IGNORED

The Misunderstanding...

screech

Sorry to be doing this today before a match but it irritates me beyond belief.

I keep reading on this forum from certain people that it's only a matter of time that the likes of Colchester, Brighton, Barnsley, Colchester etc. are somehow going to fall away from the top half of this division sometime soon, how completely arrogant of you, why continue with this when the season is half way through and they are still looking as strong as they ever did.

Those teams are there on merit, no-one predicted Plymouth would be top of the league and clear on points at the start of the season, they are there because they are the best team in the league so far, Sheff Wednesday were supposed to be the best team along with QPR and us, but find themselves 18th in the league and finding it more difficult than they had hoped for, so come on give these teams the credit they deserve.

Rant over!

Nothing more to say but: Agreed.

Actually, i've thought of more to say, look at the Charlton and Fulham's of the prem going very strongly, thumping Chelsea and Man united respectively, no longer walk over's, i dont care who's got a better fanbase or stadium, it's which 11 want it most, and It's been the likes of Barnsley and Colchester so far.

I guess it depends on WHY people saying it...

If its just out of some belief that we deserve to be ahead of clubs like that, then you're right, it IS arrogant.

BUT, while there are always a couple of teams which surprise you, its very rare to see a lot of so called 'smaller clubs' finish above clubs with greater resources and better players. Its not arrogant to assume this season will follow the familiar pattern. Yes, Charlton, Fulham and Southampton ARE doing well at the moment, but do you really think they will all be up there at the end of the season ?

Every season its the same, and its not coincidence. The clubs with the greater resources and better players usually rise to the top and the 'lesser' teams (and I mean that with the greatest respect) struggle to keep their run going.

As I said, there are always a few surprises though...

Archived