IGNORED

Has Anyone Seen His Goal?

Ecko

Good cross to the 6 yard box. Lita got in between the two defenders... saw it late and thumped a header into the ground before it slotting nicely into the top right hand corner.

Good goal... Hell YEAS!

Nowhere near the top right hand corner, calm down dear ;)

Just slightly to the right of centre, great positioning to get his bonce on it, the predatory 6 yarder striker :D

So some-one remind me, how was it scored?

:D

Quality cross to the 6 yard area from the left, Lita got between two dutch defenders, powered the ball down into the ground and into the net just right of centre of the goalmouth.

It must be said that the dutch goalkeeper was a legend in being a bit of a clown.

Post match remarks by commentators. Lita showed lots of enthusiasm..... playing in the old 3rd division he is used to channeling..... Lita's goal came from an excellant cross for a tap in..... in the last 20 minutes England looked a much better team with the substitutions.

Good goal actually - quality cross (something Leroy hasnt seen for a while) and great positioning by Leroy to get in between the centre halves to head home.

Not the greatest header in the world but from 6 yards it doesnt need to be.

Overall i thought he did well after he came on - looked very lively won a few free kicks and certainly didnt look out of place.

Guest Tactical Genius
White-framed with overly-large holed netting.

I prefer the closer square pattern net than the larger hexagon shape favoured by some.

And you never see proper stanchions anymore. They are all supported by these annoying poles now, which you used to only see in continental matches. Stanchions were more aesthetically pleasing, not just to look at but for the way they allowed the ball to nestle in the net.

And you never see proper stanchions anymore. They are all supported by these annoying poles now, which you used to only see in continental matches. Stanchions were more aesthetically pleasing, not just to look at but for the way they allowed the ball to nestle in the net.

There was also the stanchion design that was just a D shaped bit of metal that looped out from the corner of the crossbar and looped down where it reattached to the post. I remember Trevor Brooking scoring for England away from home and managing to jam the ball in the loop many years ago.

I suppose nobody has square posts anymore either.

Archived