IGNORED

Exciting Times..

Bristol Boy

and calm down a bit!

Lita put himself in the shop window last night and didn't look at all out of place in some exaulated company.

That's good and should boost his confidence.

Anyone in football who even looks at the internet or reads a paper, will have known about LL for a while and his performance should only mildly surprise them.

Managers will have known about him, Gillespie,Fortune, etc for a long time, as can be seen from Prestons bid for CF.

There can be no doubt that his transfer value has probably quadrupled since the start of the season and last night won't do that figure any harm.

Where we need to be careful, is the temptation to cash in and accept an offer that will be significantly improved providing, unlike DC & TD for example, his development continues.........and that's the lucky/clever bit!

Cardiffs' £500k bid for Coles a season ago, looks like more than we'll get now and most fans will say, wish that we'd taken it.

20/20 Hindsight is a great gift!

Tom Hoddlestone of Derby is a centre half, 18 and joining Spurs at the end of the season for £2.5m at which point, he'll probably be loaned to a Championship club for a season, ala Calum Davenport......who another manager then recalled!

Natural goalscorers are at a premuium and that, my friends is what we have :cool:

Taking a flyer,I'd say the club would be silly to accept anything less than £1-£1.3m up front with "add/sell ons" taking the value closer to £2.5/3m.

I've already said that I don't think anyone will pay that kind of fee until City or LL are playing/scoring regularly in the Championship,ala Earnshaw, although Forest have just sold their two best players for £5m to Spurs and Wigan have JJB behind them,so you never truly know.

Clubs exiting the Premiership may decide to invest a chuck of their parachute payments in an exciting prospect? :whistle:

On DC or TD,I'd accept £200/250k for either on the basis that we can buy better players that will add more to the team for less than that and, probably, less wages, remembering some of the quality that we see in the Premiership exit trials.Lita-Gillepie-Fortune-Brown.

Like I say, exciting times, but I'd be even more excited if we win the next five games on the trot :)

This forum eh! It's incredible really, people wonder why I am on here, well, it's just great fun to read! This time last week there was barely any optimism, it's doom & gloom, there's no light at the end of any tunnel... Players are leaving and fans are not caring anymore, people are screaming for Heffernan to start with Brooker :whistle:THEN

a) Bristol City get a draw at Hull City

b) Bent of Ipswich Town gets injured

All of a sudden it's the internet equivilant of dancing in the street, Lita is called up to England U-21's and City's league position is now okay considering and play-offs are possible (even though the position is not much different to the week before)

THEN Lita scores a good header from a better cross in a poor England U-21 performance where it was pretty hard to play any worse than the rest and now it's talk of million pound bids and the continuing separated of the wheat and the chaff.

1) This has put Lita firmly in the transfer speculation but countless amounts of players have featured for England U-21's and gone nowhere... You saw it last night, not many people on that pitch cared as it was just a friendly U-21 fixture... I wonder how many people gave a damn about U-21 matches before last night? I wonder how many people would have said "U-21's means nothing" if Lita didn't play? This is not a Swindon Town fan rant of jealousy, Swindon had a player in the U-21's last season (Rhys Evans) and I have no need to, I'm just as happy my country are giving talented players a chance at international level. Fact is that these days those who are U21 and good enough actually play for the full squad nowadays.

2) Yes, Lita will be in the squad against the Germans BUT he will still be behind Bent & Cole (if fit) and probably Ashton & Stead (despite poor form) ... I would salute Taylor if he selects Lita ahead of the rest as it shows great faith but you've got to remember those 4 players are playing higher league football than Lita, even though 3 aren't scoring enough goals.

3) People have mentioned it and if Doherty goes it will be more of a problem, Lita will now miss crucial games and even with Heffernan and Brooker, Lita is a key player.

The reason I write this is I've seen this crazy optimism before on OTIB and it has more often fallen flat and the anarchy begins again.

Why are so many keen to stick a price tag on the guy? Where's this BCFC ambition I always read? I know this is the way football goes but there are not enough "We'll keep Lita as long as we can" post. I think Lita's comments toawrds Tinnion show he is not considering a departure.

People mention Earnshaw... He played much many seasons and scored much more goals before his multi-million pound move, it is also worth stating that the one division higher factor makes a hell of a lot of difference in this case.

Beware of the false prophets!

Enjoy the fact one of your players showed those who tuned into Sky Sports last night what he is going to do for a long time but don't get too carried away!

Time to run and hide?

You're probably onto something there with the bit about Leroy's relationship with Tinman.

