IGNORED

Wilson!

Komazawa

I'm sorry but how can people on here keep going on about Wilson and saying that he did well for us? Alright he didn't do badly but surely we'd have won promotion if he'd done well.

He had four years in charge, was well backed financially compared to other clubs in the division, had a decent squad of players in a weak league, yet he still couldn't get us promoted.

In my book that is a failure. Four years was long enough and he had to go at the end of last season - defeat in the playoff final to a mediocre team like Brighton was a major disappointment

Guest BCFCTILLIDIE2005
I'm sorry but how can people on here keep going on about Wilson and saying that he did well for us? Alright he didn't do badly but surely we'd have won promotion if he'd done well.

He had four years in charge, was well backed financially compared to other clubs in the division, had a decent squad of players in a weak league, yet he still couldn't get us promoted.

In my book that is a failure. Four years was long enough and he had to go at the end of last season - defeat in the playoff final to a mediocre team like Brighton was a major disappointment

Totally agree with you mate Wilson had 4 years to get us up and failed. He then had the cheek to say that losing in the playoff final wasn't a failure. That man was a waste of space in my opinion.

And Tinnion is any better? :whistle:

At least with Wilson we knew what to expect, and he was consistant. IMO we would be in a much stronger position with Wilson this season.

And Tinnion is any better?  :whistle:

At least with Wilson we knew what to expect, and he was consistant.  IMO we would be in a much stronger position with Wilson this season.

Yeah we would have known what to expect - another season of league one football followed probably by a playoff defeat, followed by another season of league one football and another near miss - how much time would you have given him then?! Was four years not long enough? I personally think it was

Yeah we would have known what to expect - another season of league one football followed probably by a playoff defeat, followed by another season of league one football and another near miss - how much time would you have given him then?! Was four years not long enough? I personally think it was

He made some bad subsitutions and he never showed any passion. But he improved every season. He was an experienced manager.

We would have been in a better position with him now, so why employ a manager who has no experience at managing?

SteveL made a mistake hiring Tinnion , and he probably realises now.

He made some bad subsitutions and he never showed any passion. But he improved every season.  He was an experienced manager. 

We would have been in a better position with him now, so why employ a manager who has no experience at managing?

The mistake was made years ago when Wilson was appointed. Peter Taylor or Mark McGhee were better candidates - both gone on to much better things (i.e. Championship football). I've got nothing against Wilson - I just don't think he's a good manager/motivator of players and that's why he's ended up at a deadend club like MK D

He made some bad subsitutions and he never showed any passion. But he improved every season.  He was an experienced manager. 

Ageed :dunno: Wilson improved every season; must we wait another 3 to be in the same position as we were a year ago :whistle:

Ageed :dunno: Wilson improved every season; must we wait another 3 to be in the same position as we were a year ago :whistle:

That is absolute rubbish! At least now we have a man in charge who actually is passionate about the club - not an inanimate statue propping up the bench. Come on - Wilson couldn't achieve promotion in four years = FAILURE

That is absolute rubbish! At least now we have a man in charge who actually is passionate about the club - not an inanimate statue propping up the bench. Come on - Wilson couldn't achieve promotion in four years = FAILURE

But now Tinnion probably won't be able to achieve promotion in 4 years. :whistle:

so we have to wait another 4 years then; and we are all pasionate about this club ,unfortunatly that wont get us prommoted.

FACT - Wilson improved our chances of winning promotion season upon season that he was here.

FACT - Wilson inherited a rubbish squad and much of his time in the first 2 years was spent clearing out all the dead wood.

FACT - The City players held Wilson in very high regard and were shocked by his exit at the end of last season. Tinnion excluded!

FACT - A lot of people in the media were also suprised by the departure of Wilson - citing him as a man who was doing a decent job at City. That doesn't include numpty Simon Parkinson of the EP who tipped us to finish in the top 2 under Tinnion but never under DW - shows what he knows!

FACT - Danny Wilson was very close to getting the full potential out of a group of players who are overpaid and stubborn. That has become very clear since Tinman has been in charge.

