IGNORED

This Season Is Over, So....

Guest BlackthornRed

Guest BlackthornRed

1)The youngsters; Golbourne, Cotterill, Skuse etc get a chance.

2) DO NOT BUY; players that arent good enough for this division and this club

3) Don't rip the heart of the club and the Bristol Contingent out of our team for e.g Hill, Coles, Doherty etc

4) Appoint a assistant manager with an experienced past, this season has shown that managerial experience is key.

5)Give players a chance, Gillespie and Miller have shown recently that a chance is all they need to get going

6) And finally... if you are going to get rid of players for a poor attitude, at least acquire some replacements before you go about axing the players whom have done a great service

:D

Guest BlackthornRed

I'm not very optimistic about our chances in this division this season, I love the club to bits but the playoffs wont happen this season. Unfortunately we are not one of the best six teams in the division.

Guest DrFaustus
Uh, we're going to get promoted then, are we??

My hope for next season is that Tinnion and Millen are long gone

You're 5 off the play offs - hardly season over eh? When, and it will be when, you put together one of the unbeaten runs that you've become good at over the last few years, you'll be in the mix.

We however, will finish 9th. :D

Guest BlackthornRed

Yes you are right that it is good that ColinS is looking at this topic and I hope that he takes into account some of my points. We are worse than last season so why should we go up this season ?

Guest BlackthornRed

I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but realistic. There are at least four better sides than us this season, Hartlepool, Bournemouth, Tranmere and Sheff Wed. We are not going to be good enough I feel to make a push for the playoffs, Consistency has not been our strong point this season.

Guest fatherdougal

For the manager to finally set out his stall in Jan/Feb is probably not the greatest timing for a promotion pushing side. But then Tins has had to learn a new skill and its been rough on the fans, the players, himself, everyone. The fact that we're 7th seems nothing short of a miracle. In fact, its not a miracle, it's plain old fashioned determination on Tins part to see the job through. Even if we don't go up, and play Rotherham, Yeovil and S****horpe

instead, I'll be less disappointed then I was last season when City built up enough momentum to have cruised through the division, and didn't. The culture is being changed around, things are happening, and I'm all for it.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but realistic. There are at least four better sides than us this season, Hartlepool, Bournemouth, Tranmere and Sheff Wed. We are not going to be good enough I feel to make a push for the playoffs, Consistency has not been our strong point this season.

Before I cut up my season ticket, become a raging alcoholic and curl up into a ball, here's some interesting information.

You can FIND consistency.

How?

Well, let me tell you.

Last season Hartlepool finished 6th with 73 points to scrape into the play-offs on goal difference ahead of Port Vale.

With 15 games to go they had 44 points, 1 less than we have now. You could say they were a little inconsistent.

However, rather than take a boat containing his whole small squad into the middle of the North Sea and getting them to jump overboard, Pools Manager Neil Cooper didn't give up.

Instead Pools took 29 points from their remaining games, with a record of

P15 W9 D2 L4 F30 A24

Now we can't guarantee that 73 points will be enough, but I reckon around 76 points will and that isn't beyond City.

Guest BlackthornRed

I admire your stats, very impressive. Two points Id like to make about Hartlepool. 1) Small team with little expectation from their fans

2) A team that works together and with great spirit, possess some players who probably wouldnt get into City's side but play well in hartlepool's. These points and Adam Boyd whom is one of the best strikers alongside Lita and Elliott in L2 make them a great team. Greece are the equivalent of Hartlepool where as City are the equivalent of Spain = lots of promise but rarely deliver.

Uh, we're going to get promoted then, are we??

My hope for next season is that Tinnion and Millen are long gone

Pathetic, the season is far from over and we have the players capable of going on a winning run and making the play offs, once there, it's a lottery.

Tinnion will prove you wong I'm sure and ram those words back down your throat.

Agree about millen though :D

For those who have thrown in the towel please note;

Brentford have ; Tranny h, Hart away, Sheff Weds home; then Colc,Donc and Oldham all away :D 6 GAMES BUT not many points there :would certainly back us to get at least 5 points back on our next 6 games dunno:

IT AINT OVER TILL ITS OVER. ;):(:D

For those who have thrown in the towel please note;

Brentford have ; Tranny h, Hart away, Sheff Weds home; then Colc,Donc and Oldham all away  :D 6 GAMES BUT not many points there :would certainly back us to get at least 5 points back  on our next 6 games dunno:

IT AINT OVER TILL ITS OVER. ;)  :(  :D

Agree GB, looking at our run in we have an reasonable home straight (I deliberately didn't say easy !) Of the 15 games left, 8 are at at home with the toughest 2 being Luton and Shef Wed away, apart from that the rest are games where I would expect us to pick up points. The next 4 games will decide it, we need a good run and prob a bit of luck with other results going for us, but I'm still confident we will reach the playoffs.

Doctor - At last these pills are starting to work !

:D

2005-6, after the bloodletting we will start with close to the following. Phillips, Smith-Carey-Ireland-Fortune-Golbourne-Woodman?-Brown-Dinning-Orr-Harley-Wiltshire-Docherty?-Anyinsah,Brooker-Gillespie-Heffernan-Cotterill. Thats 18 to start with, it looks likely that Miller and Lita will be sold and help us buy 2-3 solid support players in the back/left/center.I have left Murray out as he will be 31-2 next season and is not going to get better, perhaps a staff position helping Tins who has a 3 year year contract.

Archived