He clearly has a deep respect (mutual) for the bloke and I'm sure he won't want to leave for any old club or deal.

Obviously if the Premiership comes calling, that'll be hard to resist - but considering his relative inexperience in league football and his relationship with Tinman (and us!), perhaps he'll be around for a little while just yet.

One Team

You're probably onto something there with the bit about Leroy's relationship with Tinman.

He clearly has a deep respect (mutual) for the bloke and I'm sure he won't want to leave for any old club or deal.

Obviously if the Premiership comes calling, that'll be hard to resist - but considering his relative inexperience in league football and his relationship with Tinman (and us!), perhaps he'll be around for a little while just yet.

One Team

Well its understandable, doesn't matter what happens to Lita now, Tinnion will always be the first manager to give him his first proper chance.

This forum eh! It's incredible really, people wonder why I am on here, well, it's just great fun to read! This time last week there was barely any optimism, it's doom & gloom, there's no light at the end of any tunnel... Players are leaving and fans are not caring anymore, people are screaming for Heffernan to start with Brooker  :whistle:THEN

Sorry, but what's that got to do with my post?

All of a sudden it's the internet equivilant of dancing in the street, Lita is called up to England U-21's and City's league position is now okay considering and play-offs are possible (even though the position is not much different to the week before)

See the bit about 5 straight wins impressing me more.

3) People have mentioned it and if Doherty goes it will be more of a problem,

No it won't.

The reason I write this is I've seen this crazy optimism before on OTIB and it has more often fallen flat and the anarchy begins again.

I've been called lots of things but crazy optimist is never one of them :cool:

Why are so many keen to stick a price tag on the guy? Where's this BCFC ambition I always read? I know this is the way football goes but there are not enough "We'll keep Lita as long as we can" post. I think Lita's comments toawrds Tinnion show he is not considering a departure.

I didn't say he was.

Transfer speculation is inevitable and my post was directed at some of the more excitable speculation.The change over the last two weeks was more to do with BT actually starting to get to the root of the problem we've had all season.

OK, it's taken 31 games,but he's a young, inexperienced manager and that's to be expected at times

People mention Earnshaw... He played much many seasons and scored much more goals before his multi-million pound move, it is also worth stating that the one division higher factor makes a hell of a lot of difference in this case.

Exactly as I've said

Time to run and hide?

Well, that would be normal for Swindon, but that's beside the point :)

LL's performances, like all players, particularly these days, should be enjoyed and appreciated, while the player is with us.

If Man Utd, Arsenal & Everton can't hold on to players, we've little hope.

I'm not fan of agents,but they are a fact of modern day life.

This forum eh! It's incredible really, people wonder why I am on here, well, it's just great fun to read! This time last week there was barely any optimism, it's doom & gloom, there's no light at the end of any tunnel... Players are leaving and fans are not caring anymore, people are screaming for Heffernan to start with Brooker  :whistle:THEN

a) Bristol City get a draw at Hull City

b) Bent of Ipswich Town gets injured

THEN Lita scores a good header from a better cross in a poor England U-21 performance where it was pretty hard to play any worse than the rest and now it's talk of million pound bids and the continuing separated of the wheat and the chaff.

1) This has put Lita firmly in the transfer speculation but countless amounts of players have featured for England U-21's and gone nowhere... You saw it last night, not many people on that pitch cared as it was just a friendly U-21 fixture... I wonder how many people gave a damn about U-21 matches before last night? I wonder how many people would have said "U-21's means nothing" if Lita didn't play? This is not a Swindon Town fan rant of jealousy, Swindon had a player in the U-21's last season (Rhys Evans) and I have no need to, I'm just as happy my country are giving talented players a chance at international level. Fact is that these days those who are U21 and good enough actually play for the full squad nowadays.

2) Yes, Lita will be in the squad against the Germans BUT he will still be behind Bent & Cole (if fit) and probably Ashton & Stead (despite poor form) ... I would salute Taylor if he selects Lita ahead of the rest as it shows great faith but you've got to remember those 4 players are playing higher league football than Lita, even though 3 aren't scoring enough goals.

3) People have mentioned it and if Doherty goes it will be more of a problem, Lita will now miss crucial games and even with Heffernan and Brooker, Lita is a key player.

Beware of the false prophets!

Enjoy the fact one of your players showed those who tuned into Sky Sports last night what he is going to do for a long time but don't get too carried away!

Time to run and hide?

With condescending rubbish like this I don't mind if you run or hide just shut up and go to a site when your views are of some interest.

Archived