IGNORED

Doherty For Macleod?

And Its Smith

Just spoke to my hoops season ticket holding mate . His take on Macleod is that he is a great crosser of the ball, works up and down the line well but can sometimes beat three men and do something stupid and needs a run of games in the side to bring out the best in him. He's a good header of the ball and has played up front though not the best defensively. Hoops accepted £125,000 offer, don't think a straight swap is on and he does'nt sound as though he's much better than we've already got except for an ability to cross the ball.

Just spoke to my hoops season ticket holding mate . His take on Macleod is that he is a great crosser of the ball, works up and down the line well but can sometimes beat three men and do something stupid and needs a run of games in the side to bring out the best in him. He's a good header of the ball and has played up front though not the best defensively. Hoops accepted £125,000 offer, don't think a straight swap is on and he does'nt sound as though he's much better than we've already got except for an ability to cross the ball.

I think Goodfellows a decent crosser of the ball, but as he hardly ever plays and Tins prefers a right sided midfielder, wide on the left, we may never know!

If I was looking for that type of player we could do a lot worse than Doncasters' McIndoe.

If McCleod is a player City have been after anyway, then a part exchange could kill two birds with one stone. That's assuming Doherty is still rated at more than 125k.

If he's just a surplus player at QPR who Hollowhead wants to get rid of and just 'might' fit the bill for us then forget it. We don't weant another John Burns.

Problem is it's hard to see Skeletal letting a genuinely good player go to Bristol City.

Incidently, isn't McCleod known as Rooney's best mate after their time together in Everton's reserves?

Guest BlackthornRed

Who really cares if he's Rooney's mate?? Its not as if that will make him a better player is it? I think he's a pile of rubbish and we could do a lot better than him in exchange for the Doc. What has BCFC come to, exchanging internationals for Chester's Shopping list No1 :whistle:

I think the absence of a left sided midfielder is the biggest single gap in our squad.

If Tinnion can do his homework on this guy and make sure he's worth having (we don't want another Dinning on our hands) then provided QPR stump up 100k or so as well as him it seems ideal.

It is more important that we have a squad of players who respect and play for the manager, than a group of more talented individuals.

McLeod, Orr, Gillespie and Brown, we'd have more Scousers than Brookside!

Guest BlackthornRed

I agree totally with you sipowicz; but the answer is not McLeod, I think that there are others out there with similar ability but cheaper or a possible loan signing. Another 100K wasted, nobody wants that.

The answer is loan Doc to QPR for a month and get McLoad for a month to have a look at him.

Imagine this: Doc gets booked for dissent in his first game for Hollow and has to sit out a two match ban on QPR wages. And Mcload comes in almost Aaronesque to fill the left sided midfeild hole suppling an endles stream of service to the front two. Brooker flick-ons feed Leroy and super sub, Heffs. Tins can stop playing and start managing and Wilkshire becomes the playmaker.....

Well, I'm bored.

Imagine this Tommy goes out on loan , improves his fitness and plays to his enormous potential. Brian Tinnion swallows his pride & ego and puts Tommy back in the starting 11.

I was thinking the same why would we want to swap a player when we could loan him to plymouth. Let him sort his head out see what he wants to do get his fitness up.

Guest happy chappy

Why does everybody keep saying tommy d must sort his head out just because Tinion keeps saying it.....I think Tinnion is brainwashing everyone and trying to distroy Tommy's confidence and credibility in the process.

Who really cares if he's Rooney's mate?? Its not as if that will make him a better player is it? I think he's a pile of rubbish and we could do a lot better than him in exchange for the Doc. What has BCFC come to, exchanging internationals for Chester's Shopping list No1  :whistle:

No need to get so agitated Blackthorn, it was only an aside which may be of interest to some people.

I've no idea of McCleod's nationality, but if he qualifies for Northern Ireland then there's a strong chance he'll get capped. After all, he plays in the division above Doc.

They have hardly any players to choose from, and if you look at their team you'll see that you don't necessarily have to be what is usually thought of as 'International Class' to play for them.

Macleod, Goodfellow, Anyinsah, Wilkshire, tomorrow Brown. Could get a little crowded on the left....but the question is, who is best on the left, who wants to be on the left and who will be left out.

goodfellow on every answer :P

Archived