IGNORED

Bcfc Tv

jimtastic

Here's a question which I've been wondering about for a while. Although I follow City, I can't get down to the Gate as often as I like.

This leads me to wonder about the potential for a subscription-based BCFC TV channel. With match DVDs available and highlights from BCFC World, we know that all the games are taped.

So, some questions:

1) Could you ever see this happening?

2) Would it be in the commercial interest of the club? Would gate receipts drop?

3) Would showing the games, say, a day after they took place reduce impact on gate receipts? On the flip side, would this make the channel less appealing?

4) Would it be Sky's interest to allow this?

Here's a question which I've been wondering about for a while. Although I follow City, I can't get down to the Gate as often as I like.

This leads me to wonder about the potential for a subscription-based BCFC TV channel. With match DVDs available and highlights from BCFC World, we know that all the games are taped.

So, some questions:

1) Could you ever see this happening?

2) Would it be in the commercial interest of the club? Would gate receipts drop?

3) Would showing the games, say, a day after they took place reduce impact on gate receipts? On the flip side, would this make the channel less appealing?

4) Would it be Sky's interest to allow this?

Sky/Telewest etc will be more than pleased to sell airtime though I think the cost of running a TV channel would be prohibitive. Man U are barely breaking even on theirs.

Nibor

Guest thatchermeup

To be honest, this just ain't going to happen!!! If it was affordable then why aren't the majority of prem clubs doing this i.e. Man city, Spurs etc. These teams have big fan bases but its just not cost effective for them. Man u, chelsea, rangers and Celtic can afford to do this because of their 50,000+ crowds per game and the superstars who grace their pitch!

Lets face it, City aren't in the same league as them and without money, we aint having our own sky tv channel. Good though it sounds, we just aint big enough, YET!!!!

Your better off watching the highlight package & if you like what you see, get a DVD. Failing that, get your arse down the gate and support the lads!!!

;):D:blink::o:D:(:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sky/Telewest etc will be more than pleased to sell airtime though I think the cost of running a TV channel would be prohibitive.  Man U are barely breaking even on theirs.

Nibor

I wasn't necessarily thinking along the lines of MUTV with their glitzy presentation and extra programming. Just the matches would be good enough. Perhaps they could use local radio commentary rather than the expense of dedicated commentators. Do the DVDs have commentary?

If the matches were shown a day after they were played, the channel wouldn't even need the expense of live broadcast.

Archived