IGNORED

Blaming The Wrong Man

Keepers Ball

At the final whistle there were boos,f off Tinnions,rubbish this that etc ontop of constant Tinnion bashing on this here forum.But lets get something straight here.Tinnion should not be blamed.(cue backlash).

My reason for this statement is simply because he has never done this before.He may never improve as a manager for no matter how long he tries.At the end of the day he tries the only way he can.He is the equivalent to a youngster starting out in his first professional season. It is'nt his fault, it is'nt good enough.

He was offered the job,he took it.Simple as.

If anyone is to be blamed it has to be Steve Lansdown.And no I'm not starting a "Chairman out campaign".He is the best we've ever had in living memory.But you have to admit he shot himself in the foot here.

The reason I write this is because as Tinnion was walking towards the tunnel at full-time there were not only boos in his direction but some gesturing towards him.

Surely Brian Tinnion does'nt deserve that ?

At the final whistle there were boos,f off Tinnions,rubbish this that etc ontop of constant Tinnion bashing on this here forum.But lets get something straight here.Tinnion should not be blamed.(cue backlash).

My reason for this statement is simply because he has never done this before.He may never improve as a manager for no matter how long he tries.At the end of the day he tries the only way he can.He is the equivalent to a youngster starting out in his first professional season. It is'nt his fault it is'nt good enough.

If anyone is to be blamed it has to be Steve Lansdown.And no I'm not starting a "Chairman out campaign".He is the best we've ever had in living memory.But you have to admit he shot himself in the foot here.

The reason I write this is because as Tinnion was walking towards the tunnel at full-time there were not only boos in his direction but some gesturing towards him.

Completely agree Tisn was the chairmans risk. He had no experence and never made promises only that he would give 100% every day as manager of this club which I believe he is doing but his best just aint good enough!

My reason for this statement is simply because he has never done this before.He may never improve as a manager for no matter how long he tries.At the end of the day he tries the only way he can.He is the equivalent to a youngster starting out in his first professional season. It is'nt his fault it is'nt good enough.

Totaly agree with you,the bloke is a legend. I hate all this slagging of Tins, i feel for the bloke. Think its all going to get to much for the bloke though, the next few days are going to be hard for him. :yawn:

My reason for this statement is simply because he has never done this before.He may never improve as a manager for no matter how long he tries.At the end of the day he tries the only way he can.He is the equivalent to a youngster starting out in his first professional season. It is'nt his fault, it is'nt good enough.

theres no doubt hes trying, he and us wanted him to be a success, he just aint got what it takes, ronnie moore now, before he gets another offer.

Totaly agree with you,the bloke is a legend. I hate all this slagging of Tins, i feel for the bloke. Think its all going to get to much for the bloke though, the next few days are going to be hard for him. :yawn:

So do you not feel slightly annoyed about tonight and for that matter this whole season?

Tinnion was a legendary player. But he cannot manage BCFC.

I agree to some extent SR, Steve L is just as much to blame. I feel so sad that

all the years of commitment Tins has given to this club are being blown away

by this disaster of a season.

Tins was always on a hiding to nothing. Many fans said on here that they were

prepared to give Tins a learning season while he sorted his team and make

a promotion push next season. However, this was never going to be the case

because all us fans are sick to death of this division, he couldn't have taken

over at a worse time.

The fact that we are in the last third of the season and he still doesn't have a

clue what his best side is has made all the fans, not only less patient, but fuming.

as Tinnion was walking towards the tunnel at full-time there were not only boos in his direction but some gesturing towards him.

Unfortunately that's how some people vent their feelings. And to some, the only way they know.

Totaly agree with you,the bloke is a legend. I hate all this slagging of Tins, i feel for the bloke. Think its all going to get to much for the bloke though, the next few days are going to be hard for him. :D

LEGEND ?? :yawn:

Yes,he playe a lot of games for this club - mainly in the lower divisions.

Has little respect from fellow players & wouldn't get in my all time 11.

Still each to their own!! ;)

After a very long abscence posting on this forum, am afraid to say that Tins is proving to be every bit as bad as I feared. Legend he certainly isn't - a good third tier player, but never a performer in the second tier, never mind the top league.

At times like this I'm reminded of Scott Davidson's question to the rest of the Board at the time of Fawthrop's appointment: which other of the 92 league clubs would appoint this man as manager?

Still a good question today, and sadly, still the same answer.

After a very long abscence posting on this forum, am afraid to say that Tins is proving to be every bit as bad as I feared. Legend he certainly isn't - a good third tier player, but never a performer in the second tier, never mind the top league.

At times like this I'm reminded of Scott Davidson's question to the rest of the Board at the time of Fawthrop's appointment: which other of the 92 league clubs would appoint this man as manager?

Still a good question today, and sadly, still the same answer.

Do you have to remind us!! As if things weren't bad enough. :yawn:

BT was never a hero in my books.

And if anything I believe he is possibly the disruptive influence.

Tinnion was not "offered the job". He actively sought the position, a position he publicly said was his ultimate goal. Many in the forum feel Tinnion had the managers job sewn up before Wilson was fired. He has what he sought and a managers job is never easy. As far as his future goes, he hangs tough, or if he cant handle the heat in the kitchen,he gets out of the kitchen.

I have read many posts over the past 6 months with regard to BT and many of them with opposing views. I have kept quiet and listened to many voices but being a season ticket holder and havng to watch what has happened since BT took over I too agree with the get BT out and get someone with previous experiance of management in.

I'm sorry but the board (SL!) has to take the majority of the blame here. We all know that when DW was sacked back in the summer Brian's appointment was due to money. Unfortunately, they then spent that saving on ineffective players and not providing backup to a new and in-experienced manager. So, yes BT has to go but lets remember him as a fanastic player and servant of BCFC and so channel our disapointment at the board.

But before we go too far in critisim of them, lets remember they are funding this club!

Beaks

:yawn:

But before we go too far in critisim of them, lets remember they are funding this club!

It's true. But four year ago, the club was worth around £8m in the balance sheet. Now it's down to around £2m, and that only with the support of a Rights Issue - which was mainly a means of Directors adding funds (rather than loans) to the balance sheet, whilst, incidentally, concentrating the effect of their sharholding.

Never mind the football disasters: the last four years has seen a fall in sharholder value that would seen any PLC board in the country sacked by shareholders. The only consolation here, is that at least the Board are finacially responsible for their own performance.

The worry, of course, is where will it end: annual rights issues, administration or ground sell off???

Guest hairyshamrock

If he didn't feel he could do the job, he shouldn't have taken it. Or if he's struggling and his useless sidekick "Milley" has less tactical nouse than the Gas back 4 then he should ask for help. But i think that may be out of his hands soon... watch the website this week or next...

No, BT doesn't deserve that.

The Board must take the blame for the positon the club now finds itself in. BT has been a great servant to this club for the past 12 years and his loyalty and commitment cannot be faulted. However, it is clear that he is not ready for the manager's position at the moment. He should have been given the no2 job, assisting an experienced manager while at the same time being groomed to take over at the top in the future. Instead, he has been thrown in at the deep end, with an inexperienced assistant, the fans are turning on him and he will leave this club with a cloud hanging over him, unable to get another job in football. Hardly the reward he deserves. He was the cheap option when DW was sacked and it is unfair that it will be him who will pay the price.

As for comments that he actively sought the manager's position, we would all like jobs that we may not necessarily be right for, it's up to the employers to make the right decision.

Archived