IGNORED

Gutted

Cidergal

So here we find ourselves, 3 months until the end of the season, wandering whether we will squeeze into the play-offs by some miracle. We have some of the divisions best players - Steve Phillips, Luke Wilkshire, Scott Brown, Leroy Lita, Steve Brooker, Tommy Doherty, Paul Heffernan, Steven Gillespie (the list goes on) and yet still find ourselves behind the likes of Hartlepool (who no disrespect to them - they deserve to be where they are - do not even slightly have the quality of players we do).

So why, I ask are we in 7th place of a division with no Qpr's or Wigan's with this squad? (- who are in my opinion by far the best bunch of INDIVIDUAL players in the whole division).

The answer has to be management. The tactics seem to be so obviously wrong that every single fan can see a simple solution. At the beginning of the season, though annoyed at my team doing badly, I was willing to accept that Tinnion was new to this business and was going to need a little time to adjust. But it is now February. We have struggled to keep any sort of convincing good form all season. Tinnion will say that it is players lack of desire, not wanting to play for the club or whatever - but it comes down to SIMPLE tactical changes.

I am obviously not a football manager, but it simply seems logical to me that when drawing 0-0 at home (like tonight for example) - to bring on Steven Gillespie for at LEAST the last 20 minutes. But instead we use all our subs by the 60 minute mark and are left with a team with absolutely no width, and little pace - with Leroy undoubtably tired from tuesday.

I was not at the game, so it will probably seem harsh for those who have been for me to be commenting on tactics, but I just think that when you have a young player with the quality and hunger of Gills - you have to use him.

It's so frustrating to see my team - a team with such potential and promise to be stuck in 7th place of league one. Our squad is young and bloody talented, but we are not a team. When we play on a Saturday we are 11 talented INDIVIDUALS - and I can only blame this on Tinnion. Why? Because I have never witnessed this problem before with City.

This is the first time I have really thought this... and I'm sure there will be many who agree:

Tinnion - sort it out, or OUT you go.

Its worrying that you didnt go to the game yet got the analysis exactly right. If people who don't even see the play can realise that using all our subs defensively after 60 mins isnt gona work then how does tins not realise?

cause tinnion don't have a clue. theres your answer mate :yawn:

Its worrying that you didnt go to the game yet got the analysis exactly right. If people who don't even see the play can realise that using all our subs defensively after 60 mins isnt gona work then how does tins not realise?

Just what i was thinking mate , shows how UTTERLY clueless tinnion is. We really didnt know what we were doing tonight , i await a long speach from tinnion about how we didnt show enough desire etc, instead of saying what he thinks the fans want to hear , why doesnt he concentrate on his job. :yawn:

So here we find ourselves, 3 months until the end of the season, wandering whether we will squeeze into the play-offs by some miracle. We have some of the divisions best players - Steve Phillips, Luke Wilkshire, Scott Brown, Leroy Lita, Steve Brooker, Tommy Doherty, Paul Heffernan, Steven Gillespie (the list goes on) and yet still find ourselves behind the likes of Hartlepool (who no disrespect to them - they deserve to be where they are - do not even slightly have the quality of players we do).

So why, I ask are we in 7th place of a division with no Qpr's or Wigan's with this squad? (- who are in my opinion by far the best bunch of INDIVIDUAL players in the whole division).

The answer has to be management. The tactics seem to be so obviously wrong that every single fan can see a simple solution. At the beginning of the season, though annoyed at my team doing badly, I was willing to accept that Tinnion was new to this business and was going to need a little time to adjust. But it is now February. We have struggled to keep any sort of convincing good form all season. Tinnion will say that it is players lack of desire, not wanting to play for the club or whatever - but it comes down to SIMPLE tactical changes.

I am obviously not a football manager, but it simply seems logical to me that when drawing 0-0 at home (like tonight for example) - to bring on Steven Gillespie for at LEAST the last 20 minutes. But instead we use all our subs by the 60 minute mark and are left with a team with absolutely no width, and little pace - with Leroy undoubtably tired from tuesday.

I was not at the game, so it will probably seem harsh for those who have been for me to be commenting on tactics, but I just think that when you have a young player with the quality and hunger of Gills - you have to use him.

It's so frustrating to see my team - a team with such potential and promise to be stuck in 7th place of league one. Our squad is young and bloody talented, but we are not a team. When we play on a Saturday we are 11 talented INDIVIDUALS - and I can only blame this on Tinnion. Why? Because I have never witnessed this problem before with City.

This is the first time I have really thought this... and I'm sure there will be many who agree:

Tinnion - sort it out, or OUT you go.

its not always about quality its about the players feeling each other on that pitch,

To be honest, you are right! I try not to moan too much but really enough is enough. Man for man we have got better players than Luton, for example, yet something is going horribly wrong. I have mates who support Brentford and despite having no money they have a solid, hard working team with a positive and inspiring manager..... and are 5 points above us with games in hand! We have the strongest squad I can remember in years yet are struggling big time. BT is a top man but maybe not a top manager.....

Archived