IGNORED

Will Doherty Go?

Samh

After the recent stripping of the captaincy and not travelling to Hull is Tommy on his way?? - I really hope not, Tommy is still the driving force of our team.

And what about Danny Coles - I think Tinnion could be making a mistake. Craig Ireland isn't in the same league.

After the recent stripping of the captaincy and not travelling to Hull is Tommy on his way?? - I really hope not, Tommy is still the driving force of our team.

And what about Danny Coles - I think Tinnion could be making a mistake. Craig Ireland isn't in the same league.

I agree Tommy WAS the driving force, and Coles WAS better than Ireland when trying....... wish they would get their act together. Last season's play off loss happened, Tins appointment happened, they either cope and play, or move out.

Ireland is better than Coles, trust me.

Thats an interesting statement seeing as Ireland has played 3 games for us and is playing for a contract.

Whereas, Coles has been with us years, he has been consistant and with his thinking cap on is a great player.

Driving force?

Do you actually attend games?

Look:

IF TD gets fit-Big IF

IF he then gets match fit-unlikely due to injury & suspensions-a two match ban is looming.

IF he then actually want's to know.

Then he'll have a chance.

Until then, he's got no chance and yes he's on his way if someone wants him and that's another big IF on current form.

Guest bcfccider

It may be that Ireland does not get a full contract and instead we will make a bid for another defender e.g. Nelson.

His use may be to provide cover whilst Butler and Coles are rooted out.

Thats an interesting statement seeing as Ireland has played 3 games for us and is playing for a contract.

P3 W2 D1 F4 A1

Sounds good to me particularly as two games were away and both were against sides in the top three!

Whereas, Coles has been with us years,

That's part of the problem

he has been consistant

Not this season, he hasn't, unless you count consistantly poor or average!

and with his thinking cap on is a great player.

Great player?

Don't be daft.

He had one good season for us (In League One!!) and that was the season before last!

Since then and the Cardiff bid which, in hindsight, we should have accepted, he's been going backwards or at best standing still in my view.

As for a thinking cap, both that and desire has been missing.

Guest Goodone
Great player?

Don't be daft.

He had one good season for us (In League One!!) and that was the season before last!

Since then and the Cardiff bid which, in hindsight, we should have accepted, he's been going backwards or at best standing still in my view.

Would it not be best for BT to sit down with both players and try to sort out any issue's that maybe there rather than act hastily and route both players out. We know on there day, they can be the best in the league and would be a great asset to the city to get them performing the way we know they can.

Is it not also a coincidence that both players have captained the 1st team this season and they are the ones being penalised. A captain is the person who views the opinions of all the players to the gaffer, could it be that all the players are unhappy with what is going on, but the ones speaking there minds are the ones being made the example of???

Tommy seems to be causing more harm than good, and if that is his attitude I wouldn't want him playing for City. With all the critisim Tinnion is getting at the min I think he is actually sorting out the club off the field and getting rid of the trouble makers. Be surprised to see tmmy play again.

Guest ciderred77

How long ago was SL saying QPR would have to "break the bank" to buy Tommy.

That'll be a small child's piggy bank then - we'll be lucky to get £250,000

Would it not be best for BT to sit down with both players and try to sort out any issue's that maybe there rather than act hastily and route both players out. We know on there day, they can be the best in the league and would be a great asset to the city to get them performing the way we know they can.

Is it not also a coincidence that both players have captained the 1st team this season and they are the ones being penalised. A captain is the person who views the opinions of all the players to the gaffer, could it be that all the players are unhappy with what is going on, but the ones speaking there minds are the ones being made the example of???

It is also no coincidence that both players were made captain and vice captain at the start of this season by the same person who has now stripped them of this captaincy.

I for one want to see our manager geting the best out of all of our players especially these two.

that was before tommy had his one 2 one chat with tinnion, i think i few home truths came out from both people

Whilst it would have been very interesting to have been a fly on the wall for that one, I think whatever happened in that room should have now been resolved. We are talking about two grown ups who both have the same club at heart and can both take this club forward.

Great player?

Don't be daft.

Exactly. As I said on another thread Coles had three great games against Robert Earnshaw TWO YEARS ago, yet TWO WEEKS ago got totally embarrassed by Wayne Allison. If ever there was an example of a player living off a few good games then Coles is surely it.

Guest Jamesonjoe

If you and the gaffer have a falling out

it is you that will lose and it looks very

unlikely that the gaffer and tommy doc will

see eye to eye on anything at the moment.

Its been clear since Tinnion was appointed

that the relationship between Him and the

Doc has been strained to say the least.

And i can see no way back after the Doc was stripped

of the captainsy, its all gone too far now IMO. ;)

It happens in every job a difference of opinion

and a unwillingness to work together between two

people leads to discontentment and to a drop in performance.

Usually its only rectified by one of them leaving or

a serious change of heart,and a change of heart is the

most unlikely senario.....in this case..imo. :D

If Tommy doesn't want to play for Bristol City then he can go, if his attitude changed then he's an asset to any club but his attitude and fitness stinks at the moment.

Tommy DOES want to play for BCFC.

Its the Manager he dosn't want to play for.

Shame, but I see know way back for a player that should have been the driving force this season.

Tommy'll be a QPR player either Wednesday or Thursday..

I'm sure nothing will happen until Thursday at the earliest....Tommy SHOULD be left to concentrate on his International football until we gets back to Bristol On Thursday.

I for one REALLY hopes he stays. I think he can turn this round and come back a better player for it. If any other club manages to snap him up then I think they'll get a bargain and it'll be City's loss.

Biased?! Moi?! :D

Guest voda red

I think that these two have caused some sort of problem within the ranks, there could not possibly another reason why Tinman would do what hes done.

Maybe we need to destroy in order to create ! :D;):(:D

Guest tommytank
ive heard from a reliable source (tom doc's mate) that qpr and plymouth are willing to take the doc off citys hands.

You right mate plymouth are going to bid for him, heard city are not looking for that high of fee!

Its time to move on for Tommy and probably was last August...I've just read some of my own back posts and got slaughtered way back in August for daring to sugest TD was off the pace and lethargic and not earning his place...as the season has progressed we find out it seems he doesn't get on with the manager....well so what! the supporters pay his wages and he's not done it for them this season so if he cant sort it with the manager then its time for him to leave....

Archived