IGNORED

Leroy!

red84

To me at the start of the season he looked hungry + up for it basically, recently bar tranmere away he just seems like hes not the same leroy, we know why tinman keeps him on is because he gets in the right place at the right time + i have no qualms about that!e.g. luton at home!Do you think its lack of service cus especially at home to bradford there was a distinct lack of service from the midfield?

To me at the start of the season he looked hungry + up for it basically, recently bar tranmere away he just seems like hes not the same leroy, we know why tinman keeps him on is because he gets in the right place at the right time + i have no qualms about that!e.g. luton at home!Do you think its lack of service cus especially at home to bradford there was a distinct lack of service from the midfield?

I think he's young and he's only really comfortable with one type of service so far which is the ball in behind or over the defence to run onto, his pace makes that easy for him.

Hopefully as he develops he'll get more all round skill and be more comfortable with it at his feet and with his back to goal.

He's never really looked short of effort to me.

Nibor

I have to disagree with him being hungry at the start of the season only based on his pre season games but then again if he was to be too good in pre season then every team might have sussed him out

That's probably it, as he did have a good goalscoring start in the league and did go off the boil for a bit. Hopefully with better service he might start regularly scoring again, he already + brooker have done a good job upfront this season.

Lita scored 16 goals in our first 23 games, but just 3 in the last 13 starting Nov 4th. He did play well against Tranmere, he was on TV with prospective buyers watching. The lad wants the bright lights not anothere year in the old 3rd division. We have several other players who seem to have written this season off. Play offs are tough, prolonging the season and shortening the break between seasons. After 2 years in the play offs the mental pressure may have taken its toll on some of our current non performers.

LL's still young,however, his goal quantity, per game ratio, this season and last and the quality of some of them, speaks for itself.

He's a natural athlete with pace,strength,power and can shoot with either foot.Add to that his heading & jumping abilty and at 5' 7" you have an all round talent to be nurtured.

He'll have off days, don't we all and he's not the finished article, which at 19/20 he wouldn't be.

You correct when you say it's the service to our strikers that's the problem and one of the reasons has been Tinnions preference for playing two sitting midfielders instead of say, Dinning sitting with Wilkshire & Brown attacking, supported by Bell & Murray as wing backs.

Tinnion said much the same after both Hartlepool & Bradford at AG.

Football isn't difficult.If you want to score more goals, play more attackers.If you want to defend, start off with Dinning,Doherty & Orr in your midfield and you won't leak many or, sadly, score many either.

Will someone sign him?

Actually, no,not yet anyway.

Why do I say that?

Look at Earnshaw as a close example.Loads of goals for Cardiff but nobody takes a risk until he's proved himself in Championship football.West Brom have a punt on the basis that they'll be playing Championship football next season and his goals will get them back up.

Same applies to Norwich with Dean Ashton.

Tottenham took a gamble with Zamora and that didn't work.

Leroy is best as Sub like David fairclough was for LIverpool.  Heff should be in with Brooker makes sense, bring Leroy on when defences are tired.

How can you put someone who has scored nearly 20 goals already this season on the bench?

How does Heff starting make sense?

When was the last time we had someone in the team that was there scoring goals like Leroy?

Over rated. Heffernan is by far a better all round player and finisher. Am fed up with the way everybody at this club bigs up Lita, yes he has done well at the start but he nicked Dinnings goal at Hfield and Tinnions against Stockport earlier in season. He has'nt played well recently where as Heff has. If that bloody stadium announcer bigs him up again I shall scream..Leeeerrroooy Liiittaaaa! (I tried to be abusive)! Big up all the players not just one. Heff and Brooker for me.....oh yes....and an experienced manager.

How can you put someone who has scored nearly 20 goals already this season on the bench?

How does Heff starting make sense?

When was the last time we had someone in the team that was there scoring goals like Leroy?

What makes you think Heff would not of scored 20 with a run in the side?

All I'm saying is use Leroy off the bench when defences are tired

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

I think a very good stastic needed for this debate would be goals to chances ratio (realiying on service from others ie Van Nistelroy type player) and Goals created by the scorer (ie Henry who can make his own). For example if he hasn't had many chances then he can't score what isn't there (equal does he miss a lot like Akinbyi used to take 4 chances to get a goal) and similarly if he can create his own goals that is a plus point. I would be intrested to see this stat for Leroy against Heff.

What makes you think Heff would not of scored 20 with a run in the side?

All I'm saying is use Leroy off the bench when defences are tired

Surely you should use Gilly or Cotts if Defences are getting tired?

How can a 20 year old player in his first season playing regular fisrt team football who has scored nearly 20 goals be overated. What he has done this season is excellent and deserves the praise he gets. It would be nice if we could rest him every now and then and give heff a chance but everytime we do he comes back and scores twice(walsall and huddsfield) he has to play IMO with Brooker.

