IGNORED

Aaron Brown

Riaz

Aaron Brown is due to play for QPR's reserves today........

http://www.qpr.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/N...~614114,00.html

Soon he'll be in there first team......

How has the club let 3 players who came through the ranks go to championship clubs and get only 100k in the process?? crazy.

I suppose there will be two types of reply to this thread. One along the lines of "thought he was at Tamworth".

Sorry to be a party pooper, but mine is the other type. Indeed. How can we let these 3 players go to championship clubs for £100k?

The response from some will be, cos Ive seen it on here before, "well they failed to get us up", etc. Well if they failed, how come championship clubs want them?

Surely the ones that failed are (some of) the ones that are still there.

I don't want to be too critical, because I believe we may still go up, however the issue of player contracts and how the best young players are retained needs to be looked at, IMO. And if the current management don't think these players were worth trying to keep, when they are required for free or knock down prices by championship clubs, then thats another story.

I agree and I'm also convinced that Aarons' absence at the end of last season, cost us promotion.

The players you mention left because DW&SL took a gamble on letting contracts expire on the basis that if we were succesful, we could sign better players in the Championship.

That backfired at Cardiff, Wilson was rightly sacked and cost cutting came into operation.

The players, cheesed off with seeing players joining the club on far bigger salaries and underacheiving, decided to flex their muscles and, with the exception of Brown, until he's fit, doubled their salaries and got bigger signing on fees.

I would list any player who wouldn't sign, with a minimum of a year left on his contract, as a matter of course.

There's a whole list of players who've left the club for nothing, lots of whom joined for big fees and you have to seriously question the managers judgement on those occassions.

Archived