IGNORED

I Posted This December 28th 2004

cityfan

Dec 28 2004, 11:19 PM Post #1

Group: Members

Member No.: 2,447

Supported City Since: 1973

I have to say that was very poor today, certainly one of the poorest I have seen for a long while.

1) Why do we insist on hitting the pool in the air and losing control?

2) Why are we playing to the heads of Lita and Heffernan?

3) The game is called football. Even though Hartlepool were poor and were there for the taking, they did at least play the ball on the ground resemblimng the name of the game

4) Bradley Orr has made no progress He simply cannot pass the ball to another City player Why is he playing?

5) Whether we care to admit it or not, we were a far more potent force last year with Carey overlapping Murray, Aaron Brown running the left wing and with Peacock (When fit) and Roberts/Miller running the front line. That team offered more pace, more threats to the oppoosition, more movement, more space and more running off the ball.

6) Why does no one run in support of anyone? Everyone was static today NOT EVEN TRYING to create space and opportunity

7) Creativity starts in the midfield and this is where our problems are which I have said this many times before. If you create nothing you get nothing. Peacock, Roberts, Lita, Heffernan and Miller were/are all capable of scoring goals. We didn't need Brooker. Even though we now have him, had he played today he would still have been starved of the ball and he doesn't win that many balls in the air with the football we play anyway.

Although the points differential for a play off place is small and on a points basis City can easily do it, on a performance basis, they look way off the play off's

Archived