IGNORED

Tommy For Qpr ?

Franklin CITY

• Admin
West London papers are saying that Hollow head is keen to secure Tommy.

No doubt to be replaced by another journeyman who gets on with the arse in charge. (Just what has he got against Bristolians)

The 'local lads' haven't got us out of this division yet, have they? and Chelsea seem to be doing OK without four or five West London lads in their team.

Where is Hollowhead going to get the money from if he could only just about scrape £100k together for Matt Hill?  I like the thought of £150k and Macleod be fair.

The teams in the running to sign Tommy are - QPR, Preston North End, and Plymouth,

How do i know :whistle: that will be telling :P:cool: just trust me it's true.

West London papers are saying that Hollow head is keen to secure Tommy.

No doubt to be replaced by another journeyman who gets on with the arse in charge. (Just what has he got against Bristolians)

Bristolians we've 'lost' or may 'lose':

Aaron Brown, replace in squad with Joe Anyinsah.

Matthew Hill, / Scott Golbourne.

Joe Burnell, / Ryan Harley.

Tommy Doherty, / Scott Brown.

Danny Coles, / Clayton Fortune.

(Louis Carey, / Louis Carey.)

All Bristolian, Academy or picked up as youngsters.

Not as good you may say. Well how will we ever know if Bristolians who have not achieved for City or are stagnating are kept on ad infinitum stopping these youngsters getting a chance. All of them could have big futures in the game.

Out with the old and in with the new, and if they don't prove up to it, bring on the next lot. That's the huge plus of having the conveyer belt of local talent we call the Academy.

Fortune and brown arent from Bristol though.

I didn't say they were.

As i said, I'm counting anyone who comes to the club as youngsters, whether they've got a Bristol accent or not.

The Academy reaches out far further than the borders of Bristol but i would count anyone who comes through it as home grown even if like Woodman or Lita for instance they originate from elsewhere.

Anyway my point was we've got plenty more youngsters waiting for their chance, many of them Bristolians, but being Bristolian is only important if they've got the quality and desire to go with it.

That stands for first teamers and Academy alike.

The 'local lads' haven't got us out of this division yet, have they? and Chelsea seem to be doing OK without four or five West London lads in their team.

Absolutely right. Why is there this fixation with having Bristolians in the team? Surely it is better to have eleven decent players regardless of origin. The days of Bristol City comprising only Bristolians and Birmingham City only players from Birmingham have long gone. What grates me the most is that most of the problems that have surfaced this season appear to those of the Bristolian players. If you were really that proud to play for City you surely still put in 100% effort, whatever your opinions on the manager, wouldn't you?

How many Bristolians in the last 30 years originating from our club have actually reached the top level in this country? Merrick and Drysdale from the old first division team. Who else? Andy Cole - not Bristolian, Ralph Milne - not Bristolian. Liam Rosenior - not Bristolian.

It would be perfect if we had a squad of 20 Bristolians when we reach the Premiership but in the real world it ain't going to happen. At the moment I couldn't give a monkeys whether our players come from Withywood, Boreham Wood, Totterdown, Tottenham or wherever as long as we start to make a move in the right direction.

Absolutely right. Why is there this fixation with having Bristolians in the team? Surely it is better to have eleven decent players regardless of origin. The days of Bristol City comprising only Bristolians and Birmingham City only players from Birmingham have long gone. What grates me the most is that most of the problems that have surfaced this season appear to those of the Bristolian players. If you were really that proud to play for City you surely still put in 100% effort, whatever your opinions on the manager, wouldn't you?

How many Bristolians in the last 30 years originating from our club have actually reached the top level in this country? Merrick and Drysdale from the old first division team. Who else? Andy Cole - not Bristolian, Ralph Milne - not Bristolian. Liam Rosenior - not Bristolian.

It would be perfect if we had a squad of 20 Bristolians when we reach the Premiership but in the real world it ain't going to happen. At the moment I couldn't give a monkeys whether our players come from Withywood, Boreham Wood, Totterdown, Tottenham or wherever as long as we start to make a move in the right direction.

I completely agree.

Times have changed, the only thing that really matters is whether they put it in on the pitch.

The likes of Wayne Allison and Gary Shelton may have been journeymen but their attitude was spot on, whereas the shower that Pulis brought in were wasters.

Tinnion will stand or fall by results, so he should ensure his team is made up of players who will play for him, and the two local lads in question clearly don't.

Final nostalgic point, Tainton, Collier, Rodgers, Cashley and Fear were Bristolians too, but that was a long time ago.

Archived