IGNORED

Praise For Tinman...

Martyn Hocking

Whilst I have grown to view BT's appointment as manager of BCFC as a bad mistake, I felt huge pride last night seeing Lita's name on the scoresheet for the under 21s.

Congrats to Brian for having the courage to stick such a young kid in the team week in, week out. You've made some shocking decisions this season, but Leroy is your shining success.

Well_Red

Whilst I have grown to view BT's appointment as manager of BCFC as a bad mistake, I felt huge pride last night seeing Lita's name on the scoresheet for the under 21s.

Congrats to Brian for having the courage to stick such a young kid in the team week in, week out. You've made some shocking decisions this season, but Leroy is your shining success.

Well_Red

Well said it's about time we looked at the positives that have come out of this season. And Lita is a BIG positive. Good luck to him for the rest of the season and Tinnion. Its about time we turned the corner.

Well_Red

don't like to be a party pooper, but what has Leroy playing for England achieved for Bristol City?

Am I wrong in looking ahead to another "Liam Rosenior"? Leroy gone on a free, or minimal compensation, next summer, and we could still be languishing in this division.

So, 3 years paying and developing Leroy, followed by one where he scores a few goals but we don't go up. So where does that get us? We get to say we had an England Under-21 player. Big Deal.

Tins and SteveL, if you're listening, it may seem good now, but I can see a lot of disillusionment with the "Leroy situation" come the end of the season. Hope you prove me wrong.

don't like to be a party pooper, but what has Leroy playing for England achieved for Bristol City?

Am I wrong in looking ahead to another "Liam Rosenior"? Leroy gone on a free, or minimal compensation, next summer, and we could still be languishing in this division.

So, 3 years paying and developing Leroy, followed by one where he scores a few goals but we don't go up. So where does that get us? We get to say we had an England Under-21 player. Big Deal.

Tins and SteveL, if you're listening, it may seem good now, but I can see a lot of disillusionment with the "Leroy situation" come the end of the season. Hope you prove me wrong.

Interesting points made, I too am beside myself with pride for Lita, I have never before wanted someone to score so much as Lita last night, even though it could indeed seal his fate for the club that i love so dear too.

Praise must goto Brian who has given Lita his chances in the team and he as rewarded BT with some key performances.

Still find it hard to get my head round Leroy Lita of Bristol scores for England, albit u21's.... who cares!?

I hope Lita signs a new contract thus enabling the club to get some payback if he does decide to leave, i personally think Bristol City is the club he should stick with, we love him here and he's on his way to cult status only achived by a hadful of players in Citys history.

Maybe he may be too young to realize this, or maybe his ambition will take him forward beyond us, whatever happens I wish the kid lots of luck, he deserves it.

:whistle:

He has stuck with Lita week in week out and got his reward both on the City turf but also on the international. Leroy filled us all up with pride last night and the goal infront of 30,000+ can only give him more and more confidence. Its going to fire him on and spur him on to bang in some more goals for the reds.

This is one of the very few things Tins has done right IMO and it can only do us (City) good in the long run :whistle:

You're right.  Let's save all the heartbreak and anguish and get rid of him now while we have no chance of going up... :whistle:

The points I was making were:

1) Leroy playing for England is no good to Bristol City, probably the opposite cos it puts him even more in the shop window. Therefore I don't share the apparent jubilation of most on here. I want Bristol City in the Premiership, not promising Bristol City players winning under-21 caps before they leave for "better" places. I don't think its good he played for England cos it proves we have a top player, cos we knew that anyway. We also knew that with Andy Cole, and what good did that do us, apart from a profit, which takes me on to my next point.

2) I can see another "good player out of contract leaving for peanuts" situation looming. It's inevitable he will leave, unless we go up, and he might even then. I think Stead went from Huddesrfield to Blackburn for £1.2 million, anything less than that for Leroy, whether its summer 2005 or summer 2006, will be a travesty.

Archived