IGNORED

Well, Who Is There?

Ian M

• Admin

The frustrating thing about all this is that in the past when a manager has been underperforming, there has usually been an out of work manager you can point towards and realistically expect them to join us if offered the job and improve us but I'm honestly struggling to think of one this time.

Poaching a manager from another club is unlikely due to the cost factor and the only one below us worth anything is probably Johnson at Yeovil but he turned down a move to a Championship side in favour of staying with Yeovil so I doubt he'd want to move to a League One club given that that is exactly what Yeovil will be in a few months time.

I like Tins, can see what he's trying to do OFF the pitch, but ON it there just doesn't seem to be any direction and at the end of the day, that is where it really matters.

I guess there's Gordon Strachan, but why would he want to join us? :yawn:;)

Not a bad shout at all.

Will the board consider him though? Their track record doesn't inspire much confidence.

Jones knows how to get out of this division (and the one above), plenty of experience, good contacts etc (and currently out of work=no compensation).

Go on SL, give him a ring!

I heard people tonight mention Russell Osman for the remainder of th season I'm not saying I agree but he kept the gas up last season.

The only 2 managers who I admire in the lower leagues are

Gary Johnson

Jon Ward

both doing well on shoe string budgets, as well as Leroy at Torquay.

I don't have a clue who could do the job for us, I'm just wishing currently that DW was still at the gate.

I cannot put into words what I have seen at the gate tonight!

Guest ashtonyate
I heard people tonight mention Russell Osman for the remainder of th season I'm not saying I agree but he kept the gas up last season.

The only 2 managers who I admire in the lower leagues are

Gary Johnson

Jon Ward

both doing well on shoe string budgets, as well as Leroy at Torquay.

I don't have a clue who could do the job for us, I'm just wishing currently that DW was still at the gate.

I cannot put into words what I have seen at the gate tonight!

Garry Owers Bath

Things just aren't going right at all. I cringed when it was announced who Wilsons successor was, and unfortunately my initial reaction is proving to be correct.

As much as I like Tinnion, I honestly can't see him lasting beyond the end of the season.

My only hope now that the playoffs are seemingly (although not mathematically) out of the question, is that we start playing decent football and begin to show glimpses of promise for next year between now and the end of the season, because the way we are playing at the moment I am seriously considering whether I should renew my season ticket or not. It's not cheap, and the football on offer does not show value for money - I personally cannot afford to effectively throw £300+ away.

My other worry is that the attendances are slowly dropping as well. Just over 10,000 tonight, but how many of those were season ticket holders? I seriously doubt that there were many "floating" fans there tonight.

At this moment in time I feel completely disillusioned, disappointed and very let down.

Guest Anduril
Come back Danny

:yawn:

R U MAD?! Danny could not pick a team to save his life/job. Nice bloke, shame about his selections. We would have gone up last year if he had picked the best 11 each week ... we would have gone up the year before and the year before THAT if he had not seemed to think, contrary to all evidence, that Joe Burnell was a football player!!!

Dave Jones would definatly be the best choice given who is out there/affordable.

1 man i'd like to see down there if we could tempt him would be Neal Cooper from Hartlepool.  Sadly he'd cost money.

You're on the right lines, what about Martin Scott? He has learnt the trade under Cooper and now should be ready to take on the job.

Tinnion bypassed the assistant bit and landed right into the hotseat. I like Tinnion but now feel his lack of experience is going to cost him.

R U MAD?! Danny could not pick a team to save his life/job. Nice bloke, shame about his selections. We would have gone up last year if he had picked the best 11 each week ... we would have gone up the year before and the year before THAT if he had not seemed to think, contrary to all evidence, that Joe Burnell was a football player!!!

Better than Tinman :yawn:

Guest Champagne Football
You're on the right lines, what about Martin Scott? He has learnt the trade under Cooper and now should be ready to take on the job.

Tinnion bypassed the assistant bit and landed right into the hotseat. I like Tinnion but now feel his lack of experience is going to cost him.

Yeah, Martin Scott is a good choice, as is Dave Jones...

For what it is worth I'll throw in George Graham and Graham Taylor! This is getting a bit absurd now!

Can we afford to be paying 3 managers this season?! Wilson is still on a full wage this season, Tinnion would be paid off if he got the boot, then we would have to pay a small fortune for another one!

Yeah but then we could bring them altogether and create a super-manager :yawn:

Archived