IGNORED

Steve Lansdown

Cardy

Steve Lansdown seems like is a nice guy. Hes a hugely successful businessman and for that he is well respected. He seems to genuinely love the club and is good with both the fans and the press. But god he has made some real bad decisions in terms of the direction that the club has taken over the last couple of years.

We've got players coming and going like buses. Players returning to the comfort zone. We're signing good players and turning them into crap players (ie Dinning). We've got too many players that are still just picking up their wages and are under performing but thats ok because they're in the clique. These same players are more concerned with the cars they drive and what their hair looks like. We've got a cheap option manager who will end up costing us millions. Our best player is still our 36 year old manager. We've got an Assistant Manager who has just realised that pace might be a good attacking weapon. We've got too many average coaches who have never achieved anything worth noting but thats ok because they're in the clique aswell. We change the formation and tactics every week. We've got an academy costing over £1million a year and yet the youngsters are being left to rot. We've just sold our most consistent defender over the last 5 years. We let out best academy prospect walk away for nothing because of an administrational error and yet the whole affair is just covered up. We promote a drinking and smoking culture within the club. We are still only a mid table Div 3 team. Our season of 'anything other than promotion is a failure' has turned into 'a season of consolidation'. We might get a new 2 tier stand that is now only 1 tier that we don't need anyway. Next season our season ticket numbers will half.

Basically not a very rosy picture in reality and we have not progressed at all since Steve Lansdown was put in charge. We are now definately going backwards. Oh and we are £6.5m in debt, not very good for an accountant.

Conclusion - A good player doesn't necessarily make a successful manager and a good businessman doesn't necessarily make a successful Chairman.

Steve Lansdown seems like is a nice guy. Hes a hugely successful businessman and for that he is well respected. He seems to genuinely love the club and is good with both the fans and the press. But god he has made some real bad decisions in terms of the direction that the club has taken over the last couple of years.

We've got players coming and going like buses. Players returning to the comfort zone. We're signing good players and turning them into crap players (ie Dinning). We've got too many players that are still just picking up their wages and are under performing but thats ok because they're in the clique. These same players are more concerned with the cars they drive and what their hair looks like. We've got a cheap option manager who will end up costing us millions. Our best player is still our 36 year old manager. We've got an Assistant Manager who has just realised that pace might be a good attacking weapon. We've got too many average coaches who have never achieved anything worth noting but thats ok because they're in the clique aswell. We change the formation and tactics every week. We've got an academy costing over £1million a year and yet the youngsters are being left to rot. We've just sold our most consistent defender over the last 5 years. We let out best academy prospect walk away for nothing because of an administrational error and yet the whole affair is just covered up. We promote a drinking and smoking culture within the club. We are still only a mid table Div 3 team. Our season of 'anything other than promotion is a failure' has turned into 'a season of consolidation'. We might get a new 2 tier stand that is now only 1 tier that we don't need anyway. Next season our season ticket numbers will half.

Basically not a very rosy picture in reality and we have not progressed at all since Steve Lansdown was put in charge. We are now definately going backwards. Oh and we are £6.5m in debt, not very good for an accountant.

Conclusion - A good player doesn't necessarily make a successful manager and a good businessman doesn't necessarily make a successful Chairman.

Great post could not have said it better myself! Id go as far as saying thats the best post I have ever, ever read!

Well sign me up for a new season ticket!!!!!!

I think you've covered just about everything.

Life is cruel.

Some of your comments are valid but Mr. Lansdown cannot be at fault for all of your points. The manager is responsible for alot of those things, and many of your views pointed out are problems at every club. You punish players for what you are saying and you'll have a more severe coming and going problem.

You make this statement when your chairman rarely attends games and puts little in the club, have been administration in the 00's twice, struggle to get a new ground, have a youth system where we have to sale our better kids, unable to sack a manager in fear he will sue... etc etc etc

You're problems are miniture compared to many of this divisions clubs.

Life is cruel.

Some of your comments are valid but Mr. Lansdown cannot be at fault for all of your points. The manager is responsible for alot of those things, and many of your views pointed out are problems at every club. You punish players for what you are saying and you'll have a more severe coming and going problem.

You make this statement when your chairman rarely attends games and puts little in the club, have been administration in the 00's twice, struggle to get a new ground, have a youth system where we have to sale our better kids, unable to sack a manager in fear he will sue... etc etc etc

Life is cruel.

If you are a Swindon fan with nothing to do but pass meaningless platitiudes on another clubs issues then maybe our problems are miniture.But if you love Bristol City as the majority of the fans do on this site then they are not.So do us a favour and keep your views at times like these to yourself or Swindon Town's website.

If you are a Swindon fan with nothing to do but pass meaningless platitiudes on another clubs issues then maybe our problems are miniture.But if you love Bristol City as the majority of the fans do  on this site then they are not.So do us a favour and keep your views at times like these to yourself or Swindon Town's website.

