IGNORED

Is There A Connection

Heathy33

After witnessing one of the most terrible and embarrassing episodes of my time as a city supporter, i'm left wondering about one thing.

What's with Philips' hair? As his barnet becomes more rediculous his performances get worse. Is there a conection. His multi coloured mullet sums up a growing feeling that our over paid squad are more interested in massaging each others egos and looking good (?) for the cameras than in getting down to it and playing for our club. With a few notable exceptions they appear to be developing a petulant 'look at me' attitude which they are completely unable to back up with their performances. And yet to us mere mortals they look the kind of people you would cross the street to avoid.

Philips - How can you trust the judgement of a man with hair like that?

Doherty - Nutter, and whats with the beard? Guy looks like a tramp, without the dignity.

Coles - Petulant arse who's really starting to believe his own hype. And whats with the spots? With all your cash, surely you don't need to sniff glue?

Goodfellow - The guy just doesn't look like a footballer. Too small, to lightweight.

Lita - A little less bling, a little more teamwork please.

Fortune - ???? Plenty of effort, which on its own places him way above some of our players, but seems to have no idea what to do with the ball when it comes his way.

There are far more eloquent posters on here who i'm sure could put this in words better, but what is it with our players? To a man they just don't look right. There's been many times when i've come close to giving up and wasting my hopes and energy on something else. I'm just glad we arn't in serious danger of relegation or going bust. So now i'm going to sit back and laugh at the parody we've become.

I just hope that we all rememeber Brian as the great, committed City player he was, and not the haunted, troubled manager he is becoming.

I've noticed Chelsea players, Terry, Gudjohnsen etc, have lost the mullets. We could be on to something here.

Maaaaaaaaaaybe if they lose there mullets they would player better...thats it get the scissors out! ... i don't know whybut footballers really dolove there hair and the yalways seem to have the mostridiculus hair styles.....

Gerry Gow used to have a really dodgy permed effort , amd a tash, back in the '70's but it didn't seem to harm his football. Then again , who would be brave enough to tell GG he had a crap hair do?!

Guest Fleetstreetred
After witnessing one of the most terrible and embarrassing episodes of my time as a city supporter, i'm left wondering about one thing.

What's with Philips' hair? As his barnet becomes more rediculous his performances get worse. Is there a conection. His multi coloured mullet sums up a growing feeling that our over paid squad are more interested in massaging each others egos and looking good (?) for the cameras than in getting down to it and playing for our club. With a few notable exceptions they appear to be developing a petulant 'look at me' attitude which they are completely unable to back up with their performances. And yet to us mere mortals they look the kind of people you would cross the street to avoid.

Philips - How can you trust the judgement of a man with hair like that?

Doherty - Nutter, and whats with the beard? Guy looks like a tramp, without the dignity.

Coles - Petulant arse who's really starting to believe his own hype. And whats with the spots? With all your cash, surely you don't need to sniff glue?

Goodfellow - The guy just doesn't look like a footballer. Too small, to lightweight.

Lita - A little less bling, a little more teamwork please.

Fortune - ???? Plenty of effort, which on its own places him way above some of our players, but seems to have no idea what to do with the ball when it comes his way.

There are far more eloquent posters on here who i'm sure could put this in words better, but what is it with our players? To a man they just don't look right. There's been many times when i've come close to giving up and wasting my hopes and energy on something else. I'm just glad we arn't in serious danger of relegation or going bust. So now i'm going to sit back and laugh at the parody we've become.

I just hope that we all rememeber Brian as the great, committed City player he was, and not the haunted, troubled manager he is becoming.

Guest Talulah1975

I thinks its Phillips ginger streak.

Everyone knows ginger hair = heavy hair - its slowing him down.

Maybe without the bright orange fringe he might have been quick

enough to stop that winning goal going in...

All in all it was just a game cursed by a Five Point Kiss of Death Star as follows:

No 1 The Curse of Sky

No 2 Despite being on Sky we played the theme tunes to both Grandstand and

match of the day

No 3 WAYNE ALLISON

No 4 Publised on radio that Chesterfield haven't won at the Gate for something like 100 years

No 5 and also that they haven't won a game yet in 2005.

:whistle:

Guest hairyshamrock
Maaaaaaaaaaybe if they lose there mullets they would player better...thats it get the scissors out! ... i don't know whybut footballers really dolove there hair and the yalways seem to have the mostridiculus hair styles.....

I do know that Cloughie would never have stood for it. He'd have got them to the nearest air base and got them all looking like marines - at least hair wise - and would have kept them like it.

Last season Coles had short hair and played a blinder - maybe its true that footballers can't walk and chew gum, or play football and worry about their hair!

Archived