IGNORED

John Ward

Br1stolCityBoy

Guest hairyshamrock

In the words of many who have gone before me - GIMME A HELL YEAH!!!!

I'd have him back tomorrow. Better still yesterday lunch time but i can't expect the city board to change the laws of physics when they can't even appoint right last summer!

Yes or No. Would anyone like to see John Ward back as Manager? I personally thought that we played are best football for decades under him.

No! Despite what he did for us when he initially got us up - he proved he was clueless at the higher lever. We NEED someone who is here for the long haul, who wont fall apart when the going gets tough.

Its a shame Joe Jordan is happy at Portsmouth - if we were going to bring any former manager back in - id like it to be him - I'm sure he would kick some of our current squad up the backside!

Definately not.

Wardy had his time.

At this rate I would suggest a link on the BCFC.CO.UK site to Friends Re-United!

The club needs to move forward, I would hope tinnion would be some part of that. The club needs a revolution in it's approach to management and coaching.

An exprienced man a la David Pleat, who Brian could work under and gain experiance. Or may be a foreign approach, somebody with a proven track record of developing young players.

Benny would be OK with me Southport Red.

Lots of people have a very media lead (they loved Wardy) blinkered view of this guy. He was the revolutionary the club needed, anyone who thinks otherwise looks away from the £1.4M he made for the club by the sale of Jim Brennan. I only wish the time and resource given to Danny wilson was given to Benny. I have a very strong belief that we would not be debating the current issues as we are today.

He prved by beating Chelsea at Viking, what a talented coach he was / is. People forget he never was brought in to manage BCFC, but to work with John Ward. I honesty think that he could work with Tinnion and be succesful. And at the same time revolutinise the way the club is run on the playing side.

Guest pentlandsl

Ward is a good manager at this level and would currently be preferable to BT.

However I think Benny would be an excellent better choice at the moment. His coaching style, involving more work with the ball at the player's feet is sorely needed as our players are sadly lacking in those skills.

He would also bring experience and a wider knowledge of players, both here and abroad and could be better placed to strengthen the squad from a wider pool of players.

The only problem I can see with employing Benny is a player's revolt over actually having to work in training. SL would have to give him complete free reign on discipline, including being tough with players who revolt against his hard working style of training.

Ward is a good manager at this level and would currently be preferable to BT.

However I think Benny would be an excellent better choice at the moment.  His coaching style, involving more work with the ball at the player's feet is sorely needed as our players are sadly lacking in those skills.

He would also bring experience and a wider knowledge of players, both here and abroad and could be better placed to strengthen the squad from a wider pool of players.

The only problem I can see with employing Benny is a player's revolt over actually having to work in training.  SL would have to give him complete free reign on discipline, including being tough with players who revolt against his hard working style of training.

No. Never go back.

No absolutely not. Going back is never the same, and is often a big mistake. We appointed badly in the Summer, and missed an opportunity earlier this season when Paul Sturrock became available. I can see no point in firing Tinnion without a replacement in mind, and I don't see a good unemployed manager who'd be prepared to come to Ashton Gate on the horizon at pres.

Currently, I'd be happy with Bob Gould on a short term contract, and...see how things went.

Benny would be OK with me Southport Red.

Lots of people have a very media lead (they loved Wardy) blinkered view of this guy.  He was the revolutionary the club needed, anyone who thinks otherwise looks away from the £1.4M he made for the club by the sale of Jim Brennan. I only wish the time and resource given to Danny wilson was given to Benny.  I have a very strong belief that we would not be debating the current issues as we are today.

He prved by beating Chelsea at Viking, what a talented coach he was / is.  People forget he never was brought in to manage BCFC, but to work with John Ward.  I honesty think that he could work with Tinnion and be succesful.  And at the same time revolutinise the way the club is run on the playing side.

what planet r u from?

oh right thats why we signed Carey and Murray, Wilson next? Jordan would kick butt, but he ran off to Stoke :@

No, he didn't.

Jordan's first spell saw him go to Hearts where, as he explained in his autobiography, he thought he would have a better chance of getting the Scotland job but it didn't work out and he then went to Stoke (via Celtic).

He was sacked by Scott Davidson in his second spell after signing the likes of Shaun Taylor, Goater, Agostino, Barnard for us for very little money.

I think Tinnion missed a huge opportunity in the summer when Joe was out of work and living in Abbots Leigh (as he still does), he would have made a brilliant assistant manager, but I think Tinnion's ego and the fact that he clearly didn't get on with Jordan in his time here prevented it.

As for Ward, no, not for me but his record shows he is miles better than our curent manager.

I'd go for Martin Scott, but Ronnie Moore, Dave Jones or Leroy Rosenior would all be good choices, too.

what planet r u from?

I tell you where I'm from.

I'm from the planet that said that said Emerson Thom was not worth 50K when offered to City from Benfica but went on to play for Sunderland, Sheffielld Wednesday, Chelsea, Bolton at a much higher level.

I'm from the planet that said Jim Brennan wasn't good enough to play for City but was transformed by Benny and was sold for £1.4M and is still playing in the priemership.

The same planet that did not give Peter Tayor the job twice. He has gone on to be a very respected U21 Coach as well as promoting Brighton and potentialy Hull.

The same planet that did not give Davisd Moyes the job, who was proven at Preston and now has given Everton their most sucessful season since the days of Howard Kendall.

And also the same planet where the footballing intelligencia of the West of England laughed at Benny L, but who went on to beat Chelsea in European competition with Viking, who's team included a supposed City reject, who happened to score in the game.

The same world in which players who suposedly are not good enough to play for Bristol City move on to be highly sucessful (Lee Miller).

What planet are you on!

Archived