IGNORED

U2 Gigs In The Summer

gater2

Is anyone planning to go to any of the U2 gigs in the summer? I'm a member of their site and am planning to to over to Dublin on the 24th June when they are playing at Croke Park.

I've never seen them, but they are definately my joint favourite band (with Oasis, who I'm seeing at Milton Keynes on the 9th July!), and so it's going to be absolutely amazing!

:Music10:

Didn't I see they were lining up the Millenistad? - that would be cheaper all round surely.

(Saw them Wembley c1986/7 - awesome!)

They are doing the Mill Stad, but tickets sold out on presale only! Luckily i managed to get 8 at £60 each :unsure:

Some ticket outlets have managed to get a short stock (i know Bristol Ticket Shop had a couple for a while - don't quote me on that though!)

Guest Harry May

U2 - not my cup of tea !

My oldest daughter managed to get tickets for Green Day in Cardiff this thursday.Should be a good gig.

But I am not really that bothered about all that pop/punk stuff . I am off to see the original Kings of NYHC in March . Agnostic Front at the Bierkeller.Raucious.

Not ready for the pipe and slippers yet.

Caldicot Red.

I'm not really into U2 either... But the Kings of Leon are supporting them in the USA, I'd go for them alone!

I'm hoping that the Kings of Leon will be supporting REM over here as I've got tickets for them at the Mill Stad. That would be a dream ticket...although if the Jam reformed...

Scooter Red

Kings of leon would be awesome but i'm also hoping for feeder to support REM at the mill stad as they are supporting them at hyde park!

I dented £80 of my bank account to buy REM tickets for my mum and dad's Christmas present... at the MillStad... Wish I bought one for myself! It's the last gig of their mega-tour so it should be a good un!

Guest NakedZiderFest

I'll be seeing U2 for the first time in London, The Killers are supporting at some UK dates and Snow Patrol are doing some others, the London support bands haven't been announced yet though. Possibly Scissor Sisters for London Ive heard.

Zutons are opening for REM in Cardiff but it sounds like there will be at least one other support band too, I'm off to that one too, and seeing REM in London this Saturday - can't wait!

plus staying up in Sheffield a few days after our last game of the season to catch Queen & Paul Rodgers.

Rock is giving me much more enjoyment than football this year so far. :unsure:

Guest Tactical Genius

I've been listening to 3 of the early shows from the USA leg of the tour. Anyone who has tickets is in for a treat. The setlist is still being experimented with on the shows I have and no particular order has been formed yet.

It is pretty much what you would expect, a heavy presence of the latest album mixed with many old favourites, (even Electric Co. and Stories For Boys have been given an airing). Highlights include a version of Elevation that starts off very understated before crashing in loudly. Sunday Bloody Sunday segueing into Bullet The Blue Sky which then morphs into The Hands That Built America isn't as clumsy as the description suggests. "40" returns as the finale for the first time since the 1990 Lovetown Tour. Fortunately my favourite U2 song (Running To Stand Still) is also back in the set.

Looking forward to the summer now.

Archived