IGNORED

Tommy D.

Grandad48

I for one was and still am a great admirer of Tommy D he is the type of player that a lot of managers like to have in their squad, he is a tough tackling midfielder, with a good eye (not sure about the other one) and twelve months ago I would have been angry and devastated if we had even considered selling him. BUT !

I do believe that the time is right for him to now go, Brian Tinnion doesn't suffer fools gladly, and I am afraid that Tommy obvioulsy doesn't get on well with BT,and he has lost his fitness and desire for the game, Danny Wilson could understand him and knew how to handle the tempremental little Irish Bristolian,

and if the rumours are correct being seperated from Danny Coles must be a great improvement to.

In one breath I would be very sorry to lose him, but I know that he must go and if any offer over £300,000 comes in I would be inclined take it.

I say good luck to Tommy wherever he goes as it is inevitable that he will, a lot of talented and gifted players have come through the ranks over the years and have seemed to vanish in to thin air hope the same doesn't happen to Tommy.

I would be very sorry to lose him, but I know that he must go and if any offer over £300,000 comes in I would be inclined  take it.

I'm not sure we'll get offers of that amount. City fans can see that Tommy struggles to play 45 minutes without being knackered, booked or both and you can bet that those writing the cheques in the world of football will know that too. An average of less than 30 games a season over his career hardly represents a good return on a significant investment.

Given the tougher physical demands of the Championship, I'd be surprised if anyone at that level wanted to spend good money on him. Tommy has all the ability to play at a higher level, but if he doesn't sort himself out now, then in a couple of years time he'll find himself at Forest Green or stacking shelves at Asda.

The coffee's on Tom. Wake up and smell it.

In my opinion the main reason Tommy has not been playing well is the "legend" that is Brian Tinnion. Tommy obviously didn't agree with his appointment and I doubt Tinnion likes him either. On his day I think he is the best player in our squad and I feel the fact that he has to compete with Binman for a position is a large part of the problem for him.

That said, I don't think Tommy can be called a "model professional" by any stretch of the imagination. I have lost count of the number of times I have seen him with fags and beer in hand in town, but then again, he's not the only one.

I think it is only fair on Tommy that if a decent offer comes in we let him go, but I for one will be sad to see him leave.

great player and worth the gate money on his own when playing at the top of his game.

The problem is he thinks to much of himself to start with, has too many off field vices and because he is young and a bit thick (to be honest) will not realise how close he is to going down hill fast.

I certainly do not think it is worth selling him for a token amount, but those at the club will know him better then I and hopefully will do the right thing for city. ehether to sell or keep him.

Somehow I cannot see him knuckling down to some hardcore training.

He is the type that at school was always slopping off to behind the bike sheds for a quick fag and coming back to class with a smug grin thinking he was dead hard!!

Hard, my ar$e!

in a word, bye :Wave:

Regardless of your opinions on how your manager got the job or how you get on with him, you should show true professionalism and put that aside, even more so when you are in a job in which so many hopes and aspirations are depended upon. If Tommy D has let all this effect his performance on the pitch then it is exactly this very kind of disgraceful, unprofessional approach which has seen this club languish and underperform in this pesh league for so long. Good riddance.

• Admin
in a word, bye :Wave:

Regardless of your opinions on how your manager got the job or how you get on with him, you should show true professionalism and put that aside, even more so when you are in a job in which so many hopes and aspirations are depended upon. If Tommy D has let all this effect his performance on the pitch then it is exactly this very kind of disgraceful, unprofessional approach which has seen this club languish and underperform in this pesh league for so long. Good riddance.

....at the end of the day if you or I didn't like who became our boss we either work to our potential or we get sacked. Why should football be any different?

I'm not sure we'll get offers of that amount. City fans can see that Tommy struggles to play 45 minutes without being knackered, booked or both and you can bet that those writing the cheques in the world of football will know that too. An average of less than 30 games a season over his career hardly represents a good return on a significant investment.

Given the tougher physical demands of the Championship, I'd be surprised if anyone at that level wanted to spend good money on him. Tommy has all the ability to play at a higher level, but if he doesn't sort himself out now, then in a couple of years time he'll find himself at Forest Green or stacking shelves at Asda.

The coffee's on Tom. Wake up and smell it.

Aye - ability alone has never been enough - Premiership potential (on his day) but a Sunday League mindset that's the Doc, sad but true.

This season's "shape up" message came before the end of August, almost uniquely for City it has been backed-up by the "ship out" one following the Chesterfield embarrassment.

And, glory be, it hasn't been dressed up in the normal mealey-mouthed footy speak but instead the message is writ large that this club demands high professional standards from its employees.

No doubt the cosy clubbers will still find their apologists though.

Aye - ability alone has never been enough - Premiership potential (on his day) but a Sunday League mindset that's the Doc, sad but true.

This season's "shape up" message came before the end of August, almost uniquely for City it has been backed-up by the "ship out" one following the Chesterfield embarrassment.

And, glory be, it hasn't been dressed up in the normal mealey-mouthed footy speak but instead the message is writ large that this club demands high professional standards from its employees.

No doubt the cosy clubbers will still find their apologists though.

Well said.

Archived