IGNORED

12 Months Is A Long Time In Football.

jimmyb

this was happening at BS3

http://www.bcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...27~1780,00.html

9 Wins on the trot - Tommy scoring the winner at Posh - DW celebrating 100 wins - and if anyone cares to remember we were about to go to Grimsby and win to got top of the league.

What a difference a year makes!!!!

So its the morning after the night before and it the cold light of day what should the assessment of last night be??

I think last night (with a few more expletives) I referred to it as an embarassing disgrace and I stand by that this morning.

That was without any doubt the worst I have seen city serve up since the Cluelis days. And before those of you that way inclined remind me how bad the football was last season under DW don't worry i haven't forgotten. I remember quite clearly falling asleep during one game last year.

BUT

We were winning - and if you're winning it doesnt matter - we had the best defence in the league - the back four incicdently was hill - coles - butler -carey, mmm what happened there then???

After the chesterfield debacle we had the one on ones, the bad eggs were uncovered and told to go elsewhere, those with suffcicient pride passion and desire were told to step forward and pick up a shirt. A half decent result at Hull and all of a sudden everything is rosy in the garden again (sort of)

Smokescreen.

A smokescreen to hide the serious deficiencies in the management and training at the club.

After nearly 50 games Tinnion hasd no clue who his best players are, what his best formation is.

This is absolutely thoroughly unacceptable. No other man other than Tinnion would be have been given the lattitude he has in trying to get this right. Last night just underlined that the man is not good enough for this job.

Someone posted Scott Davidsons quote from the appointment of Fawthrop of 'who else in the football league would give this man the job' - answer no-one. Still applies here i'm afraid.

In terms of footballs hierarchy we are a smalll club - but in the small pond of Divisions 3 & 4 were are a big fish. Probably us and Sheff Wed are the biggest jobs outside the top two divisions. The Man Ure and Arsenal of Div 3 & 4 if you will. So ask the question would Man Ure or Arsenal give a player the managers job??

Answer no.

A fundamental error by SL that is ripping the heart out of the football club - and moving us back 5 years. Benny started the good work bringing the young lads through followed by the 3 wise men and eventually DW.

All of those players have now gone or are going. Some (eg A Brown) not Tins fault others are - most notbaly Tommy and Coles. I've sort of sided with manger over his treatment of these players but last night i seem to have had what alcoholics describe as a moment of clarity.

How is it that a NI international who (by all accounts) loves this club with all his heart - cant be arsed to play?? How does a £500k 21 year old centre half just think ###### it - its not worth it i cant be arsed.

I'm sorry but its dawning on me that its the manager who takes the blame - through clash of egos or whatever i don't know but its killing the club and must be stopped. The only way to stop it is to remove the manager. Soem will sayt his is giving into player power but if its ultimately in the clubs long term benefit it must be done. Neither can sentiment be allowed to rule the mind.

Oh and by the way were was that Passion and desire and belief and pride that all the players on the pitch supposedly had last night. If anyone spotted it could the please send mew the video cause i saw absolutely none.

So whos fault is it this week then?? We await with bated breath which player or two the axe will fall on this week because the're not committed enough or not hungry enough.

Smokescreen again. Sadly the truth is that the manager is not good enough. The players look lost on the pitch - Tinnion points to a lack of confidence - I believe this comes from a lack of confidence in him - they're not sure what the're supposed to be doing and at home they know they'll get crucified for it.

So where do we go from here??

Well by 4.45 this afternoon this season may well be over. Unless everyone round us has bad results the play offs are now also disappearing fast. Mathmatically possible yes but it will take a lazarus style recovery to turn around the form of this team and make the top 6.

For me he has to go and go now. With a big pat on the back, thanks for the memories (I for one will always count Anfield as one of the gretest nights of my life), and the service. Thanks for giving it a crack but it hasn't worked and we need to secure the future of the club. Sentimetn and memories have no place in modern football.

A new man in (personally Dave Jones seems realistically the best available) with a couple of months this season to get his players together see who can cut it and who can't (ability and attitude) and who he needs to get us out of this hellhole we're in.

We can then look forward to a good summer and pre-season with the new man ready to give it another go in August.

It has to be done there is no other option now.

Thanks to anyone who has bothered to get to the end of my therapy session. Oh and my season ticket is still in the bin.

Interesting reading... I used to think it was more melo-drama on here than anything else but as it goes on I find myself begininng to think I am wrong.

Players want to leave clubs who are not achieving the goals/promises they are given at the start of campaigns... I know its the players you have to contribute the most to a clubs success but there is surely an issue behind the scenes at BCFC.

You cannot blame Hill for leaving to Championship play-off contenders in Preston North End and as for Danny Coles and Tommy Doherty? I don't know, I'm not going to pretend I do know!

When Ireland joined I couldn't help but think BCFC were preparing for long term mediocracy to be honest.... Now I appreciate he's been one of your better players but signing individuals such as Ireland will not get you promoted easily.

Anyway after the England U-21 match I posted a ridiculously long message that warned that many on this forum were getting far too carried away with the game that involved an individual not the team... One week ago it was anarchy on this forum, 2 days ago it was full of joyous patting of eachothers backs even though nothing significant had happened FOR BCFC, a brilliant individual event happened for a City player, fact. But now you're back to square one, again.

You're going to get heart-attacks with these roller-coaster emotions people!

Interesting reading... I used to think it was more melo-drama on here than anything else but as it goes on I find myself begininng to think I am wrong.

