IGNORED

The Problem Is....

Super Scotty Murray

The main problem with city this season is that we havnt had the backbone we have had for the last two. It used to be that our team basically picked itself i.e. phillips, carey, coles, butler, hill, murray, tommy, tins, a brown, peacock, miller for example.

This season our backbone (best players) Coles and Doherty have been absolutely terrible and that is where the stem of our problem lies. Tinman keeps on going on about ringing the changes- THAT IS WHY WE HAVE BEEN SO BAD. Too many changes and not enough consistency.

As Danny has been rubbish, play Carey centre back (that is where he played when we got promoted) and keep a defence of Smith, Carey, Butler, Bell for the rest of the season (unless someone is absolutely terrible). Choose a midfield and stick with it for a few games e.g. murray, wilkshire, orr, goodfellow. The strikers can pick themselves depending on performance.

It is ridiculous things like playing Orr for three games where he is one of our best players, then dropping him for the next two for no apparant reason, that is the whole problem.

AND PLEASE JUST STICK TO ONE FORMATION. 4-4-2 or 3-5-2, whatever it is, just stick with it. Look at Tranmere for example, they play well all season with 4-4-2, decide to change their formation to play city with a 3-5-2 and loose with some of their players not looking sure of their roles. JUST LIKE CITY EVERY SINGLE GAME.

Some people on this forum are just as bad, slagging off every single player on the pitch bar smith and brooker, as much as we were terrible in the first half, that was just as much due to the amount of changes and how little cohesion we had, than players individually playing badly. Though Danny Coles clearly had a nightmare.

The only reason we had an 11 game unbeaten run earlier in the season was we had a consistent starting 11!!! The only changes we made were due to injurys- WILKSHIRE PLAYED GREAT ON THE LEFT- WHY HAS HE NOT ONLY NOT PLAYED THERE FOR 4 GAMES AND THEN BEEN DROPPED!!!!

I could go on all day, but i cant be bothered. There was so much I wanted to say after the game that i couldn't bring myself to write the most depressing post i ever have.

I HAVE TO EAT MY WORDS because I over estimated the ability of our team to beat rubbish like Chesterfield, who lost 4-2 at home to WREXHAM!!! And my optimism based on the ability of our players has gone to nothing, as we change about 5 players for every flipping game, which probably has a part to play in why some of them are playing so badly.

Rob

Archived