Do The Right Thing?

Browner

Do you think it is probably time now for Tins to concentrate on managing the team rather than being in it?

I think over the past couple of games Tins has been one of the worst players on the pitch. Should he now leave the midfield duties to Orr, Wilkshire, Dinning, Doherty etc?

Do you think it is probably time now for Tins to concentrate on managing the team rather than being in it?

I think over the past couple of games Tins has been one of the worst players on the pitch. Should he now leave the midfield duties to Orr, Wilkshire, Dinning, Doherty etc?

Maybe he include himself as substitute but should only come on when absolutely necessary. As many people have said (including ex/current managers) Player Manager is an almost impossible job to do well, no doubt someone will come up with exceptions but they only prove the rule.

Over the last two games Tins has probably been the best midfielder on the pitch for either side in the 60 minutes or so he's played.

A few weeks ago I would have agreed but he seems to be getting his own performance right.

We do need a replacement, but I can't see it being anyone that's at the gate already, unless Tommy suddenly gets fit or Dinning bucks his ideas up.

Guest steve c

Tins is still probably our best creative midfielder. The problem is when he plays, everyone uses him as the easy option - as soon they get the ball they look for Tins and leave it to him to put in that killer pass. The other players need to take responsibility and try and be more creative themselves especially Wilkshire, Orr and the TD twins when they come on.

Tins is still probably our best creative midfielder. The problem is when he plays, everyone uses him as the easy option - as soon they get the ball they look for Tins and leave it to him to put in that killer pass.

I reckon it is part of Tinnion's tactics for everyone to pass it to him, because he believes he is the only player capable of breaking down the opposition with a killer through ball. If that is the case, maybe he should take a look at the players he has around him and have a bit more faith in them (for example, Wilkshire is probably the best creative midfielder in this division, or he would be if he was given the chance to be).

Over the last two games Tins has probably been the best midfielder on the pitch for either side in the 60 minutes or so he's played.

A few weeks ago I would have agreed but he seems to be getting his own performance right.

We do need a replacement, but I can't see it being anyone that's at the gate already, unless Tommy suddenly gets fit or Dinning bucks his ideas up.

What has Dinning done wrong to need to buck his ideas up ???

Agree about Tinnion's performance coming good but can you say the same about the tactics or team selection? At the end of the day I would rather Tinnion came up with a plan that prevents many teams leaving AG with the point they came for rather than playing well in a 0-0 draw.

Agree with you on that and Tins day job should occupy him fully.

It's just a matter of getting these other herberts on form, fit,back from suspension,interested-delete as applicable!

I'm also disappointed not to have seen more of Scot Brown.

I reckon it is part of Tinnion's tactics for everyone to pass it to him, because he believes he is the only player capable of breaking down the opposition with a killer through ball. If that is the case, maybe he should take a look at the players he has around him and have a bit more faith in them (for example, Wilkshire is probably the best creative midfielder in this division, or he would be if he was given the chance to be).

Their is an element of "give the ball to Sir" about it when Tins is playing and I agree generally about LW, although, he had the opportunity on Saturday and delivered nothing.

Their is an element of "give the ball to Sir" about it when Tins is playing and I agree generally about LW, although, he had the opportunity on Saturday and delivered nothing.

Of course. But a midfield can only be creative if people move for them and half the balls Murray got in the second half were from Wilkshire because there was some movement. Something LEROY may want to consider.I think lIta is a super sub player and I would personally play Heff with Brooker

Tins is still probably our best creative midfielder. The problem is when he plays, everyone uses him as the easy option - as soon they get the ball they look for Tins and leave it to him to put in that killer pass.

This is where the problem lies. When you have your boss demanding the ball and you know ready made replacements are sat on the bench, you give it to him.

We never looked like hurting Bradford until that option was taken away. Only with a more direct approach did we put Bradford under REAL pressure.

The 40 yard passes look great, but not one of them actually forced a good opening.

Our Manager trying to lengthen his playing career is runing our chances of winning games IMHO.

Ironic really; he will ultimately lose his job as a player and a manager because he can't see how much his presence on the pitch is making us so woefully predictable :D

Tins played well in this old 3rd division until 36. This mindset, the fans adoration have given Tins a mindset that 30-36 year old players are ok, not slow, and worth a contract.Lita aside it has restricted his thinking in giving our 17-20 year old more first team chances.Ideally Tins would play as a starter or sub for 20-50 minutes as requred. His career would finish in Cardiff as we win the final promotion spot, and tins comes on for the final 10 minutes as we lead 2-0 against......who cares, we win !

Tinnion was excellent in the first half vs Bradford, his trademark killer passes were showing through in places. Obviously he isn't getting any younger and I do believe if he does play he should take himself off after an hour or so.

He still has the ability to control the game in midfield with a fit Tommy getting in some crunching challenges.

I still believe even at 38 he has the best left foot in the football league.

Archived