My 'moment of clarity'

Players want to leave clubs who are not achieving the goals/promises they are given at the start of campaigns... I know its the players you have to contribute the most to a clubs success but there is surely an issue behind the scenes at BCFC.

Every manager in this league says week after week we have the best squad in this division. Now some of it is kidology sure but they cant all be wrong. The most worrying thing is the loss of our best players - both actually and in terms of theiur form.

You cannot blame Hill for leaving to Championship play-off contenders in Preston North End and as for Danny Coles and Tommy Doherty? I don't know, I'm not going to pretend I do know!

Would Hill have gone if were challenging for the top two positions?? I don't think so - at least not until the end of the season. He could obviously see what was going on behind the scenes and that we were going nowhere. As for Coles and Tommy - no-one really knows except them and BT and possibly SL. Its quite clear however that like Hill they don't think we;re going anywhere under BT DC wants out and Tommy is happy to sit out the season and hope BT goes in the summer (sort of our Bellamy if you like)

When Ireland joined I couldn't help but think BCFC were preparing for long term mediocracy to be honest.... Now I appreciate he's been one of your better players but signing individuals such as Ireland will not get you promoted easily.

Neither will leaving players like Wilkshire out of the team - how a gut is deemed good enough to play for Australia but not for us is amazing - Is it because he's better player than BT is or ever was?? I hope not but i kinda get that feeling - another who will soon depart i think - no doubt so we can start that uselsss journeyman Dinning instead - much more BT's type of player.

Ireland is a bog standard centre half for a bog standard team - I would prefer the cash went on Nelson or Evatt who both are young(ish) and look capable of playing at a higher level

Anyway after the England U-21 match I posted a ridiculously long message that warned that many on this forum were getting far too carried away with the game that involved an individual not the team... One week ago it was anarchy on this forum, 2 days ago it was full of joyous patting of eachothers backs even though nothing significant had happened FOR BCFC, a brilliant individual event happened for a City player, fact. But now you're back to square one, again.

The only brilliant thing for us is the 00's it added to his fee when he realises we're going nowhere and also decides to jump ship. By which time Heff will have long got (I said a naughty word) off and left.

You're going to get heart-attacks with these roller-coaster emotions people!

There have been two very well thought out threads on the forum today and this is one. A lot of sense in the first post. I've been very keen not to jump on the bandwagon. Football does go up and down - we have had some brilliant wins this year. When I went away to Wrexham and we won 3-1 I felt I was possibly watching a promotion team forming. And I still believe we have better individual players and squad than last year. But it started to go wrong after the Wrexham game. And now there is something seriously wrong behind the scenes and I don't think it can be fixed from within. Because the players are right (in my view) I reluctantly have to conclude that it is the management of them (including tactics) that is wrong. If it were changed now there would be a small possibility a salvaging something this season with the players still here and out on loan. But can compensation and a new manger be afforded? I doubt very much now that Tinnion and Millen can survive to the end of the season though. It will take very little to tip the balance against them completely. I wonder if they might resign?

Exceptional read Jimmyb.

My only wish is that SL & his Directors could actually see things from a fans perspective.

Reading what SL has said today,makes me think, that it just appears to be just another bad day at the office & we will be back for more on Saturday.

I fear that while SL is at the helm,Tinnion will remain at the helm.

This should be one of the letters that get to the EP.

Exceptional read Jimmyb.

My only wish is that SL & his Directors could actually see things from a fans perspective.

Reading what SL has said today,makes me think, that it just appears to be just another bad day at the office & we will be back for more on Saturday.

Cheers richie. Although it feels like being complimented for writing a good obituary. Not really sure how to take it - although if the EP want it they can have it.

That was exactly my view of SL's comments as well - almost like yeah we've had a couple of bad results but so what we'll be back in Monday and try again.

To have been a s successful as SL has been in his business dealings I cant imagine he has ever let a bad management appointment like this one drift on for this long without taking some action to rectify it.

Just as I feared on Saturday morning by 4.45 our season was over. We now have no chance whatsoever of making the play offs and so now we must start looking forward to next year.

Anyone who believes Tins will get us promoted please raise your hands. I don't and therefore think he should go now so we've got time to build for next season.

Unfortunately though I think you're right and BT is going nowhere. Perhapos when we only sell 6000 season tickets and attendances drop back to the days of 8000 then SL might start realising what a huge mistake he has made and do soemthing about it.

Until then i've got better things to do on a saturday so if SL wants a fans perspective he's welcome to have my season ticket and take my place in the Ateyo to watch that crap - maybe then he'll see what we see.

Exceptional read Jimmyb.

Cheers richie. Although it feels like being complimented for writing a good obituary. Not really sure how to take it - although if the EP want it they can have it.

That was exactly my view of SL's comments as well - almost like yeah we've had a couple of bad results but so what we'll be back in Monday and try again.

To have been a s successful as SL has been in his business dealings I cant imagine he has ever let a bad management appointment like this one drift on for this long without taking some action to rectify it.

Just as I feared on Saturday morning by 4.45 our season was over. We now have no chance whatsoever of making the play offs and so now we must start looking forward to next year.

Anyone who believes Tins will get us promoted please raise your hands. I don't and therefore think he should go now so we've got time to build for next season.

Unfortunately though I think you're right and BT is going nowhere. Perhapos when we only sell 6000 season tickets and attendances drop back to the days of 8000 then SL might start realising what a huge mistake he has made and do soemthing about it.

Until then i've got better things to do on a saturday so if SL wants a fans perspective he's welcome to have my season ticket and take my place in the Ateyo to watch that crap - maybe then he'll see what we see.

Archived