Times like these? Yes it really is panic stations at Ashton Gate. :unsure:

I'm saying too many of the people on this forum are fickle in the aftermath of poor results. They nit-pick things that are sometimes not relavent to a 3-2 loss to Chesterfield. But when a win comes along it's ALL good again, I've pointed this out before.

So many people love your club... Good for them, I have nothing but respect but sometimes slagging off your chairman and everything with a BCFC logo attatched is not the answer, and it's not 'love' it's like a child when something doesn't go their way. This doesn't help your club move forward, if you were the chairman would you want to help this club when the fans give so much OTT verbal abuse at EVERYONE?

I didn't say it to offend I'm backing what many onlookers, including myself, see as a very well ran club.

Times like these? Yes it really is panic stations at Ashton Gate.  :unsure:

I'm saying too many of the people on this forum are fickle in the aftermath of poor results. They nit-pick things that are sometimes not relavent to a 3-2 loss to Chesterfield. But when a win comes along it's ALL good again, I've pointed this out before.

So many people love your club... Good for them, I have nothing but respect but sometimes slagging off your chairman and everything with a BCFC logo attatched is not the answer, and it's not 'love' it's like a child when something doesn't go their way. This doesn't help your club move forward, if you were the chairman would you want to help this club when the fans give so much OTT verbal abuse at EVERYONE?

I didn't say it to offend I'm backing what many onlookers, including myself, see as a very well ran club.

I tell you what - how about moving that club up the road forward and let us worry about City.

I tell you what - how about moving that club up the road forward and let us worry about City.

I spent alot of time on here, sure, but I am here for the great banter that in on this website.Some like me, some don't (sorry swindon hater! :unsure: )

Funny as I read alot of the slagging off on here tonight and I notice these people who only come on to slate there club.

That's hardly 'love'

Times like these? Yes it really is panic stations at Ashton Gate.  :unsure:

What a load of ********.

What a load of ********.

Constructive as per usual Swindon hater.

Stop moping, I'll type what I think... And you've just proved that you're acting like a spoiled child.

At least I try and make my points and explain them unlike you're post.... Tell me why I'm wrong instead of those kind of posts.

One of the most inaccurate postings I have ever read.

1. Check your facts before writing untruths.

2. Do you know how much the club owe the Directors and in particular the Chairman, if you did then you wouldn't write such utter nonsense.

3. SL is not an Accountant, Chartered or even Certified!

:unsure:

Steve Lansdown said only this week that the club is £6.5m in debt. Yes hes lent the club money but only at ridiculous interest rates / share options.

Constructive as per usual Swindon hater.

Stop moping, I'll type what I think... And you've just proved that you're acting like a spoiled child.

At least I try and make my points and explain them unlike you're post.... Tell me why I'm wrong instead of those kind of posts.

Your posting as if your talking about your club, lucky to still be alive the amount of times a threat of going bust comes along, poor small crowds home and away, struggling to pay wages up, small squad etc etc.

We're posting as City fans with decent average gates, massive money spent considering the rest of the League, a club that was 'promised' automatic promotion at the end of the season by it's chairman.

We know we're not getting relegated but teams have standards, ours are to be up there fighting for a top two spot, not 3 points adrift of the playoffs having played less games than others. Yours are to stay alive and fund the players their wages.

Your posting as if your talking about your club, lucky to still be alive the amount of times a threat of going bust comes along, poor small crowds home and away, struggling to pay wages up, small squad etc etc.

We're posting as City fans with decent average gates, massive money spent considering the rest of the League, a club that was 'promised' automatic promotion at the end of the season by it's chairman.

We know we're not getting relegated but teams have standards, ours are to be up there fighting for a top two spot, not 3 points adrift of the playoffs having played less games than others. Yours are to stay alive and fund the players their wages.

See, that wasn't so hard... Very Good points. I apologise in regards to using Swindon as the examples but they are pretty much the best when comparing teams who have it better with those who are not, maybe Wrexham applies more.

No hard feeling SH.

Guest bristolbred
Steve Lansdown said only this week that the club is £6.5m in debt. Yes hes lent the club money but only at ridiculous interest rates / share options.

Then get rid of the ****!!!

:unsure:

Guest oneforthe
Life is cruel.

i havn't any problem with you posting on this form actually i am more than happy, and most of the time i am interested in what you have to say, but you might be at uni and be far more intelligent then me.

But that dosen't mean you have any common sense and actually know when not to post with out a very negative response!!!

i havn't any problem with you posting on this form actually i am more than happy, and most of the time i am interested in what you have to say, but you might be at uni and be far more intelligent then me.

If I can get into University, anyone can! :ph34r:

But that dosen't mean you have any common sense and actually know when not to post with out a very negative response!!!

Not quite sure what you meen.... "BRISTOL CITY ARE RUBBISH"

Any better? :unsure:

Archived