IGNORED

You Won,t Win Anything With Kids

mike11

What is it with our manager?Just because he is 36 doesn,t mean he has to surround himself with players no more than 10 years younger[Lita apart]and half of them getting to the 30 mark.

I am sick of seeing older 3rd division players,playing in the last parts of their "careers" :unsure:,being allowed to wear our shirt without earning the right to do so.

Tinnion questions their attitude and committment after every setback,and these setbacks are getting more regular as the season goes on.So what does he do?Does he use the players he has waiting in the background?Does he use our YOUNGER,FITTER,MORE SKILLFUL,MORE COMITTED players?

No...he tries to sign one of our ex-players,who is 29 :ph34r:,probably because he is a mate,as well as being nearer his age,just like most of the others.

What is it Brian?..are you scared of our youth?are you jealous?can,t you relate to them?

Luke Wilkshire,Bradley Orr,Paul Heffernan,Scott Brown,Stephen Gillespie,Joe Anyinsah...you are telling me ,after last night,s bollox[the word performance doesn,t apply] that some or all of the afore mentioned couldn,t have done better?If you think that mate,[and seeing how you disregarded them,I have no reason to believe any different],then IMO,you are not cut out for this job,and you should think about going at the end of the season,and take your "mates" with you.

Guest ashtonyate
What is it with our manager?Just because he is 36 doesn,t mean he has to surround himself with players no more than 10 years younger[Lita apart]and half of them getting to the 30 mark.

I am sick of seeing older 3rd division players,playing in the last parts of their "careers" :unsure:,being allowed to wear our shirt without earning the right to do so.

Tinnion questions their attitude and committment after every setback,and these setbacks are getting more regular as the season goes on.So what does he do?Does he use the players he has waiting in the background?Does he use our YOUNGER,FITTER,MORE SKILLFUL,MORE COMITTED players?

No...he tries to sign one of our ex-players,who is 29 :ph34r:,probably because he is a mate,as well as being nearer his age,just like most of the others.

What is it Brian?..are you scared of our youth?are you jealous?can,t you relate to them?

Luke Wilkshire,Bradley Orr,Paul Heffernan,Scott Brown,Stephen Gillespie,Joe Anyinsah...you are telling me ,after last night,s bollox[the word performance doesn,t apply] that some or all of the afore mentioned couldn,t have done better?If you think that mate,[and seeing how you disregarded them,I have no reason to believe any different],then IMO,you are not cut out for this job,and you should think about going at the end of the season,and take your "mates" with you.

Coles is only 23 Docherty 23 Lita 20 brooker 23 philips 23 wilkshire 23 fourtune 21 the lad we got back from swansea 23 that a lot of young player. The problem is there is not enough quality young or old in the club.

Coles is only 23 Docherty 23 Lita 20 brooker 23 philips 23 wilkshire 23 fourtune 21 the lad we got back from swansea 23 that a lot of young player. The problem is there is not enough quality young or old in the club.

If you read my post properly,you would see I said half are nearing 30[which is correct],the players you have mentioned,..Lita-see my post..Wilkshire-he was sub last night :unsure:

I happen to think there is enough quality here,its just that Tinnion isn,t using it,he prefers the more mature,slower,couldn,t give a toss type player,and unless he changes pretty quickly,he is going to be out of a job.

Tommy D went to school with me and is the same age and is 25, will be 26 in March.

Mike11, using your youth theme we could have a 3-5-2 of; Phillips, Smith-Carey-Fortune, Brown-Docherty-Orr-Wiltshire-Goodfellow, Brooker-Heffernan. The bench could include Cotterill-Lita-Golbourne, and a couple of the wrinkly crinklies. I am over 60 and agree with you. Bell/Butler/Murray/Tins, should stop being in the starting eleven, as we start building our team for next year. Added to the above we have Gillespie-Woodman-Harley-Anyinsah on the books. Thats a squad of 18 without another signing, or Miller who will probably stay north.

Not for the first time this season I found myself wondering why we field no fewer than five outfield players in their thirties, including three in the flank positions.

By contrast Chesterfield had experience in the spine with Nicholson at the back and the Chief up front, backed-up with mobile players in central midfield (Niven and Hudson) and energetic young'uns running around willingly for 90 mins (vs our 10 mins). Our midfield/defence was an average of 4.5yrs per man older than their's - that's the stuff of Dad's Army!

The average age of our team is now greater than at any time since Pulis and the return of points per game is lower ... mere coincidence?, I think not.

Ah! so that's it!

Why don't we play the entire youth team then?  Then, the average age of the team will only be 18!

We'll walk the league next year...!

doh.gif

Oh you cynic! The kids have played much better than the more experienced players this season. With a few additions in the summer and we will become a much stronger unit just you see. city.gif

Interesting how 3 months pass and our average age for a player has gone down from nearly 30 to just over 20. Oh times have changed. Seems the gaffer has done some things right this season. city.gif

Good job there's nobody here who'd stoop to say "told you so" whistling.gif

Guest ashtonyate
If you read my post properly,you would see I said half are nearing 30[which is correct],the players you have mentioned,..Lita-see my post..Wilkshire-he was sub last night wacko.gif

I happen to think there is enough quality here,its just that Tinnion isn,t using it,he prefers the more mature,slower,couldn,t give a toss type player,and unless he changes pretty quickly,he is going to be out of a job.

