IGNORED

Phillips Fourth Booking On Saturday

martnewts

Steve Philips has now been booked 4 times this season following the booking for dissent on saturday. This means one more booking and he will be suspended.

Meaning the surplus to requirements Brown or the rather aged Stowell will be called up anyone else concerned by this?

Clint Davies is the other keeper but if we had to I would go with Mike Stowell everytime, Phillips is on a tightrope now and I hope for his and our sake he doesn't get another booking as Stowell hasn't even played in the reserves for a while and what I have seen in Davies before matches doesn't fill me with confidence

As we told Clint Davies last week that we would not be renewing his contract in the summer and that he is now free to find another club, I'd say his chances of playing in the first team are pretty remote.

Stowell seems to have virtually retired to concentrate on coaching, not even turning out for the reserves nowadays.

If we don't get a new reserve keeper in this season after last week's trialist Paul Jarvie joined Torquay, I'd expect us to borrow someone on loan should Phillips reach the 5 booking mark before seasons end.

Guest Congresbury_Red
Ive heard that gordon banks is chomping at the bit :D

Based on recent trends: What price a one match return for Keith Welch, or better still John Shaw?

Archived