The one area that he lacks ability is in turning his man when he has his back to goal. I don't know if that is something that can be taught, or if you have to have it naturally.

I feel a little sorry for Heff, he has more ability to turn defenders than Lita, far more control and a better first touch than "rubber man" Brooker ut not enough of the ov=bvious attributes of the others to dislodge them.

I think he should have come on on Saturday, for Brooker. leroy actually did some good work chasing back and trying to link with the midfield, but couldn't get beyond the defenders to make an impression where it mattered.

Over rated. Heffernan is by far a better all round player and finisher. Am fed up with the way everybody at this club bigs up Lita, yes he has done well at the start but he nicked Dinnings goal at Hfield and Tinnions against Stockport earlier in season. He has'nt played well recently where as Heff has. If that bloody stadium announcer bigs him up again I shall scream..Leeeerrroooy Liiittaaaa! (I tried to be abusive)! Big up all the players not just one. Heff and Brooker for me.....oh yes....and an experienced manager.

It's not right to 'big him up' ( very annoying announcer, how Roberts may have thrived on that sort of overt acceptance) anymore than it would be to 'knock' his efforts.

The truth lies somewhere inbetween and should have been more accurately reflected in the respective appearance totals of Leroy and Heffernan.

He does score well but he also misses alot and if forwards are to be judged on goals alone then the dubious ones he has claimed cannot be overlooked.

Leroy's a good player and a great prospect but there are times when he should have been rested earlier in the season, Heffs./ Gillespie should have played more and Leroy's started about 5 too many. Proven goalscoring sub., so no problem resting him to the bench, surely?

I've little doubt that Heffernan would have neared if not matched Leroy's total and there will be no need for any panic if he moves on.

Leroy had a purple patch at the start of the season when he was scoring goals for fun , they seemed to have dried up a bit since then and his goal scoring form has been patchy. But if he continues to get the important goals like the tranmere one then we cant really complain. And its good than tinns has the guts to drop him if he's not playing well , and we have a very good replacement in heffernan to come in to the side.

Heff has all the ability you need to be a good striker IMO but Lita has that star quality and can learn the rest through playing regularly. A good example is the game against stockport at home heff came on and scored a lovely goal a real class strikers finish but a few mintues later lita scores a cracker, i feel sorry for heff but lita can't be dropped for more than one game before he comes up with the goods again(walsall and huddsfield)

IMO oppinon whoever plays will struggle at home as the service is poor at the moment.

Any player, particularly a twenty year old, who can score nigh on 20 goals at this stage of the season in a team that plays as negatively as we do (two full backs instead of wingers at home when the opposition have ten men behind the ball for example and defending the edge of our own penalty area whenever we have a lead away from home) deserves a lot of credit in my opinion.

He is not the best footballer in the world with the ball at feet, I will agree (which is no doubt why Chelsea released him), but put him in an attacking side and he will score a hell of a lot of goals.

I think Heffernan is a good player and will do the job if/when Lita goes but you cannot compare on a like for like basis. For example, would Heffernan have scored the overhead kick against Luton or the 25 yard screamer against Stockport? Conversely would Lita have applied the deft finishes that Heffernan did against Brentford (cup) and Peterborough?

Lita will rise up the football pyramid a lot quicker than our football club I am afraid to say.

Guest DAMIEN-LITA
Any player, particularly a twenty year old, who can score nigh on 20 goals at this stage of the season in a team that plays as negatively as we do (two full backs instead of wingers at home when the opposition have ten men behind the ball for example and defending the edge of our own penalty area whenever we have a lead away from home) deserves a lot of credit in my opinion.

He is not the best footballer in the world with the ball at feet, I will agree (which is no doubt why Chelsea released him), but put him in an attacking side and he will score a hell of a lot of goals.

I think Heffernan is a good player and will do the job if/when Lita goes but you cannot compare on a like for like basis. For example, would Heffernan have scored the overhead kick against Luton or the 25 yard screamer against Stockport? Conversely would Lita have applied the deft finishes that Heffernan did against Brentford (cup) and Peterborough?

Lita will rise up the football pyramid a lot quicker than our football club I am afraid to say.

Well said Greebo !!

Guest Terrace

:Sleep12: Id be more concerned about Brooker than Leroy mate.Whatever level Leroy plays he will develop further and score goals. At the moment theres no edge to him and in his first full season he's doing ok for us. We are one striker short of a decent strike force. A Striker who would be a constant menace to defences in the air and on the ground. A striker who would have the ability to constantly drift away from his marker. A Striker who could deliver on demand performances that can turn 0-0 draws into 1-0 wins. A striker willing to knock eight of the opposing centre halfs teeth out just for fun...Whats Mick Harford doing on Saturday ? Anyone? :D:D:D

Archived