IGNORED

A Good Start

Tales From The Front

The second half at the KC was a vast improvement on recent weeks, first half was OK as both teams cancelled each other out with Hull perhaps having the edge. The only clear cut chance in the first half was caused by confusison in the City defence with Carey being the main culprit in which Hull shot narrowly wide.

That said Carey produced a fair display and one musy hope that he can re-create the partnership he once had with Shaun Taylor,(upon which his reputation at the club was based), with Criag Ireland. A player who does the simple things and most importantly attacks the ball, though not in the Taylor class, surely a better option than the previous holders on the centre half role this season.

The effort was cetainly in abundance and the fact that the team did not go into it's shell after going behind, must give some optomisim. Howevert City must take some of the pressure off themselves by retainning possesion better. City still give the ball away to easily in a panic, Hull were also guilty of this. When the players had some composure on the ball the difference in performance was stark, with several good goal scoring chances created, again a big improvement.

Yeasterday was a start, something to build on, attitude and desire must be a given by all who where the red shirt, then perhaps the quality that many have will follow. There is a fair bit of ground to be made up to make the play-offs and rescue a season that should have offered more. But with the attitude shown yesterday there is at least hope.

I was more than happy to applaud the team off the pitch yesterday, delighted with the application. Some of the players have alienated themselves from the fans with their apparent attitude "issues". The manager has acted as I would have expected and I hope that lessons have been learnt, in what must be considered a steep learning cure for him.

I and thousands of others certianly hope so.

Happy to oblige.

Have got to say I have been less than impressed with the last couple of months. However like all fans and we are not the moaners we are all supposed to be, will readily give praise where and when it's due (even in far flung outposts such as Hartlepool and Hull).

Yesatrday was a powder keg type atmosphere and I certainly got the impression that Hull are used to itimidating and bullying the oposition. Approximately 1000 memebers of the red army made sure that the boys had plenty of support.

And at the end of the day this is what it all comes down to, we are all fed up of going to ramshackle grounds with a couple of thousand in attendance, just as Tinnion admitted earlier in the season. Yesterday was a big game, in an impressive satdium.

The only way this will be a regular occurance is by the effort and application of all conserned, especially the playing and coaching staff. From my point of view it is a shame that it took the fall out from the Chesterfield game for many to wake up to that fact.

Come on you reds!

Archived