IGNORED

don't Go Tommy

Geesus the City fan

well, if the guesses and rumours are true, and Tommy wants to leave because he doens't like Tinman, then he's hardly going to want to play for Holloway, is he? I mean, Tommys a City boy through and through, and if he can't play for tinnion, a city 'legend' he's not going to want to play for a gashead, is he? If personal problems are the reason he wants to leave rather than money or whatever that is.

well, if the guesses and rumours are true, and Tommy wants to leave because he doens't like Tinman, then he's hardly going to want to play for Holloway, is he? I mean, Tommys a City boy through and through, and if he can't play for tinnion, a city 'legend' he's not going to want to play for a gashead, is he? If personal problems are the reason he wants to leave rather than money or whatever that is.

About time I had a go at some wild speculation regarding relationships in the squad, everyone else is :whistle:

So here goes...

Tinnion wasn't popular with a certain section of the squad because he abstained from the good ole nite on the town and was seen as a bit of a wet lettuce/golden boy, and wasn't shy of saying he didn't think it was on to be out drinking to 3am when you're a pro footballer.

Now Coles and Doherty don't like it that they're stuck in the third with golden boy as boss, and they've proved him right by being awful this season. I imagine losing Matthews, Peacock and the rest of the "nite on the town" crew, as well as the fact that new arrivals to the club are more professional has done nothing to improve their happiness.

Personally I think Tommy is a good footballer but he's only considered so important because of the "hard tackles" that we Bristolians seem to love, all the while ignoring the fact that he hasn't been capable of 90 minutes of 100% effort for years.

Getting rid of both if they can't get their attitudes right is good business even if they go on a free, we don't have to pay their wages then.

Despite the overused cliches and poor league position I do like the change in culture that Tinnion seems to be bringing to the first team squad and I think in the long run the culture shift could be more important than promotion this season. Tactical nouse and coaching skills can be taught and learned, attitude can't.

It's hard to be accurate about what's going on from the outside looking in though.

Nibor

About time I had a go at some wild speculation regarding relationships in the squad, everyone else is :whistle:

So here goes...

Tinnion wasn't popular with a certain section of the squad because he abstained from the good ole nite on the town and was seen as a bit of a wet lettuce/golden boy, and wasn't shy of saying he didn't think it was on to be out drinking to 3am when you're a pro footballer.

Now Coles and Doherty don't like it that they're stuck in the third with golden boy as boss, and they've proved him right by being awful this season.  I imagine losing Matthews, Peacock and the rest of the "nite on the town" crew, as well as the fact that new arrivals to the club are more professional has done nothing to improve their happiness.

Personally I think Tommy is a good footballer but he's only considered so important because of the "hard tackles" that we Bristolians seem to love, all the while ignoring the fact that he hasn't been capable of 90 minutes of 100% effort for years.

Getting rid of both if they can't get their attitudes right is good business even if they go on a free, we don't have to pay their wages then.

Despite the overused cliches and poor league position I do like the change in culture that Tinnion seems to be bringing to the first team squad and I think in the long run the culture shift could be more important than promotion this season.  Tactical nouse and coaching skills can be taught and learned, attitude can't.

It's hard to be accurate about what's going on from the outside looking in though.

Nibor

I wasn't trying to say that I think Tommy's right to not want to play for personal reasons, I was just saying if he can't play for Tins he's not going to play for Holloway. If it's true that he ad Coles are playing badly because they don't like the fact that Tins doesn't like them drinking all night, then they need to leave. If they want to drink all night, they need to get some crappy job in an office, or stacking shelves where they can go out drinking every night, or every weekend, and not have it reflect on their performances. Being a professinal footballer is a privilge not a right, and if they're not going to treat it as one, they can go.

Guest hairyshamrock

Let him go!!!! If he thinks he's too good for us, then lets just wait to see him struggle in the Championship!! There's nothing like seeing a player fall flat on his a$$ when he thinks he's too good.

I wasn't trying to say that I think Tommy's right to not want to play for personal reasons, I was just saying if he can't play for Tins he's not going to play for Holloway. If it's true that he ad Coles are playing badly because they don't like the fact that Tins doesn't like them drinking all night, then they need to leave. If they want to drink all night, they need to get some crappy job in an office, or stacking shelves where they can go out drinking every night, or every weekend, and not have it reflect on their performances. Being a professinal footballer is a privilge not a right, and if they're not going to treat it as one, they can go.

I'm just going to point out that what I wrote was complete speculation with no firm basis whatsoever. I've seen Doherty and a couple of the others out drinking now and then but I wouldn't say they were hammered and I've got no idea if that's the truth behind it all.

What happens in the long term will be the only indicator of whether Tinnion has got it right or not.

Nibor

I want Tommy D to stay because he is a bcfc fan and when he is giving the team 100% on and off the pitch is a fantastic player for the club.

He is one of the reasons why I buy a season ticket.

I hope he stays and gives Tinnion 100% and Tinnion gives him 100% as a manager.

I do feel with Tommy D and Mr T at AG giving City 100% we can get promotion this season. Him leaving would be a blow to that.

I want Tommy D to stay because he is a bcfc fan and when he is giving the team 100% on and off the pitch is a fantastic player for the club.

He is one of the reasons why I buy a season ticket.

I hope he stays and gives Tinnion 100% and Tinnion gives him 100% as a manager.

I do feel with Tommy D and Mr T at AG giving City 100% we can get promotion this season. Him leaving would be a blow to that.

Him being a boyhood BCFC fan makes it that much worse when he doesn't give 100%.

It is not just himself, Tinman or the Club he is letting down, but most importantly his fellow City fans. How many of us could imagine getting the chance of a career playing for City and then contemplating ever giving less than 100% for ANY reason? Its absolutely inexcusable.

Mind you, if your name is roared by your devotees even when you're contributing very little, its easier to see why you might not drive yourself on.

A case of familiarity breeding contempt? maybe, and a parting of the ways seems the best way forward for all concerned.

By the way, i get my season ticket to watch BCFC play attacking, hopefully winning football, and 11 players trying like hell for the shirt. I'm not overly concerned about the individuals wearing it though no doubt we all have our favourites.

The thing that would stop me renewing would be to see more players displaying the apparent attitude of Coles and Doherty this season.

If players' demeanour and effort on the pitch indicates that their hearts aren't in it then their priviliged lifestyle is not going to be supported by my money.

Archived