IGNORED

Not So Much Tinnion's Fault

Guest pentlandsl

Guest pentlandsl

Whilst I don't think that Tinnion is handling the managerial role as well as he could (stop playing now and concentrate on managing please) I think he is taking unnecessary excessive stick from the fans.

The REAL problem at the moment is a load of lazy, unfit, unprofessional footballers are dishonouring the red shirt, possibly they are working together to get Tinnion the boot.

Last night there was a lack of effort, passion, determination and a general inability to master basic ball skills. The conditions were not to blame as proved by Walsall being able to trap, control and pass the ball effectively to one of their own players, something we seemed incapable of doing. When we had the ball Walsall were willing to run their socks off to deny us any space and make it difficult for us. In contrast when Walsall had the ball our players just jogged backwards slowly, giving them as much space as they needed. I doubt any City players actually broke into a sweat last night.

If I owned the club, I would be calling the players in and giving them a warning that if it happened again I would sue them for breach of their contract. Perhaps a threat to their cushy lifestyles might be the incentive they need to start playing for the club.

We desperatley need to bring in a good coach/trainer to get these players up to the level of skill expected of a professional footballer.

Whilst I don't think that Tinnion is handling the managerial role as well as he could (stop playing now and concentrate on managing please) I think he is taking unnecessary excessive stick from the fans.

The REAL problem at the moment is a load of lazy, unfit, unprofessional footballers are dishonouring the red shirt, possibly they are working together to get Tinnion the boot.

Last night there was a lack of effort, passion, determination and a general inability to master basic ball skills.  The conditions were not to blame as proved by Walsall being able to trap, control and pass the ball effectively to one of their own players, something we seemed incapable of doing.  When we had the ball Walsall were willing to run their socks off to deny us any space and make it difficult for us.  In contrast when Walsall had the ball our players just jogged backwards slowly, giving them as much space as they needed.  I doubt any City players actually broke into a sweat last night.

If I owned the club, I would be calling the players in and giving them a warning that if it happened again I would sue them for breach of their contract.  Perhaps a threat to their cushy lifestyles might be the incentive they need to start playing for the club.

We desperatley need to bring in a good coach/trainer to get these players up to the level of skill expected of a professional footballer.

You are probably right the general fitness aplication of the players is an issuse contributing to the current far from acceptable situation. Unfortunately the person you are trying to defend is the very same person who is responsible for implementing club policy with regard to these topics.

If the coach, fitness trainers are not satisfactorily performing then it is the manager is the person responsible for taking direct action to rectify this, nobody else. Ultimately if the manager is not able to do this then the Chairman and members of the board will remove the manager from his job.

Football is no different from any business with this regard. Furthermore if it was just down to players, Alex Ferguson, Venger etc, would not be getting paid the vast some of cash they do for just handing out the oranges.

Nobody would argue that players have a responsibility, they are after all said and done extremly well paid pros. But as Paul Sturroch appears to be proving at Sheff Wed it's a good leader that makes the difference.

Guest pentlandsl
Unfortunately the person you are trying to defend is the very same person who is responsible for implementing club policy with regard to these topics.

If the coach, fitness trainers are not satisfactorily performing then it is the manager is the person responsible for taking direct action to rectify this, nobody else.  Ultimately if the manager is not able to do this then the Chairman and members of the board will remove the manager from his job.

You have me wrong, I am not defending BT, I think he has made mistake after mistake and obviously does not have control of the dressing room.

The point I was making was that the players seem to be getting off lightly in the criticism on this forum. They are professionals and should play at their best regardless of who is in charge of the team. They should also be spending more time working on their basic ball skills as they are sadly lacking at this time.

You are right the players do have a massive responsibility to earn the wages that the fans and club sponsors give them. To be fair they do get their fair share of stick when it is felt that they are shirking effort.

But again you make the most valid of points, which is really what the current debate is about "obviously doesn't have control of the dressing room". If this is true and we must all have doubts then it can only be a matter of time before Brian Tinnion is replaced. This will be an enevitable but sad conclusion.

In my view the only way Brian can survive, if he is prepared to more sideways or perhaps become the assistant to a more expreienced man. I hope, if this proves to be the case, and I suspect it will. Brian's ego and pride ebable him him to do this.

Despite his current difficulties he is a "City" man and I believe he really does care and it is possibly this very point that he will be considering today. Unfortunately as I and others have posted sentiment has never been to closely asssociated with football.

Newly appointed captain Smith doent get a kick and is completely annonimous(sp), Vice Capt Brooker is absolutely dire (misses 4 golden chances and cnat control or hold on to the ball) and has a go at Fortune whos playing out of position for his distribution......

Complete lack of a left sided midfielder.....

Disharmony in the dressing room....

For me its down to the manager.

Archived