IGNORED

Scott Brown

GrahamC

Outstanding for the reserves yesterday on the right hand side of a midfield four, his first goal was a cracker and the second wasn't bad too.

He certainly deserves a chance on that display.

Amankwaah was excellent too, I'm not a fan, but to be fair he looked very good, Yeovil will definitely want him after that display.

Felt sorry for Heff, he missed two easy chances in the first half, clean through Scott Brown made a good save and smashed one over the bar after good work from Cotterill, he couldn't argue if Tinns went with Leroy again after that.

Trialist keeper Paul Jarvie made a brave save early on at Odejayi's feet and had very little else to do, only concern that he wasn't the tallest (said to be 6ft, looked a bit less to me).

Final point, Scott Golbourne, he did ok second half but was on as a sub, can those of you who never watch the reserves and keep saying he should play in the first team realise he's nowhere near ready yet.

Guest hairyshamrock

I also agree, but also felt that Loxton played well in the centre alongside Dinning and Doherty. I don't feel that either senior player gave a good account of themselves, but the youngster won everything he went for.

The other thing i found incredible was how much movement there was in the box AFTER Heffernan went off. Also, Brown - a right winger who can cross.... PLEASE START HIM SATURDAY!!!!

I think we're pretty much all agreed that Brown should play. He's the only one who can drive the play forward from midfield and get into the box to assist the strikers.

Wilkshire is mobile and can pass the ball well, but when have you ever seen him run with the ball?

I also agree, but also felt that Loxton played well in the centre alongside Dinning and Doherty.  I don't feel that either senior player gave a good account of themselves, but the youngster won everything he went for. 

The other thing i found incredible was how much movement there was in the box AFTER Heffernan went off.  Also, Brown - a right winger who can cross....  PLEASE START HIM SATURDAY!!!!

'A right winger who can cross', yes, and shoot! Seriously though I don't know whether I would refer to him as a 'winger' as such, anybody know what his prefered position is? I agree that the two TD's did'nt particularly stand out and I thought Heff looked like a man who was low on confidence and a little pi££ed off! He must really regret moving here.

On a slightly different note I've just been speaking to a good mate of mine who's a season ticket holder at QPR and there's a lot of talk there about DC & TD going to them! Well there's a surprise.

I think we're pretty much all agreed that Brown should play. He's the only one who can drive the play forward from midfield and get into the box to assist the strikers.

Wilkshire is mobile and can pass the ball well, but when have you ever seen him run with the ball?

I think I've often seen Wilkshire run with the ball, or maybe I was hallucinating.

I think I've often seen Wilkshire run with the ball, or maybe I was hallucinating.

Have you seen him run at people and take them on (and beat them)?

I'm struggling to think of any times I've seen him do this. Or indeed anyone else in our team except Murray and Lita on occasion.

Have you seen him run at people and take them on (and beat them)?

I'm struggling to think of any times I've seen him do this. Or indeed anyone else in our team except Murray and Lita on occasion.

Yes, I think he frequently cuts in from the left with the ball at his feet, and gets a shot away. I don't don't think he beats players in the Stanley Mathews dribbling winger fashion but not many do, but he definitly comes across them whilst running with the ball at his feet.

Alrighty then, Scott Brown at right midfield, Ireland back, a ? on Heffs performance, perhaps trying too hard. Gillespie being called back....door opening for him? Hull, Phillips, Smith-Carey-Ireland-Fortune, Brown-Doc-Orr-Wilks, Brooker-Heffs. Bench, Lita, Cotterill,Dinning,Goodfellow,Butler.

Archived