IGNORED

Philips Going

Br1stolCityBoy

Guest bristolbred

Why would they waste money on him???

He was responsable for two of the goals tonight,

The overpaid Prima donna!!!

We should be on the look out for a decent second Goalkeeper to replace him in the First Team!!!

:unsure:

People are saying our season is over id Philips were to leave then our season really would be over.

Get of his back Phillips is a city player through and through and deserves some respect he has made some stunning saves this season that I am sure outweigh tonights performance. This club will go know where if we continue to slag off our best players let alone our worst ones.

No wonder everone seems keen on leaving.

People are saying our season is over id Philips were to leave then our season really would be over.

Get of his back Phillips is a city player through and through and deserves some respect he has made some stunning saves this season that I am sure outweigh tonights performance. This club will go know where if we continue to slag off our best players let alone our worst ones.

No wonder everone seems keen on leaving.

Here Here

Guest bristolbred

I used to stick up for Phillips!!!

My daughter is in love with the man!!!

But his kicking is getting more and more suspect!!

He can't command his area,

and he let's in soft goals, and has no-one to compete for a first team place!!!

Cant see City being able to bring in any even half decent keepers until the end of the season.

Phillips to be in goal for the rest of the seasdon :unsure:

WE ALL KNOW this season is a right-off now, gutting I know but lets look forward to interesting trips to Hull and Wednesday eh

:ph34r::grr::grr:

Guest bristolcityup1

lets give phillips a break, i was very angry with him tonight but now ive calmed down ive realised we are all poor tonight, we were poor enough to go 2-0 down, poor enough when we made it 2-2 then even more poor when it was 2-3, poor midfield, poor defence, poor subs, poor decisions..

Well, they've got one lame mule...

What a fool you really are.

Shock horror, Preston are on the look out for footballers that give 100% every game and don't get @@@@ed every night of the week...

Well they've already signed one of our best players - Matt Hill, so why not take our 'keeper who never fails to give 100% and had interest from Alan Curbishly at Charlton, West Ham and Gillingham last season.

Wake up and watch how our players perform in future CYNIC.

PS - Tonight he didn't cost us the game, we never should have been 2-0 down. Admittedly he was at fault for their THIRD but then I take Curbishly's opinion over anyone's on this forum, frankly...

They couldn't have had a scout down here tonight then :ph34r:  perhaps they like his funky hair-doo

no but the Plymouth Argyle Manager was here again, and the former Wimbledon Manager ?? Burton was her I don't know who he is with at the moment, but the argyle manager left with twenty minutes remaining, he wasn't to impressed then :unsure:

In Andy Lonergan Preston have one of the best young keepers outside the prem so cant see why they would want to bring Phillips because neither him nor Lonergan are going to be happy to warm the bench.

No I think Phillips is a good player for us and should not leave. it seems to me nearly every fan at the Gate hates him for some reason which is a disgrace and in my opinion is aa good keeper. He kept us in it last night saving from Allison when it could have been 3-0 and the fans berating him will do little for his confidence. Leave the poor sod alone and let him do his job. He would be badly missed if he did leave and who is there to cover - the over aged Mike Stowell who always seemed to be in goal when we got stuffed a couple of seasons backed e.g. 4-1 at Peterborough and 5-1 at Blackpool or the inexperienced Clint Davies. It would mean another pointless sigining for Tinman

Why would they waste money on him???

He was responsable for two of the goals tonight,

The overpaid Prima donna!!!

We should be on the look out for a decent second Goalkeeper to replace him in the First Team!!!

Agreed, Phillips is a good Pro, but hes so very average.

I think he don't work hard enough for his crust.

Lets get a new keeper!

Whatever the weaknesses in his kicking and command of the area Phillips is a top class shot-stopper and in my view irreplaceable. How many times has he pulled off top-draw saves from pointblank.

If his kicking & command were of the same standard he would have left for the Premier League by now. I for one think we are lucky to have Steve and would struggle to replace him.

I see some people are mentioning Pressman, hardly a long-term solution is it? Though I do hear promising things about Rhys Evans at Swindle. Maybe Rich can enlighten us further?

I can't beleive anyone think's Philips should leave - he's probably our most consistently good player and the best goalie in the league !

Our defence has been carrying him too long already, now Hill has gone its becoming apparent.

I love Philips in a "ooh nice save Steve"but hate him in and a "OMG u let that in you noob!"

Archived