IGNORED

Our Next Manager?

Lita For Congo

BT should be consulted, but if i was SteveL id be on the phone first thing tomorrow morning offering Ronnie Moore the position of assisstant manager - a rolling contract containing a mangement release clause: anyhting but is unfeesible.

The board have committed to BT and I'm sure unless he steps down he will be in charge for the remainder of the season. However something is not working and the logical answer for all parties is to relieve Keith Millen of his position and install someone of Ronnie Moores obvious abilty and experience.

EDIT: The thought has just occured that if the contract was 'rolling' a management release clause would not be necessary :whistle:

Wouldn't want him, did well with Rotherham but could he do it with another club?  I'd rather have Gary Johnson.

Yeovil took 4500 to Charlton on Saturday. They have real triers, a few with flair. they play good stuff on the ground.His son's there. I think there's 1 0r 2 Big Boys who would like him. We've got no chance!

Yeovil took 4500 to Charlton on Saturday. They have real triers, a few with flair. they play good stuff on the ground.His son's there. I think there's 1 0r 2 Big Boys who would like him. We've got no chance!

I would LOVE to see Tinman's old clubs ex-manager here as a mentor to Tinman. I have no doubt that Brian will end up as a super manager but we do not want to be paying the price for his learning if we can possibly avoid it. I say get Sir Bobby down as a grandfather-mentor type figure, he would have so much to teach Tinman and evryone could benefit.

GET SIR BOBBY IN NOW

i would love Gary Johnson in, but you`re right who wouldn`t, if tinnion wants to get his team right he either has to retire playing as much as it hurts to say, or bring in a good assitant, e.g martin scott (Hartlepool Utd)

If we're going to play this bloody silly game, then lets talk sensibly about it: I've seen Dave Jones name mentioned in relation to advising for a few months. Lets go for him full time, as he did a good job at Stockport, and Saints (Wills, correct me if i'm wrong) and also Wolves to get them up.

If we're going to play this bloody silly game, then lets talk sensibly about it: I've seen Dave Jones name mentioned in relation to advising for a few months. Lets go for him full time, as he did a good job at Stockport, and Saints (Wills, correct me if i'm wrong) and also Wolves to get them up.

Spot on, I mentioned his name on another thread and do believe he would do an excellent job for us. Again not suggesting we replace Tins or Millen just that we get them some help!

Guest Tactical Genius
I say get Sir Bobby down as a grandfather-mentor type figure, he would have so much to teach Tinman and evryone could benefit.

GET SIR BOBBY IN NOW

Christ, it's only a matter of time before someone mentions Peter Reid.

Pointless debate.

Firstly Tinnion won't accept help, (look at his pronouncements on the main site about playing, he can't see that he's any part of the problem) and if someone comes in from outside they are only doing so because they want the job themselves.

Secondly, the people in the frame when Tinnion goes (all managers do in the end) may well be in work at the moment but may not be by then.

Finally, Gary Johnson turned down an interview for Coventry, if he leaves Yeovil it will be for someone bigger than us.

Sometimes timing is everything.

The timing of Danny's "sacking" is our problem. It is now pretty apparent that the Chairman was angling to get rid of Danny at the end of last season and had already set up Brian's appointment beforehand. On the back of that we all know that Brian looks to have board's backing for this season - come what may. Sacking Brian at any point now would only call into question the board's original judgement, and leave them open to accusations of a first-apppointment manager needing more time.

Very few clubs get rid of managers during the summer as they want continuity through pre-season into the start of the season. Therefore managers come onto the market as the season unfolds, they have a run of poor results or fall out with their chairman or the board wants a change at the turn of the year to give a boost for promotion or to stave off relegation!

If Danny had been kept on until this season the board would have been in a a no-lose position. If we had a storming start, heading the league etc. then no problem Danny would stay on to achieve promotion. A poor start, or a slump, as we have had, would give the board the easy, and justified, task to look for a good manager coming available and, when they had the right one, could sack Danny at that point with probably more fan support than the decision at the of last season gained. Do you think Sturrock would have taken the City job if it had been offered when he was sacked by Southampton? I reckon it would have been very likely.

Whether it be Dave Jones, Ronnie Moore or even Peter Reid, I think we we are snookered in gtting any one in now, because the behind the scenes manouvering at the end of last season to get Danny out and shoe-horn Brian in, means the board will not change manager at this point in the season.