As my name is being taken in vain,I still say we need to sign 5 or so older players with experiance to mount a challenge next season.The young player may look good for a while but over a season they would struggle also its unfair on the them and the fans.I hope Tinnion does not go into next season relaying on youth or it will be another season in the third division.

I see the flag ship of lower league academies Crewe is on the edge of being demoted to our league proven yet again you don't win with too many kids in your team.

Guest ashtonyate
Leroy Lita being an example I suppose?

Yes you are right I think lita should have been rested at times this season but remember he is a bit older than Golbourn Skuse & co they are still very young to last all season with out resting.

As my name is being taken in vain,I still say we need to sign 5 or so older players with experiance to mount a challenge next season.The young player may look good for a while but over a season they would struggle also its unfair on the them and the fans.I hope Tinnion does not go into next season relaying on youth or it will be another season in the third division.

I think he's finally coming round to the idea that teams need to have a blend of talents and a balance of youth / maturity ... or is it another false dawn?

I see the flag ship of lower league academies Crewe is on the edge of being demoted to our league proven yet again you don't win with too many kids in your team.

Yes ... Crewe's record of achievement on attendances that are half our's is utterly contemptible, isn't it?

Guest ashtonyate
I think he's finally coming round to the idea that teams need to have a blend of talents and a balance of youth / maturity ... or is it another false dawn?

Yes ... Crewe's record of achievement on attendances that are half our's is utterly contemptible, isn't it?

I have always said you need a blend of youth and experiance the differance is I want 7/8 experance players in my team, and you want 7/8 youth players in yours which will never lead to success.

Guest BeNeRz

Y? y will a team of younger players not succeed? 6/7 youth players and 4/5 expirenced players is a great balance 2 have, so y can we succeed?

Guest Slinky
I have always said you need a blend of youth and experiance the differance is I want 7/8 experance players in my team, and you want 7/8 youth players in yours which will never lead to success.

Didn't we have 7/8 experienced players in the team at the start of the season though before Tinnion decided to give more of the youngsters a chance?

Guest ashtonyate
Didn't we have 7/8 experienced players in the team at the start of the season though before Tinnion decided to give more of the youngsters a chance?

When I say experiance I mean players who have played in the prem or a lot of games in the first.Players like Merson, Pearse,if you have a couple of these types of players to sort the youngsters out and show them how to play the game. Players who still want to play the game, not dinning who dosent want to put his self out after he got a contract.

When I say experiance I mean players who have played in the prem or a lot of games in the first.Players like Merson, Pearse,if you have a couple of these types of players to sort the youngsters out and show them how to play the game. Players who still want to play the game, not dinning who dosent want to put his self out after he got a contract.

so you want washed up drug addics in our team.. remind me what he has done at Walsall?

If we listend to you we wouldnt of had a team this season..

When will you admit your wrong and get over it?

I have always said you need a blend of youth and experiance

Nonsense! ... the only thing you have always said is ... let me see if I can remember the words correctly ... I wouldn't want to misquote you ... ah yes - "close the academy" (thereby guaranteeing you'd have no youngsters good enough to play even in Div 2 (ask the Gas))

Guest ashtonyate
Nonsense! ... the only thing you have always said is ... let me see if I can remember the words correctly ... I wouldn't want to misquote you ... ah yes - "close the academy" (thereby guaranteeing you'd have no youngsters good enough to play even in Div 2 (ask the Gas))

Yes and I still say if i was in charge that would be my first task. I think we don't need it it the biggest wast of money this club has and have stop us getting out of this league.This is a big cloud hanging over the clubs head and nobody has the guts to pull the plug on it.Its the kings clothes thing.

Guest marcclifton

I am sick of seeing older 3rd division players,playing in the last parts of their "careers" whistling.gif,being allowed to wear our shirt without earning the right to do so.

No...he tries to sign one of our ex-players,who is 29 banghead.gif,probably because he is a mate,as well as being nearer his age,just like most of the others.

sorry is it me, but has this manager given leroy the chance to prove himself this seaon!

Yes and I still say if i was in charge that would be my first task. I think we don't need it it the biggest wast of money this club has and have stop us getting out of this league.This is a big cloud hanging over the clubs head and nobody has the guts to pull the plug on it.Its the kings clothes thing.

Do you not realise something.

Say for example, we never had the academy, we would have never seen the likes of

Carey

Doherty

Coles

Skuse

Hill

Golbourne

Anysinah

Burnell englandsmile4wf.gif

Amankwaah

Lita

Woodman

Fortune

Harley

Cotterill

Anyone care to add?

Where would we have been without these players in the past few seasons?

All the money would have been spent on would be another Soren Anderson type player, and we would have still been stuck here with nothing to build for the future. Look where a team of journeymen have got the gas, absolutely nowhere.

EDIT: Spelling

Archived