FACT - Contrary to popular belief, under Wilson we did play pretty good football in THREE out of his four years in charge.

FACT - Wilson always defended his players in public, possibly one of the reasons why he was held in such high regard by the players. Tinnion excluded!

FACT - Wilson did NOT want Murray back at the club! It was Steve L who instigated the move! I wonder if Wilson would've taken Carey back as well??

FACT - Had Wilson stayed on as City manager you would not have had so many wholesale changes to the squad and many players who have left may well have stayed. Roberts and Hill...for example.

FACT - Wilson was sacked for being unhappy at Steve L's decision to cut costs and get rid of Brian Jones. Since the club psychologists departure and Wilson's the discipline of our players has been disgraceful. Again, the players were adament that Jones helped them as people.

FACT - Since Wilson's departure, crowds are dwindling (particularly away from home) as the vast majority of City fans have come to realise that, hey, we weren't actually a bad side under Wilson - he kept the season ticket holders happy that for sure as we rarely lost at home!

FACT - Now, under Sir Brian we are playing Pulis-esque football - only that would be an insult to Pulis as he did infact have a game plan!

He may be passionate about Bristol City but this does not alter the fact he is tactically inept, a useless manmanager and basically couldn't run the proverbial (Am I naughty or what!) up in a brewery

It hurts me when i see fans get ratty with....

The Players

The Board

The Fans

Its allmost as if some so called fans prefer it if we are not doing so well so they can get all pissy and spout their i told you so rants, makes me wanna throw.

Wilson Did a good job for us, but didnt get us up, this cost him his job.

Tinnion likewise has the same problem, but a lot of you idiots have written off the seaons already!!

If you want glory support Chelsea, not City.

We are a club on the up thanks to continuing support from Steve L, we should NEVER forget what this man and the Cheif exec do for this club.

Get behind us and support or get lost!

FACT - Wilson improved our chances of winning promotion season upon season that he was here.

FACT - Wilson inherited a rubbish squad and much of his time in the first 2 years was spent clearing out all the dead wood.

FACT - The City players held Wilson in very high regard and were shocked by his exit at the end of last season. Tinnion excluded!

FACT - A lot of people in the media were also suprised by the departure of Wilson - citing him as a man who was doing a decent job at City. That doesn't include numpty Simon Parkinson of the EP who tipped us to finish in the top 2 under Tinnion but never under DW - shows what he knows!

FACT - Danny Wilson was very close to getting the full potential out of a group of players who are overpaid and stubborn. That has become very clear since Tinman has been in charge.

FACT - Contrary to popular belief, under Wilson we did play pretty good football in THREE out of his four years in charge.

FACT - Wilson always defended his players in public, possibly one of the reasons why he was held in such high regard by the players. Tinnion excluded!

FACT - Wilson did NOT want Murray back at the club! It was Steve L who instigated the move! I wonder if Wilson would've taken Carey back as well??

FACT - Had Wilson stayed on as City manager you would not have had so many wholesale changes to the squad and many players who have left may well have stayed. Roberts and Hill...for example.

FACT - Wilson was sacked for being unhappy at Steve L's decision to cut costs and get rid of Brian Jones. Since the club psychologists departure and Wilson's the discipline of our players has been disgraceful. Again, the players were adament that Jones helped them as people.

FACT - Since Wilson's departure, crowds are dwindling (particularly away from home) as the vast majority of City fans have come to realise that, hey, we weren't actually a bad side under Wilson - he kept the season ticket holders happy that for sure as we rarely lost at home!

FACT - Now, under Sir Brian we are playing Pulis-esque football - only that would be an insult to Pulis as he did infact have a game plan!

Well said I think many will agree :whistle::dunno::laugh:

so we have to wait another 4 years then; and we are all pasionate about this club ,unfortunatly that wont get us prommoted.

Totally missing the point there. Tinman won't be allowed 4 years. He'll be lucky to get 2.

Wilson was allowed a season too long in my book. Some even say he should have been shown the door after the Blackpool fiasco, and that was in his 2nd season.

As for the reason Wilson is at MKD, perhaps no one else wanted to be associated with that club?

Archived