IGNORED

Cureton

Beezey

According to the Evil post today we are once again speaking to Jamies agent, We would have to pay a fee to the club who hold his registration (believed to be in the region of £100,000)

My question is do we need him ?

With Lita proving what he can do given a chance and other areas of the team would seem to be a higher priority at this time.

What do people think ?

Guest rasherpudding

I agree, I dont think we need Cureton. It is very hard not to give Leroy a game after his show at Brentford. I think he should have statred against Bounemouth, or got at least half an hour. Miller was nothing special, worked hard, but to what effect?

We have to give the lad a chance soon or he will be anoth Rosinor.

Of course we need him!

At the end of the day, the man is proven quality at this level AND the level we are trying to get to.

Clubs will always make room for quality players and for me. Cureton is the genuine article.

TFE posted a link to Cureton's career stats earlier in this thread, they show that Cureton scores a goal nearly every other game. Call it one goal every two games.

Everyone is raving about how good our defence is and how we are the meanest in the division, but let's not forget that out of the top 6 clubs in the second division at the moment.....only Wrexham have scored fewer than us.

It would take a brave man to say that we wouldn't have got promoted last year if we had managed to secure the services of Mark Robins at the back end of last season. Here is a chance to secure another proven goalscorer in the traditional sense of the word and I for one hope our board and manager are pulling out all of the stops to make this happen.

Come on City!!

Guest Ciderhead Reynolds

his record speaks for itself!! and I'm sure with a top finisher like jamie at the club it could onlt benefit younger players at the club such as lita too.

If the City fans are willing to Welcome him and forget about his past then I'm sure City would be a good career move for him, With Jamie on the books i dont see how we wouldnt go up !

Come on son , join the Red Army

Cureton would be an extremely useful addition to any squad in the Nationwide League (Divisions 1, 2 and 3). Scored goals for Rovers at this level, and also at Reading in the 1st division.

The major problem would be any potential fee to the Korean club, and possibly wages. I hope that if this story is true, then we are taking the first steps to making a very good signing :( .

i know it is horrible for leroy lita but we need more goals. Just imagine a cureton-lita partnership.  :wub: but then theres peacock and miller and roberts :( its worse than chelseas strikeforce

Of course it's worse than Chelsea's strike force, we don't have the money to go out and buy the likes of Hasslebaink, Crespo, Gudjonson etc :P

Cureton is without doubt a proven goalscorer. The only things that worry me are:

1. He turned down UK clubs because he wanted to move abroad, shich suggests to me he was out for a good time rather than concentrating on his career - especially as when he didn't like it in Korea he quit rather than stick it out.

2. Is he fit? After such a long time without much football are we buying the same player who has an impressive record, or someone past his best?

Guest Harry May

I think alot of forum users have short memories . Do n't any of you lot remember the treatment he recieved from a significant proportion of the Ashton Gate faithful the last time he played against us ? His family were in the stand . Alot of you might have forgotten that welcome , but I bet he has n't - it was unforgivable if you were the person on the recieving end of it. But let's pretend he has fogotten or forgiven.

So , we pay his signing on fee , pay any compensation to the Korean club - and he does n't score in the first few games - how are certain sections of City fans going to treat him ? And how will he react to that treatment ? The same as he always did when he played against us , by going into a shell and bottling it.

I hope he does n't join us . There are better options for us , and for him also.

Caldicot Red.

I say Danny boy should sign a few more forwards because we are obviously short in that dept and lets face it we have an abundance of wingers at the club. Even better to sign an ex Gas head who turned us down in the summer to go to Korea and one we have to pay a fee for !

Steve Lansdown stop this nonsense before the man wrecks the finances any further

Guest GASBUSTER

cureton would be a good signing BUT does that mean 1 or 2 of our strikers might go on the tranfer list .

eg:peacock is contract ends in the summer.

matthews on loan up north might not get back into the team, and gets injured alot and i do feel sorry for him as he puts in 100% when hes onthe pitch.

Archived