IGNORED

Amankwaah

StapleHillPhil

I like that we are loaning players to Yeovil we should have been doing it the last couple years. I for one was hoping we'd loan out Lita last year to them for a month or more to get him some games.

That being said if Kev goes there it is great news for us, he'll get to work under a class coach and hopfully come back all the better player for it.

I'd be very wary if they wanted to sign him though as the GJ is a crafty fellow and has a very keen eye for players.

Hope he goes and helps the glovers win that poxy league they are in, while hopfully we can still make the playoffs here in our own poxy league.

well now we got Carey, we wont need another right back! even if we have Carey playing in the centre... options galore

Get rid, let him start a proper career, as much as I do like him! earlier Yeovil got rid of Right Back Roy O'Brien.....

Hi lads and lasses, Yeovil fan here. A couple of points about some things mentioned in this thread:

1) PTV. Unfortunately, we are going PTV within the next four weeks or so. :city:

2) 99% of the time that Gary Johnson signs someone on loan, it is with a view to a permanent move. Otherwise he doesn't sign loan players. Assuming he signs today, Amankwaah would be just our second loan player of the season.

3) The reason we want him is because our injury record this season for defenders is nothing short of ridiculous. We have not had a fully fit defence for even one game this season. Not one. And we currently have two out injured. Which is nice because we have been running at four out injured.

Anyway, all the best to BCFC this season and I hope we meet in the league next season if you don't go up via the playoffs!

3)  The reason we want him is because our injury record this season for defenders is nothing short of ridiculous.  We have not had a fully fit defence for even one game this season.  Not one.  And we currently have two out injured.  Which is nice because we have been running at four out injured.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Kevin Amankwaah is extremely injury prone!

And when he gets injured, its not just a couple of weeks on the side lines - its a couple of seasons!

HE'S SIGNED-IT'S CONFIRMED

Kevs been on loan a few times, but the trouble is that he rarely gets a run in the first team, so he never gets match fit, which, when he plays, makes it far more likely he'll get inujured :city:

In fairness, when he broke his neck, it was in a car crash, so you can't blame the lad for that.

His last injury came at Blackpool when he was the victim of a disgraceful tackle that put him out for the rest of the season when he was playing well wide on the right.(Brighton away 4-1)

I was interested to read that yesterday he woke up in the second half and began making some "promising" runs forward-Whilst promising, they don't deliver normally, but if Yeovil can get him fit and playing regularly, he's a good player who can cross the ball very well at times.

Little bit of an enigma really.

If we do sell him, I'd want a sell on clause of at least 30% if the initial fee's low.

Archived