IGNORED

Anyone Else Want A Refund For Last Night?

Guest hairyshamrock

Guest hairyshamrock

I have not long posted this on the Colin and Steve Muppet Show forum - if anyone else agrees they feel they deserve a refund on last nights (never mind the last 6-8 home games) add your names...

I know i have criticised the running of the club greatly over the past few weeks but i would just like to say now that many other clubs over the years have offered refunds for watching tripe thats been served up on the field that would resemble that! Or could you not see it through the thick cigar smoke in your fancy box?

Come on, you lot say you have the good of the football club in mind, well what about its fans?

We pay to come and support the club we love and we have been doing so all season. How about showing some respect to these fans and saying enough is enough?

If i were you i'd tell all 14 players who went out on the pitch and didn't give one iota about this club to forget their match fees and their wages this week as its going back to the fans.

AND DON'T TELL ME YOU CAN'T OR IT'S NOT POLICY - YOU RUN THIS CLUB BUT WE KEEP IT ALIVE! GIVE BACK TO THOSE WHO THOSE PLAYERS ARE STEALING FROM!

Guest russgas1
I have not long posted this on the Colin and Steve Muppet Show forum - if anyone else agrees they feel they deserve a refund on last nights (never mind the last 6-8 home games) add your names...

I know i have criticised the running of the club greatly over the past few weeks but i would just like to say now that many other clubs over the years have offered refunds for watching tripe thats been served up on the field that would resemble that! Or could you not see it through the thick cigar smoke in your fancy box?

Come on, you lot say you have the good of the football club in mind, well what about its fans?

We pay to come and support the club we love and we have been doing so all season. How about showing some respect to these fans and saying enough is enough?

If i were you i'd tell all 14 players who went out on the pitch and didn't give one iota about this club to forget their match fees and their wages this week as its going back to the fans.

AND DON'T TELL ME YOU CAN'T OR IT'S NOT POLICY - YOU RUN THIS CLUB BUT WE KEEP IT ALIVE! GIVE BACK TO THOSE WHO THOSE PLAYERS ARE STEALING FROM!

I have never read such complete cock and bull in my whole life. You pay to go to watch City and thats exactly what you did. No-one can guarantee that its going to be a good game. Some of the stuff that gets posted on the SteveL site is embarrassing.

I have never read such complete cock and bull in my whole life.  You pay to go to watch City and thats exactly what you did.  No-one can guarantee that its going to be a good game.  Some of the stuff that gets posted on the SteveL site is embarrassing.

Here, here. Hang your head in shame, hairyshamrock.

Guest hairyshamrock

No shame here my friends, i know i pay my money and take a chance, but the integrity of some clubs leads to refunds for watching such tripe!!

If you were in a restarant and got food of that standard you'd expect a refund so why because its football should it be expected for hard working folkes to just accept the crap on the pitch and just walk away another £20+ the lighter?

No shame here my friends, i know i pay my money and take a chance, but the integrity of some clubs leads to refunds for watching such tripe!! 

If you were in a restarant and got food of that standard you'd expect a refund so why because its football should it be expected for hard working folkes to just accept the crap on the pitch and just walk away another £20+ the lighter?

You wouldn't expect a refund at the cinema if you saw a bad film though, would you? If it bothers you that much, vote with your feet and don't go any more, but IMO silly requests like that don't ultimately achieve anything, merely adding to the general negative feeling around the place.

[edit] I think what's really got my goat about this post is "have a pop at steve and colin", both in the sub-header and in your post. The board have invested hundreds of thousands in the club this season. Put bluntly, the board are keeping this club afloat - if they wany a cigar smoke-filled box, then so be it... Sure, ask questions about the management of the club and how we move forwards, but personal attacks like that are unwarranted.

Ok i'd stop talking now mate I think people are just laughing at you now! Where on the ticket is there any guarantee you're going to get a good match?! If you think you're guaranteed good football at ashton gate every week then it really does show your foolishness! :unsure:

Guest Tactical Genius

If it's value for money you are after then you need to think about becoming a steward. That way they pay you to watch the game and have a chat with your mates. You also get the opportunity to bully people you don't like the look of.

