IGNORED

24 Hours Later

Frenchay Red

Sorry if these points have already been made, but I could not face getting on here before now after the inept display last night.

Just who is making the substitution decisions? We were dire for an hour, and then finally when we got them on the rack and I thought we might run out 3-2 or even 4-2 winners the way we were going at them, the 2 players who were driving it on, Tins and Tommy were taken off?

I know that for an hour they had little impact but then the midfield pairing got in control and because of it, Murray and Smith were tearing Chesterfield apart down the right. So what happened? Off they came, and that ended our comeback.

I don't understand the tatics.

One other thought, what is the point of playing a left sided winger if (i) you don't give him the ball, and (ii) he keeps wandering infield and denies you the option of a wide pass to the left wing. His ball skills are generally good but positionally he seemed lost. I thought the only substitution on the cards when we were looking to get in front was Heffs for Goodfellow. Not Fortune for Butler or replacing the midfield. Barmy decisions and probably cost us 3 points.

:unsure:

Archived