I hope Brian can turn it around, but I'm not counting my chickens!

Bobby, I can't believe that you need the TG to tell you that Mr Jones will be setting his sights slightly higher than Bristol City.

ok sorry must have misunderstood, I thought you were suggesting it was a bad idea because he wasn't good enough. Anyway as he is out of a job at the moment, surely temporary work is better than nothing?

Out of interest, how does  sit with ?

As in a good idea, in an ideal world of a decent manager for this club. I know its highly unlikely he'd come here.

A good name though, my Stockport supporting mate really rated him, and with the financial restraits we will no doubt suffer from, he may IMHO, be an ideal name for the job.

However I do live in the real world and know it aint going to happen- Tins will most likely stay, or we'll probably appoint another hapless loser, to start another circle, to the next Danny Wilson, and then groundhog day......

This is City, we NEVER do things the easy way....... :blush:

Ronnie Moore would be a superb manager tinman as his number two.

He has had years without any money so coming here would be a relative luxury.

intersting comment, but as we seem to be relativeley big spenders, would he feel that he had to work so hard with what was here, or would he suppose they could all be replaced with (better ??) more expensive offerings ?

Ronnie Moore would be a superb manager tinman as his number two.

He has had years without any money so coming here would be a relative luxury.

The main thing I've heard about Ronnie Moore is that he is a disciplinarian type manager something that is desparetly needed down the Gate as whenever I go out the town I always see the same players out of the lash.

Get Moore in, he'd get us organsied, disciplined and more importantly give us a damn better chance of promotion than the current occupant!

Ok i understand people are'nt happy, but to suggest sacking BT is a joke.

You won't get anyone in more pasionate about our club than him.

Ok he's made mistakes, but its all part of him learning the job.

I agree with the point that he should of bought in someone with experience for his number 2 but i doubt he was allowed to look outside the club.

He's finding out himself who wants to play for him or not, so judge him at the end of the season, when he's had a chance to stamp his mark on the team.

I'll probably get slaughtered on this thread now for backing him, but i think 12years of service deserves better. :blush:

Ok i understand people are'nt happy, but to suggest sacking BT is a joke.

You won't get anyone in more pasionate about our club than him.

Ok he's made mistakes, but its all part of him learning the job.

I agree with the point that he should of bought in someone with experience for his number 2 but i doubt he was allowed to look outside the club.

He's finding out himself who wants to play for him or not, so judge him at the end of the season, when he's had a chance to stamp his mark on the team.

I'll probably get slaughtered on this thread now for backing him, but i think 12years of service deserves better. :blush:

12 years of service should mean nothing if you're not cutting the mustard.

What has his passion got to do with anything? These are the same banal, tedious excuses wheeled out when he got the job in the summer - they don't mean a thing. And they count for nothing when compared to experience, talent and success.

Why has it so far taken him 44 games to find out who wants to play for him or not? Why now, in February, with just 16 games left, are we having 'clear-the-air' discussions and 'one-to-ones'? Wasn't this the same man who knew the club inside out and had the advantage over an outside appointment of knowing all the current squad's strengths and weaknesses?

I said at the time, he should have gone and made his mistakes in the non-league or local Conference teams NOT here at AG.

I'm not slaughtering your point of view at all, but '12 years of service deserves better' just smacks of the Cosy Club.

Who then :blush:

Who will come in for peanuts, and will transform this team into world beaters?

Your point about he should of learnt his trade somewhere else then come back is hard to take on board.

If he had done this and been a success, everyone would be saying why the hell didnt we give him a chance.

And whats saying he would of wanted to come back, when you see how fickle some fans are here. :city:

Who then :blush:

Who will come in for peanuts, and will transform this team into world beaters?

Your point about he should of learnt his trade somewhere else then come back is hard to take on board.

If he had done this and been a success, everyone would be saying why the hell didnt we give him a chance.

And whats saying he would of wanted to come back, when you see how fickle some fans are here. :city:

Who said anything about peanuts? If we can afford to build a completely pointless new stand I'm sure we can find a few pennies to pay a new manager. Anyway, here's some managers (they're just names, not suggestions) currently out of work, in no particular order:-

Dave Bassett

Eric Black

Trevor Francis

George Graham

John Gregory

Joe Kinnear

Jan Molby

Rob Newman

Bruce Rioch

Mark Wright

Archived