• Admin
Anyone Else Want A Refund For Last Night?

Not really, yes I was annoyed and frustrated by the performance on Friday, yes I want City to be successful and eventually win the Champions League ( :unsure: ) but most of all, my love for City is "unconditional", if they don't achieve those aims then they will still hold a place in my heart and thus I will not seek ways to financially hurt the club.

Edit: Chelsea have lost just Premieship game this season, but unfortunately that was against the rather useless Manchester City, and their even more useless manager Kevin Keegan. They then contrived to not even beat (or score against) them in the return fixture. I hope Roman issued refunds to any Chelsea fan attending these embarassing shambles, after all he can afford it as well.....What do you mean he didn't? :)

Guest WillsbridgeRed

[edit] I think what's really got my goat about this post is "have a pop at steve and colin", both in the sub-header and in your post. The board have invested hundreds of thousands in the club this season. Put bluntly, the board are keeping this club afloat - if they wany a cigar smoke-filled box, then so be it... Sure, ask questions about the management of the club and how we move forwards, but personal attacks like that are unwarranted.

They're doing more damage then good, It's been a farce since the £10mil promise from Gooch and has got ever worse.

At present the club is back to the same posistion it was in under Pulis, stagnent, rudderless and wastefull. The only saving grace is that we are not full of overpaid journeymen.

Oh wait, yes we are

Guest hairyshamrock
If it's value for money you are after then you need to think about becoming a steward. That way they pay you to watch the game and have a chat with your mates. You also get the opportunity to bully people you don't like the look of.

Now this one i like.

As for the idea of having a pop at the board, is it not their decision who gets the managers job? YES

When the manager gets it wrong and he goes, do those who appointed him and "wholeheartedly support him" stay in a job? YES

Is this fair? NO - NO MATTER HOW MUCH MONEY THEY "PUMP INTO THE CLUB" THEY COULD HAVE SAVED POSSIBLY 75% IF THEY MAKE A GOOD CHOICE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

How much have Luton spent this year?

Now this one i like. 

As for the idea of having a pop at the board, is it not their decision who gets the managers job?  YES

When the manager gets it wrong and he goes, do those who appointed him and "wholeheartedly support him" stay in a job? YES 

Is this fair?  NO - NO MATTER HOW MUCH MONEY THEY "PUMP INTO THE CLUB" THEY COULD HAVE SAVED POSSIBLY 75% IF THEY MAKE A GOOD CHOICE IN THE FIRST PLACE. 

How much have Luton spent this year?

OK - let's have a whip-round for the couple of million quid we'd need to pay off City's debts if the board resigned.

With the exception of this season, I think that SL's reign has been a pretty positive one. The Tinman appointment could have gone either way, and still could - we're not out of the play-off hunt yet.

Bringing in a successful manager doesn't necessarily bring success. Look at Reidy at Coventry, Sturrock at Southampton, Robson at WBA.

If you've got a gripe with the board, fine, call for their resignation (and looking at the board, I'm not sure that's the popular view). I stand by what I said about personal attacks, which aren't on.

• Admin
OK - let's have a whip-round for the couple of million quid we'd need to pay off City's debts if the board resigned.

With the exception of this season, I think that SL's reign has been a pretty positive one. The Tinman appointment could have gone either way, and still could - we're not out of the play-off hunt yet.

Bringing in a successful manager doesn't necessarily bring success. Look at Reidy at Coventry, Sturrock at Southampton, Robson at WBA.

If you've got a gripe with the board, fine, call for their resignation (and looking at the board, I'm not sure that's the popular view). I stand by what I said about personal attacks, which aren't on.

As of now the debt stands at £5.7m, the annual losses are still over £1m so let's say we have to raise £10m to see us through the next few years, if things aren't sorted financially by then we'll stick our heads in the sand and hope for the best but of course we'll appoint a decent manager so cannot possibly fail can we?

Right, I'll start off the whip round with £25, only £9,999,975 to go.

Archived